Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NLP

1. Default Re: NLP

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Did you get hold of Andrew Austin? If so, was he able to provide you with a list of potential trainers?

M.
    I haven't heard from Andrew Austin, yet. Perhaps he doesn't know of any in Ireland.

What different courses have you done, Marisa?
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Default Re: NLP

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    I haven't heard from Andrew Austin, yet. Perhaps he doesn't know of any in Ireland.

What different courses have you done, Marisa?

Sorry I didn't realize that you hadn't spoken to him. Here's a link to the NLP Society in Ireland, in case you haven't found it already: http://www.nlp.ie/ . If you contact them, I'm sure you'll find a suitable trainer through them. The "society" will ensure that the trainer has sufficient qualifications to train someone else. The trainer should be a certified NLP trainer - accept nothing else.

I took the NLP Practitioner Certification and the Master Practitioner Certification. I then took the certification for Basic, Advanced and Master Hypnotherapist.

Let me know how you make out with the Irish NLP Society.

M.

3. Default Re: NLP

Sorry I didn't realize that you hadn't spoken to him. Here's a link to the NLP Society in Ireland, in case you haven't found it already: http://www.nlp.ie/ . If you contact them, I'm sure you'll find a suitable trainer through them. The "society" will ensure that the trainer has sufficient qualifications to train someone else. The trainer should be a certified NLP trainer - accept nothing else.
    Not to worry, I'll contact them for sure. Thanks

I took the NLP Practitioner Certification and the Master Practitioner Certification. I then took the certification for Basic, Advanced and Master Hypnotherapist.
    Cool. How many years have been studying NLP & Hypnotherapy?

Let me know how you make out with the Irish NLP Society.
    Will do, Marisa. Thanks again
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Cool. How many years have been studying NLP & Hypnotherapy?
    8 years. I've been studying behavior and the mind for about 12 years.

M.

5. Default Re: NLP

8 years. I've been studying behavior and the mind for about 12 years.

M.
    And thats your profession now, yes? (I may have asked you before... I forgets )

I've been flicking through a few site's online for the Practitioners course. I didn't realize it splits up into a few months. I thought it was just one 3 day course! Pricey enough here. I do hope there's some sort of guarantee... Never know what you'd get (in Ireland at least).

But I am, quite frankly, totally looking forward to doing it
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

And thats your profession now, yes? (I may have asked you before... I forgets )
    After I finished my certifications, I opened up a counseling practice and did that for three years. After three years, I decided that I didn't enjoy counseling so I shut down the practice and turned my attention toward AVS and became the Canadian Distributor for Mindplace products. I do this part time and import and export the products for Mindplace part time as well. I've never stopped studying NLP and brain technology though ... only because I find it so very interesting.

I've been flicking through a few site's online for the Practitioners course. I didn't realize it splits up into a few months. I thought it was just one 3 day course! Pricey enough here. I do hope there's some sort of guarantee... Never know what you'd get (in Ireland at least).
    Some trainers have the classes over a series of weekends. My Practitioners Course was 14 days and the Master Practitioner's Course was 14 days as well. I got lucky and got to do both in one month. The courses are expensive but I found it was the best money I've spent. When I took my certifications 8 years ago, I paid $1500 per course.

If the instructor is a certified NLP Instructor, you don't really need a guarantee because they will teach a standardized course. What you get out of the course, depends on you. Some people have taken NLP and not gotten anything out of it because they didn't practice what they learned and they didn't do any additional study. Like anything, you get out of it what you put into it. I was really into learning NLP and I found the training to be life changing (for the better).

When you find a trainer, you can PM me the course information (if you'd like) and I'll take a look at it and the trainers credentials and give you my opinion on it. Let me know if there is any other way I can be of assistance to you during your process of learning. Please feel free to ask any questions or discuss any of the procedures or information you learn.

M.

But I am, quite frankly, totally looking forward to doing it [/quote]

7. Default Re: NLP

After I finished my certifications, I opened up a counseling practice and did that for three years. After three years, I decided that I didn't enjoy counseling so I shut down the practice and turned my attention toward AVS and became the Canadian Distributor for Mindplace products. I do this part time and import and export the products for Mindplace part time as well. I've never stopped studying NLP and brain technology though ... only because I find it so very interesting.
    What was involved in your counseling course that you didn't enjoy? It's really cool how you've stuck at what you really love.
    Have you ever looked into Psychology?

Some trainers have the classes over a series of weekends. My Practitioners Course was 14 days and the Master Practitioner's Course was 14 days as well. I got lucky and got to do both in one month. The courses are expensive but I found it was the best money I've spent. When I took my certifications 8 years ago, I paid $1500 per course.

If the instructor is a certified NLP Instructor, you don't really need a guarantee because they will teach a standardized course. What you get out of the course, depends on you. Some people have taken NLP and not gotten anything out of it because they didn't practice what they learned and they didn't do any additional study. Like anything, you get out of it what you put into it. I was really into learning NLP and I found the training to be life changing (for the better).
    Some of the one's I was looking at were spread over about 5 months. I don't know what advantage/ disadvantage this has but it sounds rather awkward :S

What I'm primarily worried about taking this course is not being able to put in enough, myself. With intensive study in the coming months I'm worried I won't find the time. But perhaps this might work well? With something frequent like this, maybe it is the kind of thing one could slowly incorporate into that particular routine? Such as trying out something you learned and then being able to practice it everyday subconsciously, as you will be doing that particular thing nonetheless? If you get me? Or would NLP be something you need to put time into for a while before you can incorporate it... Not sure if my words are making much sense. I hope you can make some sense out of them!

When you find a trainer, you can PM me the course information (if you'd like) and I'll take a look at it and the trainers credentials and give you my opinion on it. Let me know if there is any other way I can be of assistance to you during your process of learning. Please feel free to ask any questions or discuss any of the procedures or information you learn.
    Thank you very much, M. You are very helpful

Cheers,
    Graham.
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

8. Default Re: NLP

Graham,

As noted in my book message elsewhere, you might want to check out the Anthony Robbins Personal Power II CD set. Not a practitioners course, but absolutely loaded with NLP and worth using if you can pick up a second hand set. I paid US$50 for a used full set of 25 CDs. Fills a 2GB iPod!!

I just checked Amazon.com and .co.uk and quite expensive still. Try a local advert, or check ebay.
    Last edited by RichardHK; 10-20-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Amazon check...
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

What was involved in your counseling course that you didn't enjoy? It's really cool how you've stuck at what you really love.
    Have you ever looked into Psychology?
    It was the actual practice of counseling that I grew to dislike. I really enjoyed working with people who wanted to make changes in their lives. Unfortunately, I came across too many people who didn't want to do the work and wanted me to wave the magic wand and miraculously cure them of all their dysfunctions.

I have looked into psychology and certain aspects of it does interest me. I sure the heck would not want to be a psychologist though for pretty much the same reason.

Some of the one's I was looking at were spread over about 5 months. I don't know what advantage/ disadvantage this has but it sounds rather awkward :S
    The advantage is that you would have more time to practice what you have learned and be able to come back to your instructor with the stuff that you have trouble with.

The disadvantage is that it takes 5 months and that is an investment of time.

What I'm primarily worried about taking this course is not being able to put in enough, myself. With intensive study in the coming months I'm worried I won't find the time. But perhaps this might work well? With something frequent like this, maybe it is the kind of thing one could slowly incorporate into that particular routine? Such as trying out something you learned and then being able to practice it everyday subconsciously, as you will be doing that particular thing nonetheless? If you get me? Or would NLP be something you need to put time into for a while before you can incorporate it... Not sure if my words are making much sense. I hope you can make some sense out of them!
    It may actually be able to help you with your other studies because you will learn more about how your mind works, how beliefs are formed and how to access information more easily. You can also learn about learning in a trance state etc. It may be beneficial. It certainly won't be detrimental nor will it take away from your other studies.

Thank you very much, M. You are very helpful
    Gosh. Thanks for the kind words.

M.

10. Default Re: NLP

Hi Marisa,
    Do you Know if there is a course of NLP by elearning?

Thankful,

Carlos Barreto

Thread Information