Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color organ feature wanted

1. Exclamation Color organ feature wanted

Wow, I think the Procyon should take a tip from the Sirius! Just plug in your mp3player and go! I know this is a little different, but I love it. when the Procyon was described as MP3 synchronous, this is exactly what I imagined. Just plug and play. Or an automatic mp3 scanning software that creates a session that matches and is somehow attached to the mp3... and a Manual mode would be great! It wouldn't have to be too complicated, just make a "during play" mode for either each color or each aspect(freq, pitch, etc). I don't know, but I am highly disappointed by the Procyon so far, I'd rather stick to the Sirius and the Proteus. ( I also posted on the Synchromuse sticky...)
    Last edited by Andy; 11-08-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Color organ feature wanted

Quote Originally Posted by MrOwXliVeD View Post
    Wow, I think the Procyon should take a tip from the Sirius! Just plug in your mp3player and go! I know this is a little different, but I love it. when the Procyon was described as MP3 synchronous, this is exactly what I imagined. Just plug and play. Or an automatic mp3 scanning software that creates a session that matches and is somehow attached to the mp3... and a Manual mode would be great! It wouldn't have to be too complicated, just make a "during play" mode for either each color or each aspect(freq, pitch, etc). I don't know, but I am highly disappointed by the Procyon so far, I'd rather stick to the Sirius and the Proteus. ( I also posted on the Synchromuse sticky...)
    Don't forget that the Procyon is an advanced AVS device, designed for brain entrainment, and secondarily as an entertainment device. "Color organ" features where lights flash to the music can definitely be entertaining, but would have no AVS function. Typically, people purchasing the Proteus and Procyon are looking for an advanced AVS product primarily.

However, if enough people really want to see a color organ mode on the Procyon, that certainly could be added to the list for the next version of the Procyon.

I'm curious, though... It sounds as though you already own the Sirius and Proteus. If that is the case, why don't you continue using the Sirius for the color organ feature?

What is it that you don't like about the Procyon?

3. Default Re: Color organ feature wanted

Well, I understand the idea of entrainment and the Procyon is excellent for that! I don't own any of the products personally, I actually work for Ger Martin, one of your new dealers, and have used all four devices since they've arrived. The only thing that really irritates me about the Procyon is that it is said to be MP3 synchronous in the description, and really it is not. You have to build each session to match an MP3, and there are few directions on how to do that... Most of them talk about .wav format anyway... Am I confused or wrong?

Blog Entries

The only thing that really irritates me about the Procyon is that it is said to be MP3 synchronous in the description, and really it is not.
    Could you let me know where you read this as it doesn't sound like anything from our literature...

(I'm not even sure I know what the meaning of the phrase "MP3 synchronous" would be)

5. Default Precisely synchronize MP3 with Procyon?

Well, I read this again and again, and I think I might just be misunderstanding what it means:

"The most advanced system available on the market today. We?ve also added a unique new capability: the ability to precisely synchronize audio material on compact disc or MP3 with a Procyon program." -- Main MindPlace.com description of the Procyon.

This description is obviously pointing toward SynchroMuse, as it is said in the next line. I think an automatically precise light show with any audio is pretty advanced, especially on the user end. On the other hand, I think I'm beginning to realize SynchroMuse is not all I thought it could be. . In my opinion, the main description of the Procyon is a little misleading. I may be alone in this.

So I'm going to have to build a session piece by piece per MP3 that I wish to precisely synchronize with the Procyon program? Can I at least put the MP3 I've created with SynchroMuse on my MP3 player and use it on-the-go, or do I have to be attached to the computer?

6. Default Re: Color organ feature wanted

Where did the title "Color organ feature wanted" come from anyway? I mean I get it, but that was not the title I chose. Just curious...

Blog Entries

Where did the title "Color organ feature wanted" come from anyway? I mean I get it, but that was not the title I chose. Just curious...
    I changed the title for clarity.
    It seemed that you were looking to have the Procyon flash lights in time with the music, which is what a color organ does. If that's not what you're looking for, then please clarify.

-Andy.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Precisely synchronize MP3 with Procyon?

the ability to precisely synchronize audio material on compact disc or MP3 with a Procyon program."
    "ability" does not equal "automatic". I think the description is accurate, no?

e.g. when a product is described as "audiostrobe capable" it doesn't imply that it automatically creates audiostrobe signals from a music file...

On the other hand, I think I'm beginning to realize SynchroMuse is not all I thought it could be..
    I'm not sure what you expected? How can any program create entrainment signals for a particular piece of music? You would need to choose what sort of entrainment signals you want to go along with a piece of music.

But, to do it without any programming, you can simply play an MP3 or CD into the Procyon, and pick a particular built-in program to go along with it. That's might be an easy way to get what you're looking for...

So I'm going to have to build a session piece by piece per MP3 that I wish to precisely synchronize with the Procyon program? Can I at least put the MP3 I've created with SynchroMuse on my MP3 player and use it on-the-go, or do I have to be attached to the computer?
    The mp3 (or wav file, which would be simpler) can be put on your MP3 player or used on your computer, whatever you wish.

Craig wrote a great Synchromuse tutorial:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=791

The software and Mindplace Tutorial is part of that sticky.

If you decide you want to give it a try and run into any problems, please do reply to his sticky or start a new thread.

-Andy.

9. Default Re: Color organ feature wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I changed the title for clarity.
    It seemed that you were looking to have the Procyon flash lights in time with the music, which is what a color organ does. If that's not what you're looking for, then please clarify.

-Andy.

I used to use the colour organ feature on my previous mind machine.

It was quite fun and gave some good effects, it would be nice to see it included again sometime if possible

10. Smile Re: Color organ feature wanted

Thank you Andy,

I realize now where I was confused. I have had some time to use the various AVS devices and have found the true difference/similarity between the various features. I guess my imagination got a little carried away, but I do suppose that with enough effort one could program a synchromuse file to not necessarily directly mimic the rhythm of the selected song, but more importantly, select brief entrainment patterns that line up with different parts of the song as to make sensible changes to match the music. It'd be alot of work but with the appropriate song, this would be much better than a light organ. I just wish there was a comprehensive program to visually build such files, or perhaps an "automatic entrainment to music" software that would, in theory, automatically build a session to match a song based on a few selections made by the user and color-by-notes-type session piece selector. This type of program would be a wonderful tool, but I'm a dreamer

But, yes, a full color light organ would be nice too.

Again, Thanks so much.

Thread Information