Thread: proteus / thoughtstream interface

1. Default proteus / thoughtstream interface

hi there,

i want to use the proteus with the thoughtstream for biofeedback. from what i read all i need is a stereo patch cord to connect the two. that seems easy enough to find at a local electronics store.

one thing i am not clear on is how the biofeedback mechanism works, in particular with the preset sessions that can be downloaded.

on a basic level, if i am trying to get more relaxed, the thoughstream senses this via GSR, sends this input to proteus and proteus will adjust to a lower frequency to match my relaxation, as i become deeper relaxed from there, again the GSR will sense this, send the info to the proteus and the proteus will again slow down. is this correct?

some of the pre-set sessions had be confused because it seemed like when you relax and youre using biofeedback the proteus would increase frequencies.

hope this makes sense. thanks for the super quick responses. much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: proteus / thoughtstream interface

Hello!

The patch cable should have been included with your Proteus. If it is missing, then yes, you should be able to get one at any electronics or audio supplier. It's just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable.

Have a look at the information on the support site regarding how to use the 2 products together:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/ThoughtStream.htm ("Proteus/Thoughtstream interfacing)

The Proteus ships with Thoughtstream-Enabled programs in the Utility section of the Proteus. (Uxx sessions).

-Andy.

3. Default Re: proteus / thoughtstream interface

thanks andy. after a second read through the manual it makes more sense. take care.

Thread Information