Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new Procyon user

1. Default Another new Procyon user

Hi.

I would like to receive some good advise if possible.

I'm an introvert person and for this I passed a very unhappy adoloscence (troubles with family, with school, with friends, with girls etc...). Now I am adult but unluckily I have not solved my problems with shyness.

Since I am having problem with work and with every kind of social relations (I do not succeed to look the people in the eyes and I give annoyance to me if I am observed overall by unknown people).

For sure I have to work with my self-esteem and to work to renforce my determination since this state is carrying to me to the depression.

I have already suffered from depression some time ago and I have cured it with both drugs and psycotherapy but it is ready to return...

I took Cipralex for about six months without success (and this drug added impotence, insomnia, sleepiness and nervousness during the day) so I recently started to hear some MP3s with binaural audio tracks (Holothink) that have made me to try relaxation and so I think to continue to hear them.

But I think that I have to try somethink more powerful and for this I bought a Procyon System. I have not used it yet since I would like to know some advise about what program use to alleviate my unhappy state (something to combat anxiety, depression and, if possible, shyness). I have not registered it yet...

I am aware of the fact that Procyon or other similar products are not miraculous, but I have confidence in the power of the technology and with all recent serious studies made about the brain and the sound and light effects. This and my serious engagement for a changement in my life should work at last.

So, please advise me. Every suggestion will be precious.

Thank you.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Another new Procyon user

Hi PU70,

Quote Originally Posted by ProcyonUser70 View Post
    Hi.

I would like to receive some good advise if possible.

I'm an introvert person and for this I passed a very unhappy adolescence (troubles with family, with school, with friends, with girls etc...). Now I am adult but unluckily I have not solved my problems with shyness.

Since I am having problem with work and with every kind of social relations (I do not succeed to look the people in the eyes and I give annoyance to me if I am observed overall by unknown people).

For sure I have to work with my self-esteem and to work to reinforce my determination since this state is carrying to me to the depression.

I have already suffered from depression some time ago and I have cured it with both drugs and psychotherapy but it is ready to return...
    So ... you're saying that you would like to be more social and even develop some relationships with people and what is stopping you is that you are afraid of ...?

Depression can be treated pharmaceutically however, unless you learn how to change how you think about yourself and the world, it will keep coming back. The good news is that you can do something about it and it appears that you are fed up with the situation - and that is good, because in order to make any changes, the first thing is that you have to want to.

I took Cipralex for about six months without success (and this drug added impotence, insomnia, sleepiness and nervousness during the day) so I recently started to hear some MP3s with binaural audio tracks (Holothink) that have made me to try relaxation and so I think to continue to hear them.

But I think that I have to try some think more powerful and for this I bought a Procyon System. I have not used it yet since I would like to know some advise about what program use to alleviate my unhappy state (something to combat anxiety, depression and, if possible, shyness). I have not registered it yet...
    You may want to consider a different brand of antidepressant and use this in addition to the Procyon. The programs that you want to use on the Procyon are Alpha based programs. You could try any of the programs in the "Creative Visualization" section P40 - 45. I also wrote an Alpha program which you can download onto your Procyon. You'll find this program under "sessions" in the forum.

I think it would be helpful for you to learn some more things about your mind and brain so that you can direct yourself to a better state. There is a book called, "Get the Life You Want" by Richard Bandler, that has some excellent information and methods for change. Anthony Robbins also has some good books and tapes/cds on the subject. You could listen to the cds or, if you have a kindle, listen to the Kindle while you have a session on your Procyon.

I am aware of the fact that Procyon or other similar products are not miraculous, but I have confidence in the power of the technology and with all recent serious studies made about the brain and the sound and light effects. This and my serious engagement for a changement in my life should work at last.
    You are right. The Procyon won't cure the problem but it is a helpful tool. Other things you may want to look at are diet since what happens within your body affects your mind. Exercise is important - so if you are not exercising ... now is a good time to start.

Your thoughts affect your brain chemistry so it's important to recognize negative thoughts and work to change them. It may seem like a difficult task at first but it does get easier with practice. Your brain has spent many years thinking one way and now you want it to think a different way, it's not use to thinking a different way so you will have to consciously remind it. For example, a negative thought comes to mind - you recognize the thought and before you let it blossom - you tell yourself - NO, STOP, REVERSE - and then tell yourself what you want to think.

What you tell yourself is what you want and state it in positive language.

Incorrect: I don't want to be depressed
    Correct: I want to be happy and enjoy life.

See the difference in these statements? Can you feel the difference in your mind when you say them?

One thing I've noticed when talking to people with depression is that much of their thoughts are focused on themselves. How people who are not depressed think differently is that they think about other things then themselves.

People who are successful socially, think about the person they wish to talk to. They think about what the best approach would be or what to say and they do not think about how that person will perceive them. Being social is about others, not the self. While introspection can be a useful thing, it is useful at the right time and social situations are not the right time.

A technique that has been very helpful to me in social situations is to ask the person I am with or want to talk to, questions about themselves. People love to talk about themselves and questions like: "What do you like to do in your spare time?" or "Do you have any pets or kids?" are great conversation starters. A wise woman once told me that if you treat the person you are talking to as if they are the most interesting person in the world, you will always come away from that meeting a winner. In order to do this, you think about the other person and forget about yourself.

Please let me know how the suggested Procyon program works for you and please feel free to continue to discuss your thoughts and feelings here.

You are on the right track and you are not alone.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Another new Procyon user

Hi Marisa and thanks for your kind reply.

Wow... I found a lot of interesting things in your message

I have just registered my Procyon, I have not seen that the serial number was in the battery slot...

Yesterday I have only checked if the machine works using the program n. 15: few or null effect but probably this because the new thing of glasses and light that influenced my attention.

Today I will tray the programs that you advised and I will tell you. I will tray your program, too: it must be useful seing your skill

About R.Bandler I think that it's a genius: I'm just ended to read another book ("Conversations" by Bandler/Fitzpatrick) about NLP and I'm finding a lot of interesting and useful infos in it. Bandler is great when explain the importance of brain chemistry and the ability to control it in every situation.

However I also will buy "Get the Life You Want" as soon as possible, thanks for the tip

Overall many thanks for your brillant message that reinforce my motivation.

4. Default Re: Another new Procyon user

I am using my Procyon few time since I prefer to complete the HoloThink program that I started first to buy my S&L machine. The major difference I noted is, a part the lacking of musical backround or Sound fx, that the binaural sounds are more strong.

I've tried the programs n. 40-43 with satisfaction and I would like to know when I will note the benefit of the thing. I understand that my brain must first accomodate with the new stimul of the flickering light (until now I only heard some binaural audio CDs and the HoloThink program 'Deep Zen Med.').

Hi ProcyonUser70,

I think Marisa offered some very valuable information in her post above. I would only add that you should keep in mind that change is not always a quick process, but sometimes can happen slowly over time. I say this so that you do not feel discouraged if you do not see immediate results. If you do see results quickly, that's great, but if you don't, do not give up, sometimes it can take time.

I myself do not yet have an AVS device, I am scouring these forums trying to decide which of the three models I might like best. I hope you're loving your Procyon...from all that I've read, it's a pretty amazing machine.

Wishing you the best,
    Al

Blog Entries

I've tried the programs n. 40-43 with satisfaction and I would like to know when I will note the benefit of the thing. I understand that my brain must first accommodate with the new stimuli of the flickering light (until now I only heard some binaural audio CDs and the HoloThink program 'Deep Zen Med.').
    An AVS program works like a sign post- it endeavors to coax your brain to go in a certain direction - it's not guaranteed that your brain will pay attention to the sign or that it will remain in the desired state. Other factors come into consideration here. Your brain may achieve an alpha state momentarily or it may remain in that state until the end of the session or it could last for several hours after the session. If you feel relaxed during the session, then you are achieving something.

Think of it like this. You know how some songs can make you feel like dancing or make you remember a time when you felt a certain way? Once the song is over, sometimes you go back to what you were doing before you heard the song and sometimes the mood that the song inspired continues. AVS is kind of like that.

In order to achieve a more lasting effect, it is very likely that you will also need to change the way you think. I've mentioned this in my previous post. The reason that I am repeating myself on this is because what you think affects your brain waves and physiology. I don't know if you are using the machine along with therapy to help you learn how to change your thinking. If not, then it may be helpful for you to either see an NLP practitioner or better yet take the NLP Practitioner's course yourself so that you can arm yourself with enough knowledge and skills to make these changes more permanent.

The machine will always be useful but please remember the machine is not the cure.

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forum Al1432,

Thank you for posting your thoughts. It's always nice to know that there are other people out there who care enough to reach out and support a fellow human being on their journey.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Al1432
    You're welcome, Marisa, and hi everybody

I just want to repeat to ProcyonUser70 my earlier point, that perseverance is very important when trying to bring good into one's life, as well as the desire not to be discouraged if things don't happen too quickly. I can say, from my own experiences with meditation and relaxation techniques, that sometimes it doesn't seem like anything much at all is happening overall, after the feeling from that session wears off, because deep changes can occur slowly and incrementally, until finally one day one begins to feel an effect. I can only speak for myself, but this has been my experience. I do believe it takes time for our brains to learn new ways of being and of experiencing our world, and like any learning process, this can take time. One might liken it to learning to play piano, or any instrument...practice, practice, practice...and the more one does practice, the deeper the neuronal pathways become that bring the desired effect. So, just keep practicing, don't expect miracles, and don't become disillusioned...deep change often takes time.

9. Default Re: Another new Procyon user

Yes, Marisa is giving nice advises :-)
    I understand that the process is slow and I will encounter more obstacles to my process of healing.
    Thanks for your post AL1432, too.
    I would like to know if AudioStrobe CDs are useful with Procyon and if they can help in the healing process or if they are only intended for entertainment purpose. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Yes, Marisa is giving nice advises :-)
    I understand that the process is slow and I will encounter more obstacles to my process of healing.
    Thanks for your post AL1432, too.
    I would like to know if AudioStrobe CDs are useful with Procyon and if they can help in the healing process or if they are only intended for entertainment purpose. Thank you.
    Thanks for the kind words.

The audiostrobe is helpful in relaxing which is always a good thing.

M.

Thread Information