Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Np3

1. Default Np3

I'm tempted to purchase Neuro-Programmer as it seems to be perhaps the most sensible way of writing spectrastrobe sessions.
    Coming from the Laxman, I had already started on a project that I want to convert and finish on the Kasina. It's basically creating a light show for my favorite ambient track - Steve Hillage:Four Ever Rainbow

So the track starts with the dorje being struck before the low frequecy sweep comes in, and so I want the lights to start perfectly with that. But for some reason the lights are falling behind the audio by a second or 2. I definitely have the first node set at the start of the track, and the dorje is actually about .6 seconds in.

I can't tell for sure if this is something caused by the "play on kasina" maybe not buffering properly. I can't export just yet as I'm in trial mode. Has anyone else noticed this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Np3

On NP3 and Mind Workstation, SpectraStrobe audio is delayed slightly to allow the Kasina to determine if the signal is AudioStrobe or SpectraStrobe. Then there is a delay introduced to account for the post filtering of the audio stream by the DLL in these programs.

On Mind Workstation, this delay is adjustable under Session Settings.

MWS SS Session Settings.png

On NP3, the settings are internal to the program and not user configurable.

Since you are learning a program, I would strongly advise that you choose Mind Workstation. It is more expensive yes but vastly more powerful. Creating interesting visual sessions in NP3 is much harder.

I will be releasing a huge amount of training resources for Mind Workstation very soon.

BTW, I like Steve Hillage too. Rainbow Dome Musick is a great album.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Np3

Thanks for that info.
    Unfortunately a new baby has put a hold on my funds. (I shouldn't say unfortunately there!), but I'll give the trial a blast and try to convince myself.
    Would the regular version suffice?

Blog Entries

Yes, the regular version covers most all bases until you start to get serious about incorporating biosensors. I of course suggest that everyone uses sensors but I understand there are often financial constraints. You can easily upgrade at a later time if you choose.

You can upgrade NP3 to MWS as well for the cost difference. You need to put a request into Transparent support to do so.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Scott, with NP3 can you avoid this delay by avoiding SpectraStrobe options and just use AudioStrobe. Thanks mate.

Blog Entries

Of course then you only have limited color control. The delay is a preprocessing delay and then the audio should sync perfectly after that. Or at least it does in Mind Workstation. They use the same basic DLL code so I am assuming that NP3 does the alignment as well. Anyway, it is certainly no show stopper.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobIreland View Post
    Unfortunately a new baby has put a hold on my funds.
    Just FYI, while the $CDN is so low compared to the $US, if you live in the USA you can save about 30% by purchasing any TC product from the Canadian site Ayrmetes.com.
    Sorry for the shameless plug! ;-)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Just FYI, while the $CDN is so low compared to the $US, if you live in the USA you can save about 30% by purchasing any TC product from the Canadian site Ayrmetes.com.
    Sorry for the shameless plug! ;-)
    Thanks Andy, jumping on that now.

Sweet ! just saved a bundle.

10. Default Re: Np3

Hmmm...Will this work for me in the UK?

Thread Information