Thread: What is "MindBrite"?

Default What is "MindBrite"?

After updating my Procyon editor to 2.3.00, I notice that there is a little something called "MindBrite Setup" under the utilities menu.

I've tried to see what this does but cannot reach an answer. What is MindBrite? Has my dream of having a color organ player come true? Will this be like a three-color AudioStrobe?

Thanks,
    --Scott

Default Re: What is "MindBrite"?

Hi, Scott--

Looks like that feature leaked into a release unitentionally. We'll soon be posting 'mindbrite' to this forum--it's an alternative OS which has no sound and plays only one session, with parameters determined by the settings on that control panel. Basically, frequencies vary randomly within a specified range, one flash per frequency - something like a digital campfire, in color. Drop me an email and I can send you a copy ahead of posting, if you'd like... robert at mindplace.com.

3. Default Re: What is "MindBrite"?

What happened with Mindbrite?

MindBrite is a bit of an orphan... as I mentioned earlier, it produces a pseudorandom sampling of frequencies within a range you can specify, like 9-12 or 13-22 Hz. It is a variation of Tom Budzynski's "brain brightening" protocol, and I was enthusiastic to send him the first sample of a procyon with this firmware installed. It arrived the day after his unexpected and sudden death, which put the dampers on further development.

Scott created an alternative interface for it, which works for both Mac and Windows. I've uploaded both versions plus the instructions for the version included with Procyon Editor to dropbox; both versions function the same way. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fw0lztxy2...IpiqQHhFa?dl=0 Have fun with it!

5. Default Re: What is "MindBrite"?

@Robert, Is it possible to create a MindBrite for Kasina?

Hi, Neel-- there is a sort of MindBrite for Kasina but the customer and developer sell it at a higher price to therapists... so we won't be releasing this ourselves. The version for Procyon works quite well, though. :-)

-Robert

7. Default Re: What is "MindBrite"?

Thats Sad, I think the system you mention seems to be 2-3 times expensive compared to Kasina. Also seems a limited run product.

8. Default Is Orion hardware same as Procyon

Is Orion hardware same as Procyon? Can mindbrite firmware be loaded on Orion hardware?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is Orion hardware same as Procyon

Quote Originally Posted by Neel View Post
    Is Orion hardware same as Procyon? Can mindbrite firmware be loaded on Orion hardware?
    No, they are very different. MindBrite firmware is only available for the Procyon and in some cases, the Kasina.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information