Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Product Questionnaire

Blog Entries

Default New Product Questionnaire

So, at some point (No idea when, though...) MP will release an update to the Procyon.

I would like to hear what people would like to see if this were to happen.

Three separate areas to think about:
    1. The design/ergonomics of the case, controls and accessories
    2. The software inside the console (the OS)
    3. The editor software (for programming the console)

I'd like to hear what people think would be improvements to the current Procyon. Try to organize your responses into the above categories if possible, and maybe we'll have a poll later on the top ideas.

Thanks!

-Andy.

Default Re: New Product Questionnaire

1. The design/ergonomics of the case, controls and accessories

Maybe a slightly recessed power-on button so you don't accidentally turn it off in the middle of a session. Another option might be a 'Hold' switch to freeze everything. A Left/Right switch on the glasses (like the L&S Synergizer) so you can display each colour as a different AudioStrobe channel.

2. The software inside the console (the OS)

Would like to see a 'Manual Mode' added, like the Proteus and Sirius machines. It would be great if you can get rid of the background hissing, or at least include an in-line volume adapter.

3. The editor software (for programming the console)

User-friendly Colour-Pulse software would be nice. Also, an interface to NP2 to allow 3 colour programming would be great.

All I can think of right now. Pretty short wish-list eh?

Cheers,

TomC

Some how get the third color led going when playing AudioStrobe CDs.

Sell the unit without headphones. Most people seem to replace them with a better or different set anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charles M View Post
    Some how get the third color led going when playing AudioStrobe CDs.
    AS is a 2-color format, but you can set the Procyon to make 2 of the 3 colors come on for the Left or Right and the remaining color for the other channel if you like.

Noise generator, waveform editor and real-time accessible manual mode, please. Not too many changes just for change's sake - it's mostly just about spot on. Oh, yeah, and real-time console control of AS color mapping.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Last edited by CraigT; 07-25-2009 at 12:53 PM.

6. Default Re: New Product Questionnaire

Agree with Craig, at least for entrainment purposes a manual mode would be nice, with either alternate /or simultaneous flashing in two colours like the Proteus, and the third colour could be ganged with one of the other two. Perhaps the manual mode could just use the colour choice set in another menu for audiostrobe colour response .

On the longer term I would like to see the developemnt of some glasses for open and closed eye eye viewing: only then will we be able to see the colour range that RGB can potentially deliver. I've been experimenting with two halved ping pong balls with the Procyon glasses over the top. Very uncomfortable but the addition of truely intense blues and violets to the spectrum makes for stunning ambience and visuals.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    AS is a 2-color format, but you can set the Procyon to make 2 of the 3 colors come on for the Left or Right and the remaining color for the other channel if you like.
    Hi Andy,
    How excatly would I set the Procyon to do this with AudioStrobe input?

Thanks,
    Charles M

Blog Entries

Hi Andy,

Thanks,
    Charles M
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=2918#post2918

Hi Andy,

Thanks,
    Charles M
    As Andy pointed out you can change the AS colour(s) for each of the 2 channels. However, since each side of your glasses contains one of each colour so you cannot actually separate each of the left/right colours.

The Procyon software is a little misleading in indicating that the colours can be set left/right. It should probably say AS channel 1/2.

If you want to listen to AS CD's the way they were meant to be played (separate left/right channel output) you can use the Procyon glasses adapter and plug in a set of MP mono-colour glasses (and Procyon controls set to ASdig). Works great for me.

Cheers,
    TomC

10. Default Re: New Product Questionnaire

From memory you set any of the RGB LEDS in any combination on each channel side to respond to the L/R channels of Audiostrobe ?

Thread Information