Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Hi All,
    I am planning to buy Procyon. But found Laxman glasses will not work with Rev.3. Is there any solution or alternative.Please share.
    Thanks
    Raj

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mctxp View Post
    Hi All,
    I am planning to buy Procyon. But found Laxman glasses will not work with Rev.3. Is there any solution or alternative.Please share.
    Thanks
    Raj
    If you are only planning to use the Laxman glasses with the Procyon, you could change the connector to the TRRS connector used on the Procyon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks Andy. When I am going to place order, What other accessories I need. Do you carry TRRS connector?

Blog Entries

You shouldn't need any other accessories, unless you're interested in some of the Audiostrobe titles. Have a look at the MindPlace homepage for details.

We do not sell the 3.5mm TRRS connectors, but there's several places to get them. Any electronic parts store should have them. Here's an online place, for example.
    You could also take a ready built cable and cut it up and splice it into the Laxman cable.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

No. That's for splitting the lightframe signal so that 2 lightframes can be used at once from the same console.
    Last edited by Andy; 07-06-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Clarification
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Quote Originally Posted by mctxp View Post
    Hi All,
    Thanks
    Raj
    You might be able to find a rev 1 or 2 on ebay

Default Re: Procyon with Laxman google

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    I remember telling Markus Klose that I thought edge-lighting was worth pursuing back in 2003, and he liked the idea so much that he patented it in Europe...

-Robert
    Get a non-disclosure signed next time Robert!

Hi all..

New to all this and have been researching a lot.. I am really leaning towards the Procyon as I see the support here is great and there seems to be a large user community for the Procyon.... But I wanted to find out what is the advantage, benefit, reasons for adding the Laxman glasses to the Procyon??? Is open Eye glasses really worth the $$$$$$ Or are there better add-on's I should consider getting instead???

Also being totally new to all this, is there like a good Beginners post I can read explaining all the Options and things I can do with the Procyon???

Thanks!

Blog Entries

I don't have the Laxman glasses but I have hacked together eye open glasses for the MindPlace machines.. On the relatively simple level you can simply cut out thick gauge typing paper and place it over the leds. Works pretty well in a dark room. The eyes open experience on the Procyon is pretty amazing as many of the colors that get filtered by the eyelids like subtle blues come through really well. It does tire your eyes after a bit, so it is best to mix sessions.

From my understanding that would be the benefit of the Laxman but not much else. I am biased though in the interest of disclosure.

The major benefits of the Procyon are its full color engine that has many options to control the LEDs. Things like solid fields that shimmer (Ganzfeld), smooth color ramping and transitions, exacting control over the color mixture, different color waveforms for smooth changes instead of just on or off, very high frequency settings for gamma experimentation, binaural and pulse sound waves, digital sound, ability to choose between different 2 color configurations for AudioStrobe, you are able to convert Proteus sessions to the Procyon, the Ganzframe glasses are the best in the industry, free software editor, USB for computer and power and so on and so on... For $269.

Your research should tell you that this is best deal going. You could buy a Procyon, Proteus, and ThoughtStream and AudioStrobe titles and extra Ganzframe glasses for the cost of the Laxman and far surpass your enjoyment and features...

IMHO.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information