Thread: Yellow USB LED

Default Yellow USB LED

Hi Forum,

I have recently had to replace my unit and received it a few days ago. I was trying to reload the sessions I had on my original unit but have found that each time I connect the USB the unit fails to connect.

I get the following when opening any com port (i've tried all 4 USB and get the same);

Port 3 (green LED) with 19200 which changes to
    Port 3 (yellow LED) with 115200 which changes to
    Port 3 (yellow LED) with 19200 which changes to
    Port 3 (red LED) with 19200 followed by message;
    "the procyon unit is not responding, please check unit/usb connection"

I have the unit on dL1 and i've tried all the others just in case and I get the same thing each time.

Has anyone experienced this before please and what did you do?

Thanks,

Maz

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yellow USB LED

Hi Maz;

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting to your Procyon. I assume you were successful previously?

Please try the following:
    Try the other port #s
    Try another USB port
    Try re-installing the drivers

You do not need to change the mode of the console. The software will change it to the appropriate mode (PC or dL1)

It's also possible that you had a Rev1 Procyon previously and now have a Rev2. The Rev2 uses a different driver which you will need to download and install from the mindplacesupport web site.

-Andy.

Hi Andy

Thanks for replying...

I've tried the first 2 options and will try the 3rd.

The previous unit was updated by me to Rev 2 and I downloaded the relevant software from your website. Everything was working well and I managed to connect and download/archive etc.

I would have thought that the replacement unit would have the latest software but will get back to you anyway with what happens.

Many thanks,

Maz

Blog Entries

Hey Maz;

I think we're confusing terms here. There are 2 hardware versions of the Procyon. Rev1 and Rev2. You can tell which "type" you have by the number that flashes on the LED display when powering up. If it flashes 1.x.x (where x is some number) then it's a Rev1. If it flashes 2.x.x then it's a Rev2.
    The Rev1 and Rev2 use different firmware (OS file) as the hardware inside them is different. They also use different drivers (Windows driver) to communicate.

From time to time, the OS for the consoles is updated with newer features, bug fixes and so on. There's no need to update the OS unless you are having problems with the console or you are interested in one of the new features that comes with the new OS.

As of now, the latest Rev1 OS is 1.7.6, and the latest Rev2 OS is 2.1.4.

These numbers are not really related to the Editor version (which is 2.2.05 and works with both types of Procyon) or the drivers which come from the chip manufacturers.

I expect you have the latest OS in your replacement Procyon (2.1.4), but there's a problem with the driver install, so try uninstalling and re-installing.

It can all be quite confusing, of course so let me know if you get stuck.

-Andy.

Andy,

Many thanks for clarifying this for me. Everything is now working well.

I downloaded and reinstalled the driver and it's working perfectly and I've uploaded my album.

Regards,

Maz

Thread Information