Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

Quote Originally Posted by wmayhem View Post
    I have Windows 10 fully updated and reinstalled the latest NP3 version (same as you mention) and no luck. I'm getting the same .Net registry error.
    So, I guess 1511 is not the latest version of Win10. It won't update any further from Windows Updates, so I'll try and download an update and try again.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    So, I guess 1511 is not the latest version of Win10. It won't update any further from Windows Updates, so I'll try and download an update and try again.
    The April 2018 update to Windows 10 is version 1803.

I submitted a support ticket to Transparent Corp (TC) on June 5. I received no response as had been indicated by other TC software users.

I sent a message addressed to Adam Hewett yesterday via brain.fm using facebook, twitter, and brain.fm support. I received two responses from brain.fm reps indicating that my message would be passed to Adam. I specified that there are at least 43, yes forty three, other concerned users who have indicated that they are facing the same issue with TC software. I requested a response from Adam to pass along to everyone. I have not heard from Adam yet. I hope that he is looking into the problem.

Regards,
    Rob (Welsh)

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

@Renovatia,

I just wanted to let you know that I am just another concerned MWS user. I do not work for Microsoft. I'm posting on the Microsoft forum due to my involvement with this issue.

I don't expect technology updates to MWS and other Transparent Corp software products. However, I would expect it to continue to function. They are still selling the software licenses on their website now!

Regards,
    Rob

Blog Entries

I did get a short e-mail from Adam saying that there is a fix, but I have not received any further correspondence from him.

So... They do know there's a problem. I suggested he perhaps post something on their web site or fb page letting customers know that they are working on it.

If I hear any more, I will post here.

BTW, I updated to the latest Win10 and now I am getting that same error. I have seen hundreds of people complaining about this same error from the year 2012 and onwards, so it's a common error that can occur with all sorts of different pieces of software. To me, that makes me think it's an MS issue, especially since all was well until the Win10 update.

The real problem is that this common error has no consistent fix. The only real fixes I've seen (for this problem with other software) was updating .NET. So, if that's the case, then it's up to MS to come out with a fix.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

Transparent Corp is extremely protective of their intellectual property to such a point activating it is no mundane task.. Its fine if Transparent place an an over abundance of fail-safes on their software to prevent pirating, but to do such a thing will require them to have a great customer service to make the appropriate fixes,and if they can not maintain their software, Transparent may as well make all of their software OPEN SOURCE to the Mind place community..

Because one does not just Purchase Transparent software and simply cut it on.. Transparent wants control over their software so much so that if they decide to disappear, the paying Customers will be left holding the bag with worthless, Software that can not be unlocked.
    I want my software back..

6. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

So they are taking money for software that no longer works..? Does it at least work for the new customers..?

7. Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

I did get a short e-mail from Adam saying that there is a fix, but I have not received any further correspondence from him.

So... They do know there's a problem. I suggested he perhaps post something on their web site or fb page letting customers know that they are working on it.

If I hear any more, I will post here.

BTW, I updated to the latest Win10 and now I am getting that same error. I have seen hundreds of people complaining about this same error from the year 2012 and onwards, so it's a common error that can occur with all sorts of different pieces of software. To me, that makes me think it's an MS issue, especially since all was well until the Win10 update.

The real problem is that this common error has no consistent fix. The only real fixes I've seen (for this problem with other software) was updating .NET. So, if that's the case, then it's up to MS to come out with a fix.
    Andy..? Could you please keep nagging him for us..? Please..? We have no way of contacting him like you..
    Thanks.

Thanks for the update.

I will look forward to seeing a maintenance release of Mind Workstation or some other workaround in the near future.

Please keep us posted.

9. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by Renovartia View Post
    So they are taking money for software that no longer works..? Does it at least work for the new customers..?
    did you consider installing the .net version it requires?

NP3 and MWS work on my computer with Windows 10 version1709.

Do not use the new version 1803, and re-install version 1709
    Good luck

Thread Information