Thread: Hissing noise

1. Default Hissing noise

There have been various threads about the hissing noise that is experienced with the standard headphones, or indeed any headphones that don't use in line volume control. I have purchased an in line volume control adaptor for my Sennheiser headphones and at first it was fine, the hissing was nowhere to be heard. However, I have noticed that the unit over time gradually deteriorated, and the hissing got worse and worse. The sound quality of the binaural beats has also deteriorated, and every time I use a program they sound slightly different. Something is not right. I have tried it without the in line adapter and the background noise is totally horrific. I would try to install the OS again but I can't get the COM port to stay open with my current Mac Virtual Machine (as described extensively in another thread). I have no interest in using the Procyon Editor as it seems too much like hard work and just want to use the standard sessions. But this is becoming increasingly annoying. I have already reinstalled the OS once (when I managed to get the COM port to briefly work months ago). Is another install going to help? Or is this unit faulty? Is this a common occurrence for the Procyon?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hissing noise

I have never heard of this happening, except in cases where the batteries are getting low.

Please try fresh, new, alkaline batteries with the Procyon not connected to any external audio and without the USB connected.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Hissing noise

Thanks. Yes after finally getting Windows XP installed using Boot Camp on my Mac and updating the OS on the Procyon, with still no difference, I used the device again and noticed the LEDs weren't very bright. I replaced the batteries and it seems to be relatively normal again now.

Thread Information