Thread: Red/Emerald, Red/Sapphire glasses for Sirius?

1. Default Red/Emerald, Red/Sapphire glasses for Sirius?

Hi,

I'm getting my Sirius soon. I was wondering if the Red/Emerald and Red/Sapphire glasses (Ganzframes) sold by MindPlace can be used with the Sirius. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Default Re: Red/Emerald, Red/Sapphire glasses for Sirius?

Yup, both work and they're both good.

Red/green is pretty much the Audiostrobe standard, and gives a good, bright general purpose display. I use red/blue a lot - I've set my Procyon to do red/blue AS - as I find it gives the best contrast and results in some very interesting after images.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Default Re: Red/Emerald, Red/Sapphire glasses for Sirius?

Might try that myself on my procyon, audiostrobe red left channel blue right channel?

I noticed it might be possible also to put both the blue and green on the right channel - wondering whether that detracts from the experience or enhance it?

Thanks
    Last edited by craighome; 09-10-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi Tepidarium,

Quote Originally Posted by Tepidarium View Post
    Hi,

I'm getting my Sirius soon. I was wondering if the Red/Emerald and Red/Sapphire glasses (Ganzframes) sold by MindPlace can be used with the Sirius. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
    Your Sirius is only capable of processing one channel (color of LEDs) so I do not believe that the Ruby/Emerald will work. It may work but the R/E LFs will always be on - you will not get a fluctuation between the colors like you would on the Proteus or Procyon.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Not so, Marisa. The Sirius has two channel control, with both its internal sessions and AudioStrobe. With the monocolor glasses you get left frame/right frame flashing, with bicolor glasses you get alternating colors. It gives just the same results as a Proteus.

Cheers,
    Craig

Yes, all the mindplace mono and bi-colour glasses work fine with my Sirius. Personally, I like the red mono-coloured ones best, but the stock white ones are also very good.

In my opinion, with the Sirius, the bi-coloured ones (red/green, red/blue, I have both) are only good for some AudioStrobe CD's and are handy if you get and program sessions with NP2 pro where you can vary the AS signals to utalise the bi-colour effects. I probably only use bi-coloured glasses less than 10% of the time, and my favorite ones are red/green. Just my personal preference but I find the blue lights a bit too soft/blurry for me. Also, I use my Siruis to help get to sleep sometimes and the blue lights are not good for this since blue can apparently effect your body clock settings.

I think you may want to just live with your stock Sirius white glasses to start with. If you want to go further I'd recommend getting NP2 pro (you can get a free 2 week trial). Later maybe try a mindplace bi-coloured set of glasses.

I'd also recommend you stay away from non-mindplace glasses with your Sirius. Other makes led's are not as bright and they are not as comfortable to wear as the mindplace glasses.

I really love my Sirius and I'm sure you will too. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    TomC

7. Default Re: Red/Emerald, Red/Sapphire glasses for Sirius?

Thanks for all of your replies. It's good to know that the bi-color glasses do, in fact, work with the Sirius. It was a bit confusing as the MindPlace website does not explicitly state this.

Anyhow, I currently use NP2 and I plan on using the Sirius with NP2 built-in sessions. Maybe bi-color glasses would be good with these, as I assume they have audiostrobe tracks. I don't have much facility with creating my own NP2 tracks. I plan to stick with the built-in sessions.

Regardless, I will start out with the white glasses and go from there.

Thanks again for the posts. I'm looking forward to receiving my Sirius.

Blog Entries

I stand corrected .... and this is why I don't do technical support.

Thanks for setting things straight Craig and Tom!

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information