Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which sessions should I use with self-hypnosis tapes?

1. Default Re: Which sessions should I use with self-hypnosis tapes?

Thanks Marisa! Could you check out Post #8 when you get a chance? I'm really interested in meditating. I think this could help me immensely.

Also, since you were saying that subliminal, sleep proramming and possibly self-hypnosis tapes are bogus, what would you recommend for someone like me who is trying to relieve anxiety and reprogram my subconscience mind? I had bought a few downloads from http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/ and have listened to them for a couple of weeks (postive thinking, self confidence, stop panic attacks and stress/anxiety relief). Not sure if they are effective or not. They are basically 20 minute hypnosis sessions without music. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Vendors are touting all sorts of stuff online so I don't know what is legit.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which sessions should I use with self-hypnosis tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by ballab26 View Post
    Thanks Marisa! Could you check out Post #8 when you get a chance? I'm really interested in meditating. I think this could help me immensely.
    Will do.

Also, since you were saying that subliminal, sleep programming and possibly self-hypnosis tapes are bogus, what would you recommend for someone like me who is trying to relieve anxiety and reprogram my subconscience mind? I had bought a few downloads from http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/ and have listened to them for a couple of weeks (postive thinking, self confidence, stop panic attacks and stress/anxiety relief). Not sure if they are effective or not. They are basically 20 minute hypnosis sessions without music. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Vendors are touting all sorts of stuff online so I don't know what is legit.
    Personally, I don't trust any hypnosis cds that are not NLP based because a cd that is done by someone with an NLP background will at least have the language right. I've seen lots of hypnosis scripts where they use negative language ("don't, won't etc.") and the unconscious mind does not process negative language that well. In order to process negative language, your mind will first create the thing you want to avoid and then cancel it out. "Don't imagine a purple cat" ... Your mind will imagine a purple cat first ... so - it's important that the language in the hypnosis cd is done correctly so that you will have the best chance at change.

I found this "stepping through anxiety" cd by Richard Bandler: http://www.nlpstore.com/product.php?...5&cat=6&page=2. I'm familiar with Richard's work - he is one of the founding creators of NLP - so he knows his stuff. I'm sure that there are other good products out there but unless they are by someone whose work I am familiar with, I can't vouch for how good they'll be. Unfortunately there are lots of people out there who claim to have NLP knowledge and that knowledge came from them reading a book - which is fine for themselves but hardly makes them an expert on NLP.

Please consider the other suggestions I gave you regarding handling situations where you feel anxiety and how to over come it.

This is something that you can do. The days of your having anxiety are numbered especially if you are fed up with it and want to change it.

The cds or tapes you have without music, you can use with your AVS machine. Sometimes the problem with buying prerecorded hypnosis cds is that they don't specifically address your issue or they make suggestions that are not congruent with your own idea of reality. Then again, perhaps they help a bit and you need to do some extra stuff to reinforce the suggestions on the cds.

M.
    Last edited by Andy; 08-18-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which sessions should I use with self-hypnosis tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by ballab26 View Post
    Thanks you two!

Also, I also plan on listening to relaxing music while meditating and using the meditating session of the L&S machine. If the music is designed to change your brainwave frequency, will this interfere with the binaural sounds from the machine? I think I read that the machine is capable of synching with music from external sources, but I wasn't sure if this was true. If so, does it synch with the strob, binaural beats or both? Let me know if I'm not making sense. I'm just trying to figure out what would be most effective.

I was thinking it may be better to either A) meditate with only the L&S machine without external music or B) meditate with only the music alone (and glasses?). Suggestions?

Thanks again gang.

It shouldn't interfere with the frequencies (at least not enough to make a difference) if you choose music that is similar to the program on your AVS. For example, if you choose music that is designed for relaxation and you set your machine for an Alpha/Theta program.

Since every brain is a bit different, it's best to a few different combinations and see which one works best for you. Me, I just use the machine alone. I do like to sometimes listen to music and just use the lights but when I do this it's more for enjoyment and entertainment. I also just use the sound (alpha/SMR) aspect of the machine while I work at my desk and this helps me achieve a relaxed state of concentration. The key is to find what works best for you.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information