Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procyon Adapter and Audiostrobe

Default Re: Procyon Adapter and Audiostrobe

Here is a great link to a thread reviewing monocolor glasses.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...80&postcount=6

Have recently experienced the mono color glasses (White glasses and Blue glasses). Have found that I like the experience of using the RGB glasses much better than the mono. The colors are brighter. The patterns much better defined. Plus the entrainment is better than when using the mono color glasses.

Charles,

Just my opinion but I think that the mono-colour (particulaly the red and white ones) give the best patterns when using commercial AudioStrobe CD's (or MP3 downloads). I think this is because AudioStrobe was originally developed with left/right channeled, mono-coloured glasses (red led's at the time).

Of course they also work great with the Sirius sessions since these sessions were built for left/right mono-coloured glasses.

Personally, I would not use mono-coloured glasses with any Procyon (or Proteus) session since they are designed for multi-coloured glasses. So, I would agree that entrainment with mono-coloured glasses is not likely to be as effective with these sessions. If you are using NP2, you probable would not find too much difference.

Also, in my opinion the blue mono-coloured glasses are not very bright and give fuzzy patterns. I'm not sure why, but I think that the blue led's do not have as fast an on/off response rate as the red ones (which seem best to me). Again, maybe it's just me.

I think if you try your white mono glasses with some good AS tracks (ones in the sampler CD are pretty good) you will see the difference. You may need to play with the Procyon Analogue/Digital settings to find what works best for you.

Cheers,
    TomC

It's interesting to read how different people respond to different colours/glasses, etc.

I've had a few really complicated conversations with people who have used various combinations and I have had to accept that people simply do not see the same things.

My own perception can be changed to produce anything from big ripples, through kaleidoscopes, through to almost pointilist. Red and white are certainly the most likely to porduce dramatic imagery, but they lack the subtlety and fine detail that often be found in blue/green. The type of imagery also depends enormously on the source, the brightness setting, AS threshold, and AS output levels.

This variation is part of the joy for me - the same session can be enjoyed a zillion different ways, just by tweaking a few settings, using a different machine or different glasses.

My favourite at the moment is theta/delta sessions using AS with the Procyon set to blue/green. Not very dramatic, but absolutely beautiful.

I also enjoy setting the brightness so low that all the colour disappears and it becomes a world of shimmering greys.

So much fun to be had!

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information