Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some questions

Default Re: some questions

Thanks for the quick response but i having trouble with relaxation as i have a active mind and i always self talk and i find it hard to follow instruction from relaxation sessions, for example when they ask me to feel the tension in my body and try to relax them, i find it hard to follow as i cant feel any tension, also does my leg that touch the ground have any tension? I dont know!!! cause i dont think it have but i am not sure. Furthermore, I keep having self talk and mind wander sometimes during the session and visualization so i dont know whether it might affect my state of mind. Also i tend to scratch my nose and head during sessions and i cant tell whether i am relax but i think i feel relax as most of the time i am,i guess expect when i am angry or happy or so other emotions. Please help i dont know what to do.

Blog Entries

Default Re: some questions

Try just using the sessions without the MP3 and it's okay to itch your nose and let your mind wander. What you'll find is about 1/2 way through the session, your mind will begin to quiet down. You can work to draw your attention to the lights and the patterns - it's okay to "self talk" about them.

What you can do regarding the releasing tension is to tense up that part of your body (that the tape mentions) hold it and release it and notice that feeling. Sometimes it's easier to increase the tension just before relaxation. Does that make sense?

It's pretty impossible to "try" to relax because the idea of "trying" creates pressure. Relaxing involves just going with the flow - think, don't think, itch, don't itch ... just go with it.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information