Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Product Questionnaire

1. Default Re: New Product Questionnaire

I would like a sd card slot to increase the memory for grab sessions.

Default Re: New Product Questionnaire

I support any & all of the previous suggestions and would also like to see:
    1) the looping function re-examined:
    a) nested loops either don't work properly or "as expected", or is very user-unfriendly (non-intuitive at all) &
    b) change the limitation of a loop to "finish at" to include segments beyond segment No. 32 {example: "start at 1", "finish at 100", "repeat 3 times"}.
    2) internal memory for mp3 files
    3) there are cables that are rubberized instead of "plastic" coated, and they do not tangle easily, and untangle very easily...
    4) some frequency control on the Random Session 000 {example: generate random segments, 1 to 3 seconds long, from 8Hz to 12Hz}
    5) if the inside of the goggles were like a mirror or Aluminum foil instead of black/dark, they would reflect more light back toward the eyes and also broaden the bright "field of view".

[Out of context: I never use the provided earphones, preferring earbuds or canalphones, depending on the situation.]

Great console, love it.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your comments, Ben.
    I feel like the looping makes sense once it's understood and you and I just didn't understand it, I think! It definitely does work, but could use some further documentation and perhaps the feature in the editor could be more user-friendly?

If you have some thoughts and suggestions on how to improve that function specifically, please do continue the thread here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hlight=looping

It seems to me the function is fine, but it could be implemented a little friendlier in the editor. I'd like to hear more of what you'd like to see in this function as this could probably be changed in the editor.

A color organ feature would be nice for entertainment uses.

I've had the procyon for over a month. I have never had an AVS machine before, having only worked with software-based entrainers. Over all I'm very satisfied with this machine. After evaluating different machines in the market and comparing features, price, I think that Procyon is the best overall. I'm glad I chose it. My feedback may be some of what everyone has already said.

2. The software inside the console (the OS)
    - I like the simplicity of the controls. KISS principle... great!
    - I hate the hissing and popping (when you turn the unit on and off while wearing the headphones).
    - Manual edit mode would be nice to edit and/or create new Sessions away from computer.

3. The editor software (for programming the console)
    - If you really play around with the software, you'll find it's very powerful. However the interface is not as intuitive as most people would like. Being a software programmer myself, I know you could've done a better job. I think a lot was crammed into 1 screen. Maybe separate functions into different views/tabs for ease of navigating. The Color programming could be made easier.
    One thing that helped me a lot is reviewing CraigT's personal blog on Procyon software. He has a very in-depth function description/explanation. I think you should hire him to write manuals for you.

- Another think that would be nice is having an embedded sound generator in the software, so that when creating patters, you can 'sample' them on your computers sound card without having to plug the unit, put on your glasses, etc. The visual effect of the flashing LEDs can be emulated on a sample 'color' window, etc., you get the idea.

BUT OVERALL, I LOVE IT !!!!!

Thread Information