Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Default Re: Procyon with Laxman google

I'm a Procyon newbie and a long time AVS user . . . I read CraigT's entry and tried my own very simple
    experiment to get color frequencies into my brain yesterday.

In knowing that RGB is used to create a spectrum of colors when blended, I looked at my box of Kleenex
    and said, "Why not?"

I neatly folded a tissue in half, placed it between my eyes and the glasses, turned on the Procyon, opened my eyes
    and VOILA! I got a great light show of a myriad of colors and patterns with my eyes open.

It may not be the Laxman goggles, but then again, it wasn't $250 either!

I'm just sayin' . . .

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Yes, it is surprising how well these 'low tech' solutions work for the eye open experience... kleenex, paper, handkerchiefs... all provide a very nice experience and cheaply too!
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

So what's the verdict here for Procyon R3 users?

I've been discovering that I personally respond very well to open eye... I used the tissue hack (it did work quite well), but I'd really like a pair of glasses that are built for the open eye purpose.

I'd seen that there was a Mindplace prototype for open eye glasses mentioned on this forum elsewhere... is that available for purchase?

What are our options for open eye/ganzfeld effect with the Procyon R3?

4. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Anybody? I'd really like to find a more comfortable way than tissue.

Blog Entries

We can't really speak from experience on this issue as we haven't tried it. We are very aware that eye open use is wanted. Personally, I have used a handkerchief and it works pretty well. Thick printer paper works good as well. These are low cost, low tech ways to try.

There are some people on this thread that have tried this Laxman glasses. Maybe you can PM them (which alerts them to the question if they aren't actively monitoring the forum) and they will be able to provide more information.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Hi...I'm sorry to ask a question which has seemingly already been answered, but here goes: what do I need to hook up Laxman glasses to a new procyon? I thought I bought a trrs 3.5mm adaptor, but what I received doesn't fit the Laxman glasses, which have and end that is rectangular with a dimple on one side. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Hi reckon;

As far as I know, there is no adapter to use the Laxman glasses on the Rev3 Procyon. One solution would be to cut off the Laxman connector and attach a 1/8" TRRS connector to use those glasses with the Procyon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I've owned a pair of Laxman goggles for a while now (~2 years). They work great with my Rev1 Procyon. The only thing I don't like is the weight of them. It's like wearing heavy ski goggles.

For open-eye sesions I find the stock procyon glasses with a bit of white paper towel works almost as well and is a lot lighter/more comfortable. I hardly ever use my Laxman goggles any more.

Cheers,
    TomC

9. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

I have tried one session with opened eyes, with a bit of white paper towel and the visuals are amazing!. But is hard relax, fighting for keeping the eyes opened.

I have just received my Laxman goggles from Neurotronics and , unfortunately , I can't seem to get them to work . I have Procyon which I bought when the Procyon first came out (so it's a Rev1 ?) and when I plug in my Procyon ganzframes everything works fine . Is it just a question of the Laxman goggles not working or could there be another explanation ?
    Last edited by agmz30; 09-05-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Thread Information