Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Program P00 not configurable? (and other stuff)

1. Default Program P00 not configurable? (and other stuff)

Is it all hardware? It seems to never go beyond 14 hz and has a very limited amount of segments/ramps.

Also, is it possible to change the settings for all segments at once? If I have 50 randomized segments which by default have dual LFO's, could I change them all to have just one LFO at the same time?

From time to time I have tried to get sessions with biofeedback to work, but without success. Now with the new code (2.5) and all, maybe I should give it a new go. If I remember right, it just didn't work at all.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Program P00 not configurable? (and other stuff)

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ohCD View Post
    Is it all hardware?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this question. All programs (Pxx and Uxx) are programmable via the software.

It seems to never go beyond 14 hz and has a very limited amount of segments/ramps.
    That may be the way that program is written. You can change it using the software.

Also, is it possible to change the settings for all segments at once? If I have 50 randomized segments which by default have dual LFO's, could I change them all to have just one LFO at the same time?
    This I'm not sure about. Have you tried selecting all and making that change?

From time to time I have tried to get sessions with biofeedback to work, but without success. Now with the new code (2.5) and all, maybe I should give it a new go. If I remember right, it just didn't work at all.
    Were you using the thoughtstream-enabled sessions (U01-U10)?

Update the code to 2.5 and try using the software to make the changes you want and let me know how it goes.

-Andy

3. Default Re: Program P00 not configurable? (and other stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Thanks for the quick response and warm welcome.

That may be the way that program is written. You can change it using the software.
    But how, that is the question. The way I see it, I cannot actually /program/ a "session generator", although I can randomize some of the parameters of a session manually (hope that makes sense).

I have downloaded the complex sessions but they don't change P00. On the mindmodulations website where there are lists of sessions, the numbers start from 1.

This I'm not sure about. Have you tried selecting all and making that change?
    I have. With more than 20 segments in a session, changing the parameters one by one gets too tedious for me to do in the long run.

Were you using the thoughtstream-enabled sessions (U01-U10)?
    Yes. Don't you think I should have been able to see it's working when using the negative sessions (I tried to concentrate on anger but nothing helped - I saw no increase in Proteus frequency).

Thinking about it, the way I tried the negative loop was after two positive loop sessions. So maybe the EDR value was already above 61? I did try switching TS off once and selecting sensitivity level of 8 (it had been either 7 or 6)
    Last edited by ohCD; 12-07-2006 at 07:27 AM.

Blog Entries

But how, that is the question. The way I see it, I cannot actually /program/ a "session generator", although I can randomize some of the parameters of a session manually (hope that makes sense).
    I believe program 00 is a fixed program that randomly chooses one of the other programs from 01 to 99.
    To create your own session that has random parameters, follow the instructions in this tutorial: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...sTutorials.pdf

With more than 20 segments in a session, changing the parameters one by one gets too tedious for me to do in the long run.
    I will have to check into this. I thought you were able to select multiple segments and make a global change. You are saying that is not the case?

Regarding thoughtstream controlled sessions - have you verified that the cable you are using to connect the thoughtstream to the proteus is good?

Greetings--the "random" session (P00) in actually pre-set to operate within a constrained range and unfortunately cannot be re-configured as yet by users. Really, its main function is to provide a demonstration of a range of Proteus effects.

Regarding global parameter-setting: this is not yet possible, but I'll add it to our list for a future upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion!

Robert

6. Default Re: Program P00 not configurable? (and other stuff)

Andy hi, sorry for late reply.

Yes the TS cable is good because I can play Mental GAmes and Proteus cable is ok too.

Robert, good to hear, I just wish the information about PreSage came soon out in the open.

Blog Entries

There's another user as well that is having issues with the TS-controlled sessions. Haven't been able to get to the bottom of it yet, but I've asked for help from MP to see if there's a way to determine what the problem is.

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=152

We'll post a solution as soon as we can figure out the cause.

8. Default Re: Program P00 not configurable? (and other stuff)

Yeh I read about that.

I'm just wondering... since I'm using a patch cord and not either RS-232 cords that came with the units... was there a special patch cord in the original package? Because mine is from a general store.

Blog Entries

I'm just wondering... since I'm using a patch cord and not either RS-232 cords that came with the units... was there a special patch cord in the original package? Because mine is from a general store.
    So, to clarify... The RS-232 cables are the 3.5mm stereo connector (stereo headphone style) to a 9-pin connector that goes to your computer (or a USB->Serial adaptor).
    The "patch" cable is a 3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo cable for connecting a CD player or the Thoughtstream to the Proteus.
    Make sure your patch cable is a stereo one - meaning it has 2 lines on it.

See indicated connector below.

-Andy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Default Re: Program P00 not configurable? (and other stuff)

It has two lines and I know it works... so I'm out of things to try.

Thread Information