Thread: Few questions...

Default Few questions...

Hello,
    I have few question about procyon, hope someone can help.
    As every "willing buyer" I'm trying to understand if this machine is suitable for my purpose.

1) Does procyon drive each channel (left and right) separately?
    Meaning, can I pulse 5 hz red on the right and 10 hz red on the left?
    I understand that procyon can drive each color separately but I have no clue on channels.

2) does procyon native software support suggestions and affirmations?
    I have NP2, and it's great for place voice track in the meanwhile of the AV stimuli.
    I know that I can use procyon with NP2... but NP2 don't drive 3 colors frames.

2.1) If native procyon session software support affirmations and suggestions, can I upload them in the devices as any "sound light" session?
    I'm concerned about the internal memory... maybe It can't store a voice track.

3) I see that mindplace sells Ganzframe calbe with bare ends.
    This is a really cool thing, I have a wonderful lens from my old AV machine and would be great to build an adapter.
    But: are the details for the led driving open to the users?
    If I have to solder the bare ends I need to know voltage, current and max power that procyon can give... to know if i can use this adapter with my lens.
    Where I can find this technical details?

Thanks to all

Default Re: Few questions...

Hi,

1. The Procyon has three individually controlled channels. With the standard glasses they control red/green/blue on both sides in parallel. With the optional adapter cable, you can use monocolor glasses that use two control channels mapped left/right.

2. No. Procyon sessions use only the Procyon's light control and sound synthesis. An auxilliary input allows you to play other content, music, NLP, affirmations, etc. alongside any Procyon session, or to play Audiostrobe encoded music.

2.1 No. To add anything to the Procyon session you will need a computer, an MP3 or CD player, or some other source connected to the aux input. At present there is no integration between Procyon sessions and NP2 (etc.) except with AudioStrobe via the aux port. There's all manner of clever ways Procyon and NP2 can be made to play together nicely, but all involve some degree of media/cable shuffling. The Procyon's Synchromuse feature makes it possible to write Procyon sessions to accompany audio content using the full color capability. At present there is no Synchromuse content commercially available.

3. All the cabling details are available on this site. If in doubt, purchase the ready made ones. Be aware that some mind machines (notably Photosonix) have their glasses wired in the opposite polarity (common ground/CG) to the MindPlace machines (common power/CP). Other than polarity and connector type, most glasses can be used with most machines - seems everyone's used LEDs with reasonably similar characteristics. To find out what you've got you may have to contact the original manufacturer (or check their website).

For what it's worth, the Procyon is my personal favourite machine.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thanks for the fast reply Craig.
    I got all.
    Btw, I really like your blog, it's on my feeds list since a while.

Fantastic! And thanks for the feedback

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information