Thread: Editing Procyon

Default Editing Procyon

hey everyone, i just got my procyon based on the high marks given my craig, thanks again craig. i've been going back and forth for quite a while trying to decide if i really wanted one. i used it today when i got it and it was quite an experence.
    my question is how can i delete the facory presets? i have the wms and i like to have my own sessions using the effects offered by that program along with the music. i've looked and searched and can't find it mentioned.. thanks again gary..

Default Re: Editing Procyon

Hi Gary,

You don't actually delete Procyon sessions.You append new ones, and if you want to make up a different set, you create a session library and upload them all in one go.

Download all the preset sessions from the support page and then create your own custom library. A library file is a simple text file containing the filenames of each session you want to load, in the order you want them to be numbered. Instead of just uploading a single session, you select the library file.

Of course, you can't actually load an MWS session into the Procyon, you just use it as an AudioStrobe decoder, so unless you're also installing new Procyon sessions, there's not much need to alter the presets.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Last edited by CraigT; 08-12-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi Gary! Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by garyg View Post
    hey everyone, i just got my procyon based on the high marks given my craig, thanks again craig. i've been going back and forth for quite a while trying to decide if i really wanted one. i used it today when i got it and it was quite an experence.
    That's great. I'm glad you jumped in and I'm sure you'll enjoy the product.

my question is how can i delete the facory presets? i have the wms and i like to have my own sessions using the effects offered by that program along with the music. i've looked and searched and can't find it mentioned.. thanks again gary..
    I'm not sure what "wms" is, but to delete the factory presets, you just have to upload a new preset to the Procyon but select "overwrite" instead of "append" and the new preset will be at session #1 and all the factory ones will be gone. There's a confirmation warning before it clears all the factory ones as well as a prompt to back up what you have on the Procyon too.
    Not to worry, the factory sessions can easily be added in again if you want some or all of them back.

See attached screenshot for the correct button to push after you select "upload session".

-Andy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Doh! Craig beat me to it!!

Talking Re: Editing Procyon

thanks andy and craig for your replies..i really need to start proof reading before i post cuz i didn't mean to imply that craig is mine..haha.. when i said my craig..

i was hoping to be able to put my mind work station session on the procyon but i see that i can't..somewhat disappointed but i guess i'll get over it...i did use it off the puter and did fine..also used some recorded sessions on my iphone and the audiostrobe worked also..not sure if it was doing the session but it was working..i like to plug and play...not sure about all the tech stuff.. glad we have yall to help us out with that stuff...thanks.. garyg

Man, I don't know why you would bother to try to use the Procyon editor when you can use NP2 Pro, it's so much easier to use in my opinion.

Hopefully, one day NP2 will allow you to use the 3-coloured Procyon capabilities. Right now, the Procyon editor is the only way to do this.

Cheers,
    TomC

Wink Re: Editing Procyon

from what i've read on transparents site, they want to link up with procyon. cmon guys lets make the connection..

Thread Information