Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

I haven't tried installing MWS on a VM, but I have used my activation code over the years on half a dozen or more computers with no limitation issues... the problem is with Win 10, I think .net framework, and Adam told me that all of their software was based upon the same code-base, which included third party code no longer supported by those providers.

2. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

In my opinion, they sold perpetual licenses. They clearly stated you could use any purchased version indefinitely. The ongoing programs like TCN were for future updates.

Now they claim they no longer support or *license* the software. They are effectively retroactively removing licenses people purchased.

If transparentcorp is still in business, as I assume they are, just having moved on to greener pastures, they should be pressured to fix this. Adam Hewitt and co have to worry for the next few years that someone with a 'perpetual license' can't use the product he sold. When you sell a long term license, there is a commitment that it works at least as well as under the conditions originally delivered. Shutting down a license process, if that happened, deliberately impairs existing licensees. Like me, many infrequent users will pop up and find this problem.

We should retain the ability to run/install the software on operating systems and environments consistent with when we acquired it. That minimal legacy 'support' for existing customers isn't asking much. In fact, just keep the license server, key list, and download pages online...

I also have the issue that I have the original key (I don't think it changed, but I'm not sure their key server is live anyway), but saved only the original download, even though the software had been updated several times. I don't recall it changed much, but I would like to be able to get the latest version that I licensed, though it was my bad for assuming they were honorable and reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson74 View Post
    I ask myself this: we who have purchased software from TC we have no right??? If I buy a book ,after reading the put in a shelf of My Library to read it a second time ,even if the writer in the meantime died. Instead now that TC has closed every activity and support , I find myself with software that (i paid) ; and that now is practically unusable , because none , will provide more us , new activation keys

3. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by dan_hoog View Post
    In my opinion, they sold perpetual licenses. They clearly stated you could use any purchased version indefinitely. The ongoing programs like TCN were for future updates.

Now they claim they no longer support or *license* the software. They are effectively retroactively removing licenses people purchased.

If transparentcorp is still in business, as I assume they are, just having moved on to greener pastures, they should be pressured to fix this. Adam Hewitt and co have to worry for the next few years that someone with a 'perpetual license' can't use the product he sold. When you sell a long term license, there is a commitment that it works at least as well as under the conditions originally delivered. Shutting down a license process, if that happened, deliberately impairs existing licensees. Like me, many infrequent users will pop up and find this problem.

We should retain the ability to run/install the software on operating systems and environments consistent with when we acquired it. That minimal legacy 'support' for existing customers isn't asking much. In fact, just keep the license server, key list, and download pages online...

I also have the issue that I have the original key (I don't think it changed, but I'm not sure their key server is live anyway), but saved only the original download, even though the software had been updated several times. I don't recall it changed much, but I would like to be able to get the latest version that I licensed, though it was my bad for assuming they were honorable and reputable.

The GOOD members here in this Mind Place forum , have been very, very, patient with this entire matter, right down to learning, operating, and installing NEW (Virtual Machine) Software Applications for their FULLY PURCHASED Transparent Software to work. !!

I too purchased MWS PROFESSIONAL and attempted to install on my Virtual Machine software (Following Andy's Written advice via this forum in this posting) just to discover that the Site has been prematurely completely down..

In the past, I was able to reactive my FULLY PURCHASED ($700 plus Software) when upgrading to new computers also;

[ POST EDITED AT THE REQUEST OF ADMINISTRATOR ]

Look JoeV/ Adam Hewitt..
    The people here aren't asking for much, they just want the Software they PAID FOR working on their computers; We're are even making (time consuming) compromises to get this software to work.. THERE IS A SOLUTION, THERE IS A SOLUTION.

Have anyone here attempted to UNINSTALL this Software YET.. IT WONT EVEN Uninstall...! What Gives..? [ POST EDITED AT THE REQUEST OF ADMINISTRATOR ]

Something is SO not right.. Please Don't take advantage of Good people here.
    Last edited by Renovartia; 11-03-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Blog Entries

It's over. There is no more Transparent, and it looks like the software cannot be activated when installed on another machine or OS.

Time to move on and look to new solutions for creating AS/SS content.
    Personally, I've given up on my copy of MWS and NP3 and am investigating the possibility of creating a SS DAW plug-in which I think would be the fastest and easiest way forward. There probably is one for AS already; there's certainly plenty of AS creation software out there, so SS is the main issue, even though there are ways to create SS content using MuLab and Audacity, I'd like to see something that works with Reaper and other favourite DAW software.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It's over. There is no more Transparent, and it looks like the software cannot be activated when installed on another machine or OS.

Time to move on and look to new solutions for creating AS/SS content.
    Personally, I've given up on my copy of MWS and NP3 and am investigating the possibility of creating a SS DAW plug-in which I think would be the fastest and easiest way forward. There probably is one for AS already; there's certainly plenty of AS creation software out there, so SS is the main issue, even though there are ways to create SS content using MuLab and Audacity, I'd like to see something that works with Reaper and other favourite DAW software.
    I will never get over the fact that I paid for the software and I cant use it any more at list they should respond my email and give me accesses to my keys and program I get a virtual machine and use it there. I never will do business with than again

in the mean time

https://www.topbestalternatives.com/mind-workstation/ a list with 11 alternatives how ever none very good the hole biofeedback implemented with brainwave was a good idea now I hope someone come up with something better.

6. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Hi Robert Austin ,In the course of these past years I had , 2 computer crash , and moreover I changed 2 times the operating system .After having purchased: Neuro programr 2 , Brain Sound Studio ; AND BELOW : NP3, then MWS Pro and last Mind Stereo . After each computer crash or changing the operating system , the activation keys i received with the purchase of licenses do not work any more, and to every reinstallation of the software TC supplied me quickly the new keys . I register on my computer and on paper all the activation keys of any software that purchase ... I do not know how it worked for you or for other ......

7. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

I am yet another person who bought the $700 package who is upset.

OK. We got screwed. How about we Kickstarter something? All the alternatives for creating commercial content are sub par to what Transparent produced.

1. We could Kickstarter a replacement software solution. The science is not that hard.

2. We could Kickstarter a Hack. We bought it. Lets get someone to crack the security and allow us to keep using our software on either Windows 7 machines or Windows 7 Virtual Machines.

Thoughts?

8. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

In the meantime...

I suggest a group effort to preserve everything we can. Downloaded install files of various revision levels. Archived materials from the Members Area. Etc.

We bought licenses that last forever. I do not see any legal jeopardy in us working together to archive the paid for material and even crack the security. We would only enter legal jeopardy if we started selling it (the software, not our content) or giving it away.

If there is interest I will donate a domain for depositing the files. We can even member lock it to prevent mass distribution.

Lets preserve what we have the legal right to. Then figure the next step. I am not ready to lose access to this tech. Its too damn useful and nothing on the market compares.

This is a great Idea just post the link to the to the domain and I will put there all my material I have gathered inklusive licence key.Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by kiadragon View Post
    In the meantime...

I suggest a group effort to preserve everything we can. Downloaded install files of various revision levels. Archived materials from the Members Area. Etc.

We bought licenses that last forever. I do not see any legal jeopardy in us working together to archive the paid for material and even crack the security. We would only enter legal jeopardy if we started selling it (the software, not our content) or giving it away.

If there is interest I will donate a domain for depositing the files. We can even member lock it to prevent mass distribution.

Lets preserve what we have the legal right to. Then figure the next step. I am not ready to lose access to this tech. Its too damn useful and nothing on the market compares.

10. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Purchased the domain name yesterday. My server guys are setting up the site on my server.

Selecting a WordPress CMS and installing Friday. Will keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    This is a great Idea just post the link to the to the domain and I will put there all my material I have gathered inklusive licence key.Thank you

Thread Information