Thread: breathing metronome

1. Default breathing metronome

hello, i was reading something about a breathing metronome in the thread on schumann resonance. is this an actual tool you can purchase? if so, where does someone find something like this? ive been looking on google with no luck.

thanks.

Default Re: breathing metronome

It's easy enough to create a breathing session, or to add it to an existing session. The easiest way is to have the pitch rise and fall 5-6 times per minute. You could also use the green LED for the entrainment beat and use the the red to flash every 6 seconds to indicate inhale or exhale (6 seconds in, 6 seconds out = 5 breaths per minute).

There's all sorts of things that will do the job - most freeware timers will allow you to set a beep at a determined interval.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Default Re: breathing metronome

wow. interesting! i will give that a try. im not sure how to do what youre saying with the software but maybe when i sit down in front of it it will be clearer. ill let you know.

the part that is confusing is how to make the pitch rise 5-6 times per minute.
    i assume you mean have 10 6 second segments and in each segment you make the pitch rise at the end?

or do you mean create 1 second segments with a rise in pitch and insert them after every 6 seconds?

sorry if im overthinking this. im short on sleep today.

thanks.

Default Re: breathing metronome

The way I've done it with the Procyon and MWS is 6 seconds rising pitch = inhale, 6 seconds falling pitch = exhale. One mind machine I know of does it this way.

Another way is to have a brief sound every six seconds to indicate when breath direction should change. Another mind machine uses this approach.

Either is easily accomplished with the Procyon, and should be just as easy with the Proteus.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information