Thread: Using AVS in weakened state, i.e. during sickness

1. Exclamation Using AVS in weakened state, i.e. during sickness

When body is weakened during ilness, such as common cold, temperature is high, head also feels dizzy, and it is very hard to focus the mind. Usually it is recommended to spend time "off your feet" and relax to recover quicker.
    I've been wondering what the seasoned users of the AVS think, would usage of AVS be beneficial to relaxation and recovery, or is it better not to interfere with body/mind functions as the immune system fights against the virus/bacteria, especially if head is dizzy and AV stimulation would only make it spin even more and worsen the condition?

Default Re: Using AVS in weakened state, i.e. during sickness

Hi,

Alpha/Theta has been demonstrated to aid in healing and is reported to increase T-cell production - essential to effective immune system function.

Relax Before Exams, Rejuvenation 15 and Regeneration 35 (Procyon) specifically target this range, and the Creative Visualisation sessions, predominantly theta, also include alpha.

As for it making you feel better or worse - up to you, it's unlikely to be doing any harm.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Default Re: Using AVS in weakened state, i.e. during sickness

Great answer Craig, much thanks - especially for precise sessions recommendation

Blog Entries

Default Re: Using AVS in weakened state, i.e. during sickness

Quote Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
    When body is weakened during illness, such as common cold, temperature is high, head also feels dizzy, and it is very hard to focus the mind. Usually it is recommended to spend time "off your feet" and relax to recover quicker.
    I've been wondering what the seasoned users of the AVS think, would usage of AVS be beneficial to relaxation and recovery, or is it better not to interfere with body/mind functions as the immune system fights against the virus/bacteria, especially if head is dizzy and AV stimulation would only make it spin even more and worsen the condition?
    If you are feeling dizzy, I wouldn't recommend using the machine because I don't think your brain is in the most receptive state and the lights may even make you feel nauseous. I guess, if you wanted to, you could try the machine but stop the session if you begin to feel worse. In some cases, the machine helps stop the dizziness - go figure. Every brain is unique.

When I'm not feeling well, I really like Programs 14, 35 and 36 on the Procyon; Programs 8 or 10 on the Proteus. You may also enjoy or benefit from them.

As you probably already know - nutrition and rest are really important in recovery as well.

Hope this helps. Get well soon.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Thumbs up Re: Using AVS in weakened state, i.e. during sickness

Thanks Marisa, i've recovered already, and thanks for your input as well =).

I wanted to add to this topic - if you are using AVS while you have a cold, make sure you cover yourself with something warm like a blanket - i had a bad episode where i fell asleep during a session and woke up because i felt cold and my condition worsened a bit.
    After that, was always using blanket =), with mostly sessions 16 and 17 (Procyon user here) with some background music, in the semi-concious sick condition almost always fell asleep during those sessions. I feel that i got more sleep and rest that way, and recovered sooner in the end.

Thread Information