Thread: New Procyon user - AS questions

1. Lightbulb New Procyon user - AS questions

Hi folks, after doing some research on mind machines, particularily on this forum , pondering between choosing MindSpa, Laxman or Procyon system, and making a decision, i am now a proud owner of Procyon AVS, and Laxman goggles.

I like the device so far, and tried out a few sessions in the last pair of days. However, it seems i didn't do my research good enough on the AS part of Procyon, just read that it supports Audiostrobe and went with it. Can someone please answer the following questions?

From what i read on forum i see that Ganzframe glasses that come with Procyon are not very good for AS, because they cannot show only left/right leds for different AS channels and i need to buy monocolor glasses to enjoy AS?

Also, the AS on my device just doesn't seem to work! I tried turning on AS mode on the device, connecting Aux audio cable from computer (and mp3 player with Flac AS enabled tracks) to Procyon, i can hear the sound in the headphones but the glasses stay off, not even a flicker. Tried putting volume/ brightness higher but to no avail. Have i missed some steps?

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Procyon user - AS questions

Hello and welcome!

I don't know if I agree that left/right control is required for audiostrobe, I think most use it with the supplied lightframes without any issues.

Regarding getting the AS working with your MP3 player - If you're running the Procyon in Digital AS mode, then you likely don't have the volume level up high enough on your mp3 player to activate the lights.

You can either use the Analog AS mode (http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ghlight=volume) or, using the editor, I think you can increase the gain for the digital mode. (Utilities/Set audiostrobe colors and balance)

If you're thinking of working with monocolor glasses, you'll need to purchase the ganzframe adapter to allow 2-channel operation from the 3-channel Procyon.

Let me know how it goes!

-Andy.

Hi New Member,

Regarding AS and the Procyon. I am a bit of an AudioStrobe freak, having most of the soundtracks. Everyday I use the Procyon with about 98% of use being AS.

I purchased monocolor Ganzframe glasses a couple of weeks ago. Thought I might be missing something because RGB glasses did not have independent R/L. After using these glasses for a few days with several different soundtracks my experience was that I liked much better how the Procyon glasses display AS. The colors are brighter, pattern definition greater and entrainment as good or better than monocolored glasses.

Well thats my two cents worth. Enjoy the Procyon it's a good machine! The technical people in this Forum will help you to get the AS working in no time.

Happy Adventures

4. Thumbs up Re: New Procyon user - AS questions

Thanks for the welcome Andy,

I got the AS to work after some tweaking and sound volume increase. Tried using it with both Laxman and colored Ganzframe glasses - i see there is merit in both, but for the session i preferred closed eyes option and went on with Ganzframes - and it really changed my state of awareness, stronger than the inbuilt sessions i tried actually ( so far tried 16, 21, 26 sessions for relaxation). I think it's the music that draws you in additionally to the visuals, very interesting experience. I think i need to try using some music background for sessions too, might help the immersion.

Also, thanks for your input Charles,
    I think i will use AudioStrobe a lot too for relaxation from now on, and go on with RGB glasses , will try Laxman goggles for longer period later on too.
    But do you also use Procyon sessions for Concentration/ Visualisation purposes, or AS-only for relaxation?

Planeswalker,

Where did you manage to buy the Laxman goggles from and for how much?

Visuals are a personal thing so you need to try and see for yourself. Personally I prefer mono-coloured red glasses for most of my AS CD's because I get more vivid patterns. Nothing wrong with the stock Procyon glasses. With them the AS is still very nice.

Cheers,
    TomC

6. Default Re: New Procyon user - AS questions

I might experiment with mono colored later, so far i am covered for a few months at least i think.

Got Laxman glasses from their manufacturer site, PMed you the link because im not sure about the policy of posting other product links on this forum. They cost me 79 ? there + rather costly shipping.

Hi,

Yes I do use the factory sessions. I like the Tranquility, Night Voyage sessions for Meditation. The Visualization sessions for me are very good for that.

Will be taking some courses at a college in a few months and will give the Learning sessions a try then.

There is so much to experience with the Procyon. Such a variety of uses, it's great fun exploring the possibilities.

Enjoy

Thread Information