Blog Comments

Hey Mark,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll work on them.
    What bluetooth game pad do you have? I think I can assign functions to game pads (well I know I can but bluetooth is the question). It would be cool though. Let me know which one you have and if available I'll work starting with that one, so at least one person has the same one to test.

Scott
    I haven't had a chance to test this Scott, but I'm guessing it works as advertised and congratulations to you and Mindplace to be the first ones to approach this .

A feature set which I would like to see added , which would make it useful for me would be to add similar functionality of the manual mode on the Proteus. Namely some way to sync lock the beat frequency of both green and red lights so a single slider could be used to change frequency while using with glasses on so that for example the red frequency slider becomes master tempo, and also the addition of a phase shift lock button which puts the colours out of phase by 180 degrees as is done on the Proteus. These additions would allow user to get back the AS manual mode lost on the Procyon and Kasina which I used to use heavily on the Proteus whilst listening to ambient music .

Without thinking too far ahead mapping some features to a bluetooth gamepad controller such as I use with my Android devices, would be really cool - such as using the momentary bumper buttons for pre-mapped higher rate visual light `trills' ( the equivalent of fast drum rolls) which can be so pleasurable in short doses, and mapping frequency rate of colours to joysticks for some wild visual effects to experiment with whilst listening to music ?

Mark
    Hi Mike,
    What device are you using? If on iOS (iPhone, iPad) then it is very possible to record the AudioStrobe as you tweak it in realtime. There is a audio framework app called AudioBus. It costs a little but is totally worth it if you do any kind of audio on iOS.
    With AudioBus you can route the audio out of our apps to any other app that supports it. (many dozens do) GarageBand is one example. I like an app called AudioShare for this purpose. You can even record music or soundscapes from another source and mix them together
    Once you have recorded the session then you can export it as a wave or mp3 to save it.
    I am developing a workflow around it and will make some videos showing how to do it.
    If you have an Android based device then I haven't yet discovered a way to do what you can on Apple products. The audio engine is not quite as advanced yet. There might be a way and if anyone knows please inform us.
    SpectraStrobe is in the works. I am trying out some different interfaces to handle the controls in the best way.

Thanks for playing!
    Scott
    That is great! How can I create a recorder audio track with light and sound? Also, will it be possible to do same app with Spectra Strobe instead of Audiostrobe?
    Actually, it is going to be released. I've recently been finishing up a SpectraStrobe color encoding system for Mind Workstation and this utility will help with that. The video series will continue too. A lot on the plate this year
    Did you ever release that color wheel with Red filter utility? Mac and or PC
    Yes, especially in the sense that AudioStrobe is only 2 channels (left and right). Thus, all other AS devices use only 2 lights. The Kasina introduced ColorSets to overcome this limitation. You can map 2 sets of colors as you like, covering all methods previously used to decode AS. Or you can use the random sets to utilize all of the lights algorithmically.

SpectraStrobe was introduced with the Kasina to overcome all of the limitations of AudioStrobe and allow full control of all 6 light channels (RGB - LR).
    Quote - " All curent MindPlace machines interpret AS channels as selecting color. On the Kasina with ColorSets you can pick the mode you want."

So I guess that kind of means that the Kasina, which defaults to colorset 1, which is RGB both eyes, essentially allows you to decode Audiostrobe in a much different matter (and in a way no other device can) then any other audiostrobe device when in that type of mode?

Or to put it another way, when I have been doing AudioStrobe sessions, in mode 1, I am experiencing different visual effects then were intended originally on an AS device?
    Maybe default printer settings are adding borders? Thanks for the tip!
    Just a friendly reminder, when printing these, make sure you set your print options to "Print Actual Size".

My first print was just a little shrunk down with the default settings (just enough it didn't quite stay in place), telling it to print "Actual Size" fixed it.
    Maybe the computer you are using doesn't have a PDF viewer application installed like Adobe Acrobat? Try this download link: http://get.adobe.com/reader . Let me know if this helps and I hope you enjoy some of the shapes. I think the ones in the first set are the most interesting in how they affect the lights.

Best,
    Scott
    Here I go looking thick again
    I simply clicked on the links on my ipad yesterday and saw the shapes instantly.

Today I wanted to print them off but when I click on them on my desk top they are a mass of code
    What am I doing wrong?
    They look amazing!!!
    Cannot wait to try them. Thanks for going to all that effort.
    4 top chakra patterns added.
    I added another pattern set...
    Right, on the red off (complement color). It is a triangular wave that seems to be the key to creating this effect. This gives a lot of edge blending. So it may be that the Proteus can't reproduce it having only a square for light modulation. It could with AudioStrobe of course.

Still I am surprised by the scarcity of green throughout. It may be that our perception tends to filter out the unchanging LED. I will test if I can reproduce it on the Proteus and then Procyon.
    Interesting effect, Scott... this 'blue illusion' worked best for me when the red lights were flashing more rapidly and at a dimmer session, kicking in at around 4 minutes. I could perceive it during the 'red off' phases at slower frequencies, while at times, especially early on, red was clearly noticeable. Could be that it took my eyes a while to accommodate to the effect. This effect could be useful also for Proteus owners who would like to add blue without buying a more expensive Procyon or Kasina...
    BTW, this is a perception test, so I would appreciate it if you report the colors you see. One can't always be sure that what they see is also what others see. It would be helpful in creating sessions to know if this type of color perception illusion is common.
    Thanks Scott. Will check this out first thing when back from holiday. Was going to sneak the Kasina in but wife knows me too well to bring this along.
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis
    Fast frequency changes have a tendency to produce illusionary colors.
    I created a test file that shows some color illusions here:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...olor-Illusions
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast