Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HYPNOSIS MP3s

Default HYPNOSIS MP3s

Hello everybody!Does enybody know if it's ok to mix binaural beats(from my Procyon) with hypnosis mp3 that contain musical background.Do binaural beats will still work when disturbed by the music?And how loud shoud I play binaural beats to make them work while listining to the music(louder than music)?.Other question is: Does anybody know some good websites that are selling good hypnosis mp3(does not have to be cheap but efective, and maybe no musical background, just the vocal)?Thanx!

Patrick

Blog Entries

Default Re: HYPNOSIS MP3s

Hi Patrick,

Quote Originally Posted by Hidee View Post
    Hello everybody!Does enybody know if it's ok to mix binaural beats(from my Procyon) with hypnosis mp3 that contain musical background.Do binaural beats will still work when disturbed by the music?And how loud shoud I play binaural beats to make them work while listining to the music(louder than music)?.Other question is: Does anybody know some good websites that are selling good hypnosis mp3(does not have to be cheap but efective, and maybe no musical background, just the vocal)?Thanx!

Patrick
    When you are saying "binaural beats" are you referring to a program on your Procyon that you want to play with a music MP3 or a MP3 that contains binaural beats?

If the tempo of the music is fast and/or lively but you are wanting to get into a hypnotic state then the music may interfere with the entrainment. If you match the tempo of the music relatively close to the target frequency then you should be okay. In the end, you could test it with extra music and without and see if you get favorable results from either or both.

What kind of hypnosis CD are you looking for?
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Binaural beats are relatively fragile - if your music contains any significant amount of frequencies close to the binaural carriers, you will get additional binaural beats.

Not all of the tones created by the Procyon are binaural - the ones where you hear a clear pulsing (sometimes referred to as isochronic beats) are relatively unaffected by music.

Some programs (such as Neuroprogrammer or Mind Workstation) allow you to apply a low pass filter to the music to remove everything from just above the beat carrier frequency (say, 200Hz).

Marisa's suggestion to just try it is a good one - while there's lots of research on what does and doesn't work, and theories why, ultimately it's the subjective experience of it working for you that you're after.

Cheers,
    Craig

4. Default Re: HYPNOSIS MP3s

Hypnosis is kind of a hobby of mine. I am not a trained hypnotist but rather collect self hypnosis tracks. I've also helped a friend develope some CDs for commercial release.

I think finding effective hypnosis tracks is a personal choice. What works for one person may not work for another. I bought my first hypnosis cassettes back in the early 1980s from a company called Potentials Unlimited. I had forgotten all about them until I saw a thread somewhere at this forum where the poster said he still used their cassettes and had good results with them. I wanted them to be successful but never got much from them myself. On top of that, though the hypnotist seemed sincere and a nice guy, I found his voice kind of wimpy. But thses were the first hypnosis tracks on the mainstream market.

My first success with hypnosis recordings was a few years later with Marshall Sylver's "Passion, Profit, and Power." He's more of a slick, stage hypnotist, and the set was sold through a late night television infomercial. But I actually saw results with his recordings (again cassettes) and incidentally, that was when I first started using self-hypnosis with light/sound machines.

All hypnosis is actually self-hypnosis. I think a lot of the success with it has to do with how you connect with the hypnotist. Posters on another forum raved about Dr. Laura DeGorio. I found her accent too distracting for me to listen to and have dropped her tracks from my rotation. Another thing to consider is production techniques. I don't care so much if there is music or not, but I like tracks that have voices wispering in the backround and/or moving around in my head. I also prefer a female voice over a male one.

There are a lot of people selling hypnosis MP3s on the Web. I think the only way to find something that works is to spend a bit of money and trying different companies. If my friend was more ambitious and had her website up, I'd be a shill and recommend hers. Several websites offer free samples, I know that Dr. DeGorio does and there are others out there too.

As for backround music with L/S machines, Marisa and CraigT are much more knowledgable than I am on binaural beats so I can't add anything to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    When you are saying "binaural beats" are you referring to a program on your Procyon that you want to play with a music MP3 or a MP3 that contains binaural beats?
    Hi Marisa, I was referring to a program on my Procyon.The reason why I asked that question is because most of the hypnosis mp3s/CDs contain the musical background.I'm just not sure how to use my procyon and this type of recordings together, so I could benefit from both(hypnosis mp3s and my procyon).Of course hypnosis CD without any music(just vocal) would be ideal, but I can't find any.The type of hypnosis CDs I'm looking for:
    1. Something to reduce Anxiety
    2. Spiritual Growth(OBE, LD, Past life regression)

Thanx for suggestions.

Patrick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidee View Post
    Hi Marisa, I was referring to a program on my Procyon.The reason why I asked that question is because most of the hypnosis mp3s/CDs contain the musical background.I'm just not sure how to use my Procyon and this type of recordings together, so I could benefit from both(hypnosis mp3s and my procyon).Of course hypnosis CD without any music(just vocal) would be ideal, but I can't find any.
    The music that usually accompanies a hypnosis cd is usually pretty mellow as the idea is to induce a trance state. I don't think there will be a conflict in your using an Alpha/Theta program with any of your hypnosis cds.

The type of hypnosis CDs I'm looking for:
    1. Something to reduce Anxiety
    2. Spiritual Growth(OBE, LD, Past life regression)
    Relaxation hypnosis Cd's are the most popular and so there should be a large choice available. Something NLP-based would be awesome for you. Here's a link to a company that I've bought products from and have been happy with: http://shop.nlpco.com/SearchResults.asp . I looked through the site and there are lots of interesting Cd's to choose from.

Re: Spiritual Growth

Spiritual growth is a very personal and individual journey. You may enjoy listening to the thoughts and teachings of various individuals and perhaps their words will provide comfort, direction or inspiration for you along your path.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are plenty of people out there who will try to convince you that their way is the only way and that they hold some secret spiritual knowledge or power when in truth they are just deluded and have an inflated sense of ego based on an imagined truth. No one has those answers. All they have that they can share with you are their own beliefs on the subject and just because they believe it, does not mean it is true. Spiritual teaching is a multi-million dollar industry and it is filled with snake oil sales people and people with compromised mental stability. Walk carefully. Trust yourself above anyone else.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Wow, thank You for such a quick reply.Your suggestions are definitely useful! Thanx a lot!

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I've got a couple of hypnosis MP3s on my websites that you might like to try out. Both use binaural beats, multiple voices, no music, and are all-purpose introductions to using hypnosis to enrich your life.

The first is an older recording I made - the sound quality isn't superb, but it's completely free - and you can download it here:

http://www.josephkao.co.uk/hypnosismp3.html

The second is more recent and a bit more sophisticated. You can listen online for free, but you need to pay to download it:

http://www.exploringtrance.com/mp3s/creativechange.html

Hope that helps - I'm busy working on more recordings at the moment and I'd welcome any feedback .

All the best,

Joseph

Hey Joe

Good to see you around
    I like your mp3's. I'm working on some of mine at the moment (I don't think I'll put them to sell tho)
    Last course was great I can really see results (and the clients too)

stay in touch

Etai

Hey Etai,

Great to hear from you . I've recently got a usb adapter for my Proteus, so I'm having fun coming up with some new sessions (particular using the randomiser function in the software for a "brain brightening" approach) and generally getting back into using it. So hopefully see you around here again!

Very glad you enjoyed the course and are putting the principles to good use.

All the best,

Joe

Thread Information