Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inverted LFO

Default inverted LFO

hi I fond out while on pc mode that my LFO 1 and 2 are invered (at least on the lightframe) so all my programs (and maybe the proteus sessions) are revers.
    I don't know if the problam is in my usb to sirial cabel, lightframe, or the proteus.
    I reload the os and change port but that didn't help. any ideas? any way I can straight it up with the auditor?
    thanks Etai

Blog Entries

Default Re: inverted LFO

Sorry for the delay in replying!

You're quite right, it seems that what's shown as "green" on the latest editor is actually "red" with the newest lightframes!

We'll see what we can do to fix that.

-Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigf View Post
    hi I fond out while on pc mode that my LFO 1 and 2 are invered (at least on the lightframe) so all my programs (and maybe the proteus sessions) are revers.
    I don't know if the problam is in my usb to sirial cabel, lightframe, or the proteus.
    I reload the os and change port but that didn't help. any ideas? any way I can straight it up with the auditor?
    thanks Etai

thanks for the reply. I fixed the problem with short mini jack extension (m/f) where I replace L/R and plug the lightframe to it, simple and works, by the way the visual effects got much better since

Hello Thebigf and Andy

Please could you explain, is there a problem with the new editor 2.51 thus only effecting the procedures we write ourselves, or is there a problem in the standard procedures?
    Since you swapped the lightframe output over to fix the problem, could one also use the earphones on the wrong ears to do a quick fix?
    agodney

Lightbulb Re: inverted LFO -and solution

Hi. The way to check this out is to transfer a segment in pc mode, then take ch' 1 (red) brightness to 0. If all is good you should have only the green LED on. If only your red LED blinks, your LFO's are inverted, so any program you transfer with the editor 2.5.1 will be that way (yes proteus complex sessions as well).
    If you can get or make a mini jack cable (male/female) with reverse wires you can plug it to your aux and transfer your programs again. I can't check the sound bit but my guess is it will be the same. Transfering your programs with straightening cable will get it right. I hope the bug will be fixed soon.
    Last edited by thebigf; 01-07-2007 at 03:00 AM.

Hi There
    Thank you for the information. I hope that an upgrade will fix the problem long term.

Regards agodney

Blog Entries

I have discovered that the problem is in a batch of the new style lightframes. This has supposedly been rectified (meaning only a select few were wired in reverse), but we are working on a long-term solution for people with backwards lightframes and will advise.
    The headphones should still be correct, as will the older-style lightframes with the protruding LEDs.

Hello Andy

I have written a small session to test my lightframe and the wires are crossed, the red leds flash when the green ones should and visa-versa.
    There are two small plastic covers on each side of the frame where the cable goes through the frame, these are secured by two screws. Under the inside cover the screened wires are clearly visible where they are soldered to the printed circuit. I am a technician and I have a high quality temperature controlled soldering iron, I feel that it is possible to swap the red and green wires. Although the print circuit is on a plastic film. It may be necessary to un-solder all four legs, twist the cable and re-solder the wires back in place and replace the plastic covers. I would appreciate it if you could ask the technical section if this is a good idea or not. If the plastic circuit board could melt or the circuit track lift, then I would rather not touch it. You mentioned that there may be a software answer to this, if so is this available? Or could you replace the lightframe? What is the best way to fix this problem?
    Thank you for your time and assistance. Allan

Hello Andy

Sorry I forgot to ask about the solder used, is it Lead/tin/rosin, or have you used the new no lead solder?

Thanks Allan

Blog Entries

Give it a try - just be very careful (pretend your doing some smt soldering)...
    The solder is the normal 63/37 rosin core, AFAIK.
    If by chance you damage the LF, let me know and we can arrange an exchange of them for properly-wired ones.

Thread Information