Blog Comments

Any update on this project?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oohyeah KL
    Seems like the files are no longer available. Any chance of getting them uploaded again please? Thanks!

KL
    Done!

Thank you for letting us know.
    Seems like the files are no longer available. Any chance of getting them uploaded again please? Thanks!

KL
    Just so everyone is aware, the instructions for the Audacity plug-ins are now out-of-date and don't work on the latest versions of Audacity. I've added an issue to Github with the updated instructions here https://github.com/scottosx/Audacity...Suite/issues/2
    Ground color choice directed across! Sesame color choice Yeezy Elevate 350 V2 would be for sale for June

All the [url=https://www.lytgov.com/yeezy-c-1.html]Adidas Yeezy 350 Elevate V1 Beluga[/url], commonly Yeezy selection, 's still that can be found as news got around. All the earth-colored [url=https://www.fixeaz.com/adidas-c-92.html]adidas Spezial Wholesale[/url] is normally preferred just by plenty of people there are most recently carried this approach set of footwear to life [url=https://www.fixeaz.com/nmd-c-20.html]Adidas NMD XR1 Primeknit[/url].

All the athletic shoes really are principally while using color choice for the secure which usually Kanye is normally attracted in. [url=https://www.fixeaz.com/tubular-c-11.html]adidas Tubular Entrap Primeknit[/url] All the lgt khaki goes over your entire, mad benefits and additionally different shades can be to suit the summer months utilize. [url=https://www.fixeaz.com/ultra-boost-c-6.html]Parley back button adidas Seriously Elevate Uncaged[/url] This approach year's cutting edge color choice might also feature "Butter" and additionally "Cream White". [url=https://www.lytgov.com/]Adidas Normal Elevate Afternoon Navy[/url] Couple of sets about different shades.

[url=https://www.lytgov.com/yeezy-c-1.html]Adidas Yeezy 350 Elevate V1 Beluga[/url] Present day info how the two of sesame colorings would be officially marketed for June, butter and additionally along with white color choice is a first of all looking for July and additionally Come july 1st, and additionally two sets about color choice would be advertised for sequence around ninety days. [url=https://www.lytgov.com/ultra-boost-c-6.html]Adidas Seriously Elevate Uncaged White Carbon[/url] The things would you like to decide to buy?
    If you're looking for the SS Ref Autopan plugin that's used in the tutorial, it looks like Panning (LFO) 2a will work.
    See thread here.
    The L&S centipede
    I bought 2 sets of LED strips from MindPlace, 2 goggles, and two 3 way TRRS splitters from Amazon. Now I can demo the Kasina to 3 people together simultaneously. Important, as I've just become an Approved Affiliate. I also like the fact I'm less likely to go to sleep and roll over breaking the stock Ganz frames. Goggles with foam edging and painted lenses also cut down on ambient light; no need to have a darkened room.

Additional Construction Notes:
    * I used a hot glue gun to affix the LED strips; quick & easy. If you don't trust yourself to correct positioning using this rapidly drying glue, I suppose you could use double sided sticky foam tape.
    * Since the cord is weakly soldered to the LED strip, I made a loop UP from the strip, and then exited DOWN through the foam gap at bottom left side of the goggles. I used a tab of the super strong "Gorilla" brand duct tape to hold the cord firmly in place. This gives a bit of slop to the cord should it get yanked.

This project was easy, quick and cost less than 2 pair of GanzGlasses.

Thankx Scott!!!
    Hi Scott,
    I agree that the option between eyes open / half open / closed is excellent for meditation. I find that I can totally become lost in the experience which is a sort of surrender. It can also help with people like me who tend towards sleep when meditating, much to my frustration. I now feel so much more in control as I can have a quick top up of the full vision to get me back on course and it is in no way jarring either.
    It allows me to have more choice as to what I want to achieve.
    I think it really has taken AVS to the next level.
    There is a good unity course on udemy, fwiw...I have enrolled but haven't started it. And looking at those ipego options, I like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ipega-Joysti...item4aedef92b5 as it supports android and iOS.
    Well done, Scott!

The DIY LED Strips are $21 each, and includes the cable. Get them here!

-Robert
    I did have my eyes open throughout the first session. In the second session I was using the DV glasses but I had my eyes closed after about the middle of the ramp down at the start (not shown). The strength of the flicker in closed eyes on the DV glasses is not as bright as the regular 'closed eye' Ganzframes, but still quite sufficient. I have especially learned to appreciate the pure white that these deliver.
    Interesting results, Scott--especially with FP1/FP2, which normally show some of the smallest EEG effects from flicker stimulation. Did you have your eyes open for the entire session in both cases? 18 Hz appeared stronger and a good illustration of how flicker activates frequencies near the stimulation frequency.
    The material for the second part was later incorporated more clearly in the manual as a chart. On page 29 here.

What do you mean by difference? Like does one color have more of an effect than another?
    Interesting read Neuroasis. Thank you for writing this. Did you write part II as well?

I wonder what difference does it make if I select one colorset over the other in my Kasina... can you shed some light on that too?
    Thanks for this! I learn something new every day!
    This is excellent information. I appreciate your expertise in this area. It appears that the current rumor mill says that the commercial Rift likely won't be released even this year. There must be some major technology upgrades just around the corner that have not reached the mainstream yet to be affordable enough for mass production.

Always for me in cases like this, it is not 'if' but 'when'. When should I invest the money and time?

I notice that Unity is coming forward in a big way and with 6 opened up much more on the free level.
    Yes thats the beast .... nice colour match to the Gear VR .

Whether to wait for the RIFT consumer or not - big question ( ok I'm going to burn off some caffeine here ) . They have sold 100k Dev kit 2 now - there are a lot of people working on new apps .

I have had an Oculus DK2 since about November last year . The Gear VR is a much more polished device. Oculus was involved of course so they managed to pass on what they allready new. The GPU capabilities are much more limited on a phone , so the poly and texture grade and shaders will be simpler. The 3 axis head tracking on the gear VR is excellent even though running at 60 hz refresh not 75hz like DK2. The situation with no IPD or focus adjustment ( other than optionl lens set ) is hell on the DK2. I had to order after market 3D printed adjusters for IPD - and use a software hack - the retrofit constantly hurts my nose . For some reason the GearVR is much less sensitive to IPD - they are built for 64 average and mine is 70 but it is perfectly usable - only a slight chromatic aberration in one eye. I think the lenses are a better design in Gear VR and Chromatic Aberration correction via software is critical to have correct IPD in the rift -which is why the DK2 has little sensitivity to wrong user IPD . The latest version of Rift prototype uses two screens so it is clear that CV1 ( commercial release ) will have IPD adjust.

The most important feature of the Gear VR is that you have adjustable lens focus - I am about -5 in both eyes and I can get crisp focus no glasses unlike the Rift . The headset is lighter and more light tight . There is a problem with fogging . It is warm and humid here in Australia at the moment and I have fitted a 5V 30mm fan running off 3v AAA cells . I drilled a hole in one side to get the air . Problem solved . The Gear VR for Samsung S6 about to be relesed has a fan built in - every iteration will be called the innovator edition until commercial release.

The lack of positional tracking is still aproblem with gear VR - if you move forward or backward or sideways the world moves with you which can be nauseating . At the same time RIFT DK2 has positional tracking but you are tethered by leads so you can't move far anyway ! But positional tracking totally cures the slight nausea of moving your head in 6DOF with only 3DOF tracking .

The `screen door' effect is pretty bad in DK2 with a 1080P screen ( you are probably seeing about 800 pixels spread over 100 degree FOV
    It is much improved with Gear VR which has a 1440p screen vertically but still pretty obvious and intrusive if you are watching a movie in the virtual theatre. I beleive CV1 has at least 1440p screens with fresnel lenses that make screen door much less visible. Note 5 will probably have 4K screen but they will not go higher than this as for a consumer phone 1440p is allready perfect to the naked eye. Android are developing a special operating system for VR and NVidea are developing GPU specific for headsets so I expect in a couple of years time you will have stand alone VR headsets with custom 4 K screens and no phone needed for under $300 ! 4K will not be enough to get rid of screen door but will get close .

The apps I really like on Gear VR are the virtual cinemas , 360 degree spherical photos and videos which take me straight to somewher real .
    The cinema is amazing . The sense of scale in VR is mind blowing . The next version of operating system will allow 360 degree 3D videos in the media player which will be great . You can watch your photos and videos in a big virtual cinema which is great and the VOID cinema is in all blank and you can set the screen where you want so watch your video content while laying down !. The apps will start to roll out soon - we don't have access to the commercial VR shop yet in Aus so can only download demos - so nothing much playable yet though I am not much into games.

The killer app for me will be a 3D music visualiser ! I am sure there are some in the wings .

I consider the VR market to be the wild west - a new human frontier that will be only limited by the imagination . Is it good value right now ? Probably only for enthusiasts, but in a couple of years it will a mature form ready for the public. if you can use a really state of the art phone then a Note 4 or S6 is agood choice for the next few years . I had other reasons to buy a Note 4 so I could justify the expense.

I'd recommend putting together a Google Cardboard head set together for a few dollars , stick in an Android phone and view some f the hundreds of side by side videos of RIFT and Gear VR to get and idea of what it looks like . The real thing - with perfect head tracking and optics and huge FOV is way better but at least it gives you a little taster .

The tools for building 3D apps are free now ( ie Unity Free ) and there are loads of vids on Youtube to guide you on building worlds. I had one up and running for the Rift in about 15 minutes .

Hope this helps . A good place to read user comments and all things developing are the REDDIT threads for Oculus Rift and GearVR and register as a developer on the Oculus site and access the forums for both - theres some seriously talented people on there to help .
    Alright, so I am looking at the white one (Kasina close match) http://www.ebay.com/itm/IPega-PG-902...item1e9126ce10

And tell me about the Samsung GearVR ... how you like it and all of that. I have seen it and been interested but kind of decided to wait for the Oculus Rift with in built audio and all of that. It is supposedly right around the corner.

But I am getting really serious about app development now.
    G'day Scott.

yes I'm happy to try out .My controller is an Ipega 9025 - they are cheap as chips and pretty ubiquitous in the Android gaming scene- have a look at the huge range- Ebay is a good place to buy online . There is an explosion of them for gaming on pads and phones - I can clip my Samsung Note 4 into it . You can boot it up in 3 modes - one of which requires a program to run in the background for custom mappings. I usually switch on in standard game pad mode so all the standard mappings as an Xbox 360 game pad. i use it specifically with the Samsung GearVR headset . Works like a charm .

Perhaps we can PM on some appropriate gamepad mappings of some cool stuff effects ..there are a lot of bumpers and buttons on a gamepad. I'm just guessing but I'm sure bluetooth gamepad support is all built into the Android platform and if you make the mappings in your app builder they will automatically work - you probably dont have to think about the Bluetooth aspect..
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast