Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is BWE Habit forming.

1. Default Re: Is BWE Habit forming.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi Lucifer,

I'm guessing that you failed at self-hypnosis because you had inadequate instruction.........................M.
    My book is called Self Hypnosis by (I think Leceron or L Ceron) a 1977 version.

I think it was quite good (and I'm going to re-read it pending the arrival of my Procyon). It has a fairly good induction ("you can record to a record in most department stores" Ha! Ha!).

My problem was I couldn't stop mind chatter interrupting my attempts. I lay there trying to relax and spending more time analysing if I was relaxing than relaxing and thinking: "is my arm moving because I'm hypnotised or because I'm doing what the book says it should do?". In the end I always decided I was kidding myself. I'm a bit too analytical for unaided self hypnosis I think. And I fall into the category: "Tell my secrets to a psychiatrist? Not in this lifetime" so self hypnosis was the only thing I was willing to try.

For me, it's more exciting to start from a position of no problems to resolve so I can start focusing on "playing" immediately.

I intend to try every session and more and am counting the days. (I'm at day 4 and my order isn't approved yet but one more day to follow up time!)

Oh, and, I live in a special economic zone of China so unfortunately there's no chance of contacting an English speaking hypnotheratist even if I wanted to, I don't speak Chinese.
    Last edited by Lucifer; 06-22-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Add last sentence.

Default Re: Is BWE Habit forming.

Self hypnosis work really saved my life at one point. I was really into that for many years in the past. (I should never have stopped. Distracted and lazy I guess. Odd how having a child changed my life profoundly not just because of the kid but because it completely refocused my interests and priorities for a dozen years.) I would just practice on a simple format, touching my forehead and lettting my body relax, making cassette tapes for myself and using them every single night and during the day if I had time. Eventually it was conditioned. Some people do less well with the arm-raising style inductions. Richard Bandler once said a lot of people had a lot of talk in their head and he'd discovered this secret mantra that helped deal with that. You just focus and relax and say to yourself, shutthefuckup, shutthefuckup, shutthefuckup, repeatedly, LOL! He's so hilarious. Anyway, there's something to that. I think a lot of refusal to drop the high-beta is because of fear of some kind, but it could also be (or these may be the same) just a brainwave state. I would think that a mind machine would really help in this regard as it's "help" at getting to fairly deep states hypnosis would be great in (haven't tried the two in combination yet). RC

3. Default Re: Is BWE Habit forming.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCairo View Post
    Self hypnosis work really saved my life at one point................
    Yeah, I used to keep telling my "little voice" to shut up and changed the subject but it always won the argument in the end.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    My problem was I couldn't stop mind chatter interrupting my attempts. I lay there trying to relax and spending more time analysing if I was relaxing than relaxing and thinking: "is my arm moving because I'm hypnotised or because I'm doing what the book says it should do?".
    I think you gave up too soon. Stopping the mind chatter takes practice. It involves becoming aware that your mind is chattering and directing your attention to the subject you wish to focus on. Every time the mind chatter starts, you can say something like "stop" and "pay attention to the work at hand" and then do that. At first you may be saying "stop" a lot but given time and practice, you should be able to redirect your thoughts as you wish. With the Procyon, you may want to direct your attention to the patterns in the light frames.

Essentially all hypnosis is self hypnosis as we allow ourselves to engage in the process and whether someone else is telling the story or we are telling our selves the story - isn't relevant. It's easier with someone else just because at that point you just have to relax and listen to what they are saying.

I would recommend just starting with something simple like directing your focus to the sounds and light and when you find your mind starting the chatter, just redirect your focus to the lights and sound.

If you are working without the machine, focus on your breathing - in and out and the same applies, when the mind starts wandering, bring it back.

In the end I always decided I was kidding myself. I'm a bit too analytical for unaided self hypnosis I think. And I fall into the category: "Tell my secrets to a psychiatrist? Not in this lifetime" so self hypnosis was the only thing I was willing to try.
    LOL Nah, you just gave yourself an acceptable excuse to stop trying. Here, a Hypnotherapist doesn't have to be a psychiatrist and the only secret that you really need to divulge is the goal that you want to attain through the session.

For me, it's more exciting to start from a position of no problems to resolve so I can start focusing on "playing" immediately.
    I intend to try every session and more and am counting the days. (I'm at day 4 and my order isn't approved yet but one more day to follow up time!)
    If you look at it all as play, then you can allow yourself to relax and just go with it.

Oh, and, I live in a special economic zone of China so unfortunately there's no chance of contacting an English speaking Hypnotherapist even if I wanted to, I don't speak Chinese.
    There is a man named Richard on this forum who lives in Hong Kong and he's taken the NLP courses. You may want to talk to him.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hey RC,

Quote Originally Posted by RedCairo View Post
    Self hypnosis work really saved my life at one point. I was really into that for many years in the past. (I should never have stopped. Distracted and lazy I guess. Odd how having a child changed my life profoundly not just because of the kid but because it completely refocused my interests and priorities for a dozen years.)
    I don't have kids but from observing friends and neighbors who have kids, I'd say that the little ones demand all of your attention. I don't know how you do it. Me, I'd likely go insane ...

Richard Bandler once said a lot of people had a lot of talk in their head and he'd discovered this secret mantra that helped deal with that. You just focus and relax and say to yourself, shutthefuckup, shutthefuckup, shutthefuckup, repeatedly, LOL! He's so hilarious.
    That is funny. I've watched a few of his DVDs and tapes and he really could branch off as a stand up comedian. Brilliant and quick mind on that guy.

Anyway, there's something to that. I think a lot of refusal to drop the high-beta is because of fear of some kind, but it could also be (or these may be the same) just a brain wave state. I would think that a mind machine would really help in this regard as it's "help" at getting to fairly deep states hypnosis would be great in (haven't tried the two in combination yet). RC
    I think many people are afraid that if they allow themselves to let go and get into that state, that they will lose control. Many think that a hypnotist has control over the subject, which they don't and a hypnotic state is just a natural state of inner reflection (which we do all the time anyway).

Come to think of it, when Lucifer is engaged in that self chatter, in a way he is performing self hypnosis on himself as he is focused on inner and he is talking himself in and out of things. Hmmm

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Is BWE Habit forming.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    I think you gave up too soon..................M.
    I'm in Macau.

I'm really not big on interacting with people. There's really no way a hypnotist could get me to relax. (That's why I have no problem living where I don't know the language.)

Go to a dentist and I'm fine, I don't care, but go to a doctor for a checkup and they can't get a relaxed blood pressure reading. I get asked: Do you know how long you've had high blood pressure?". Response: "15 minutes."

But you are right, I think I give up too easily, "A typical", do it and move on or bored and walk away. For that reason I'm going to ignore self hypnosis and play around with the Procyon until I get used to it. Relaxing or sleeping will be a much easier goal. Once I cease to question it's operation then I can try hypnosis.

I don't really think hypnosis would reveal much to me, I know my hidden secrets, I just choose not to discuss them, even with myself.

It may sound odd but I often have more faith in machines than people.

Blog Entries

I'm in Macau.

I'm really not big on interacting with people. There's really no way a hypnotist could get me to relax. (That's why I have no problem living where I don't know the language.)
    Interesting. I'm guessing that you don't want to change that so the what's behind it is irrelevant. Yes?

Go to a dentist and I'm fine, I don't care, but go to a doctor for a checkup and they can't get a relaxed blood pressure reading. I get asked: Do you know how long you've had high blood pressure?". Response: "15 minutes."
    I'm guessing you know why you are this way? It does have something to do with your perception of some people (not sure if it's all people). If you ever decide that you want to feel differently about this, the good news is that you can. I'm not saying that you should, I'm just saying that you could. After all, if you are happy the way things are ... there is no reason to change.

But you are right, I think I give up too easily, "A typical", do it and move on or bored and walk away.
    "Bored" is actually an excuse that makes it "okay" to give up. So basically, you give up and walk away. I'm guessing that you give up because you don't get instant results and perhaps reach a point of frustration where you are unable to say to yourself something like, "okay, that didn't work, maybe if I try this ...". Then again, it's not an easy task to master you mind. It's like trying to control a chariot pulled by wild horses. It's only a problem when those horses go where you don't want them to.

For that reason I'm going to ignore self hypnosis and play around with the Procyon until I get used to it. Relaxing or sleeping will be a much easier goal. Once I cease to question it's operation then I can try hypnosis.
    What do you mean by "question its operation"? Are the questions to do with the technical aspects or the mind aspects?

I don't really think hypnosis would reveal much to me, I know my hidden secrets, I just choose not to discuss them, even with myself.
    I can appreciate that. One thing I want to make you aware of is that the "theta" state basically opens the door to your unconscious and it may bring forward things you are wanting to repress. It doesn't happen to everyone but it can happen. Then again maybe you are ready to make peace with yourself and accept that past for what it is .. the past.

It's not necessary to know your secrets and if you have control over them so that they can not interfere with your happiness, then hey, it appears you have mastered some of the mind control stuff. In fact, you probably have many skills in this area that you are not aware of. Cool eh.

It may sound odd but I often have more faith in machines than people.
    Not at all. Some people can really suck.

BTW, the name "Lucifer" means "Bringer of Light" or "Light Bearer". Interesting that you would pick a name that represents a being that was the best and the brightest who walked away from an easier life (being an Archangel) and chose to become the "tester" (and viewed as evil by others).

M.

8. Default Re: Is BWE Habit forming.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had a relative in remission from cancer who took ill again. To cut the story short, went through the whole thing and now she’s buried.

Marisa: Interesting. I'm guessing that you don't want to change that so the what's behind it is irrelevant. Yes?
    I have to concede not having to commit time to a stack of friends is something I wouldn’t part with.

Marisa: I'm guessing you know why you are this way? It does have something to do with your perception of some people (not sure if it's all people). If you ever decide that you want to feel differently about this, the good news is that you can. I'm not saying that you should, I'm just saying that you could. After all, if you are happy the way things are ... there is no reason to change.
    Always been introverted and a loner. Part of it is being the youngest child. The mid child would sooner hang out with the older child than the younger child.

Not really interested in changing, I’ve seen what being lonely can be like and I’d rather be able to be alone and not lonely.

Marisa: "Bored" is actually an excuse that makes it "okay" to give up. So basically, you give up and walk away. I'm guessing that you give up because you don't get instant results and perhaps reach a point of frustration where you are unable to say to yourself something like, "okay, that didn't work, maybe if I try this ...". Then again, it's not an easy task to master you mind. It's like trying to control a chariot pulled by wild horses. It's only a problem when those horses go where you don't want them to.
    Yes, I’m more of a that didn’t work try something completely different person. I struggle to pursue things that fail.

I’ve been in work projects where I have realised they won’t work so I’ve lost all enthusiasm while the others are still pressing on. To be honest, in that situation, I haven’t been proved wrong yet.

Marisa: What do you mean by "question its operation"? Are the questions to do with the technical aspects or the mind aspects?
    Mind. I’ll see how effective the Procyon is before I get excited about self hypnosis.

Marisa:I can appreciate that. One thing I want to make you aware of is that the "theta" state basically opens the door to your unconscious and it may bring forward things you are wanting to repress. It doesn't happen to everyone but it can happen. Then again maybe you are ready to make peace with yourself and accept that past for what it is .. the past.

It's not necessary to know your secrets and if you have control over them so that they can not interfere with your happiness, then hey, it appears you have mastered some of the mind control stuff. In fact, you probably have many skills in this area that you are not aware of. Cool eh.
    I think there are some things I would like to change, hence self hypnosis, but I know them already. I’m not expecting to find them out first. Mind you, of course, as you say, there could be repressed memories attached to the things I claim to “know” which are the actual cause.

Marisa: Not at all. Some people can really suck.
    Yes, machines usually don’t lie so if the consensus is they work it’s likely it’s true.

Marisa: BTW, the name "Lucifer" means "Bringer of Light" or "Light Bearer". Interesting that you would pick a name that represents a being that was the best and the brightest who walked away from an easier life (being an Archangel) and chose to become the "tester" (and viewed as evil by others). M.
    If the user name “Lucifer” is taken I normally use “Lightbearer” or the Chinese demon “Mogwai.”

Well I have my Procyon now and have no adverse effects. I can see it will take time but it appears to work. It’s a little different than I thought. I never expected it to do what it does and I don’t know if other “early” users find the same. So far (3 sessions) it’s worked mentally but not physically i.e. the relax programme relaxed my brain not body. The rejuvenation programme didn’t stop my eyes from feeling droopy but my brain was alert and there was no way would have been able to sleep.

I can see, until I get accustomed to using the machine, the excitement of “does it work” will override the ability for it to relax me properly (I've been mentally monitoring the effects as the session runs). And getting used to relaxing and just watching the light without looking around or squeezing the eyes will take a few sessions.

Last edited by Lucifer; 07-06-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: word error.

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had a relative in remission from cancer who took ill again. To cut the story short, went through the whole thing and now she?s buried.

I am sorry for your loss. I hope your relative's suffering was brief. How are you doing with what you went through? It's hard to be unaffected in one way or another by such circumstances.

I have to concede not having to commit time to a stack of friends is something I wouldn?t part with.
    I can appreciate that.

Always been introverted and a loner. Part of it is being the youngest child. The mid child would sooner hang out with the older child than the younger child.
    I choose to be a loner most of the time. Socializing takes energy and with the Fibromyalgia - I have to consider carefully how I use the energy I have. There are usually more things to do and that I want to do than what I can do. We all have our obstacles.

Not really interested in changing, I?ve seen what being lonely can be like and I?d rather be able to be alone and not lonely.
    I think "lonely" is a state of mind that has more to do with unfulfilled expectations than the number of people around. I think "alone" without the "lonely" is good.

Yes, I?m more of a that didn?t work try something completely different person. I struggle to pursue things that fail.
    I agree with you here that if you have a desired outcome and you try one thing and it doesn't work, to try something else until you hit the right combo. Sometimes the method we choose is fine but we lack technique, so in that case, maybe it's prudent to turn to something else until we have acquired the skills we need to do the action

I agree with you that it's redundant to repeat the same process if you are not getting results. However - if you are not doing the process correctly, then you would do yourself a disservice to give up. For example, let's say you are learning martial arts and you are trying to learn a technique. You will get that technique wrong (likely) a few times before you get it right and in this case it would be good to continue to practice the same moves. If you are teaching yourself and are not getting the technique after several tries than it would make sense to change your method of being taught (buy a different DVD, get coaching etc.).

In the end, if the goal is really something you want badly, then it's important to keep trying to achieve it and to be flexible, open to alternatives in how to achieve the goal.

I?ve been in work projects where I have realized they won?t work so I?ve lost all enthusiasm while the others are still pressing on. To be honest, in that situation, I haven?t been proved wrong yet.

It's a bit difficult for me to comment on something that is this vague. I can think of circumstances and examples that support and refute both sides of this argument.

Mind. I?ll see how effective the Procyon is before I get excited about self hypnosis.
    I hope you enjoy the process. What's really fun to do (okay not everything has to have a therapeutic goal) is select Program 49 and just use the light frames and plug your headphones into some music you love and sit back and enjoy the light show.

I think there are some things I would like to change, hence self hypnosis, but I know them already. I?m not expecting to find them out first. Mind you, of course, as you say, there could be repressed memories attached to the things I claim to ?know? which are the actual cause.
    I don't know you so I can't assume anything, I just though I'd give you a "heads up" in case there are any surprises. Just in case you get in trouble and need a quick strategy to get you into a better state - you bring yourself into the present by changing your body position (if you were sitting, stand up, look up and tell your self things about the present that are okay. Example: At this moment here and now I am safe. The past is over (if it's a past memory). It is history and only exists in my memory. What is real is right now, this very moment, this very second. I can feel my feet on the floor ... I can see the color of ... etc. Let me know if you need more details on changing states.

Yes, machines usually don?t lie so if the consensus is they work it?s likely it?s true.
    I'm guessing you have experienced betrayal? Kind of a dumb question because we all have experienced having our feelings hurt by someone. Some people manage to get their hearts ripped out and handed to them by their "friends" ... that's always a fun time. LOL Dogs .... now dogs make excellent friends ... crows also (cuz they are smart).

If the user name ?Lucifer? is taken I normally use ?Light bearer? or the Chinese demon ?Mogwai.?
    Who is could kick bigger ass - Mogwai or Lucifer? I apologize for my comment if you are religious and my comment insulted you.

Well I have my Procyon now and have no adverse effects. I can see it will take time but it appears to work. It?s a little different than I thought. I never expected it to do what it does and I don?t know if other ?early? users find the same. So far (3 sessions) it?s worked mentally but not physically i.e. the relax programme relaxed my brain not body. The rejuvenation programme didn?t stop my eyes from feeling droopy but my brain was alert and there was no way would have been able to sleep.
    What sessions are you using?

I can see, until I get accustomed to using the machine, the excitement of ?does it work? will override the ability for it to relax me properly (I've been mentally monitoring the effects as the session runs). And getting used to relaxing and just watching the light without looking around or squeezing the eyes will take a few sessions.
    Once you finish analyzing it all, then allow your self to sit back and enjoy the journey - avoid thinking about relaxing, just enjoy the lights and see what happens when you squeeze your eyes tight or barely shut. See what happens if you look up , sideways or down .... do you get any different affects. Keep you eyes closed always though. The less you think about what stresses you , the more you will be able to think about relaxes you .... and the magick key is: The mind always goes towards the situation you are thinking about so it's always important to think about what you want instead of what you don't want or want to avoid.

M.

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had a relative in remission from cancer who took ill again. To cut the story short, went through the whole thing and now she?s buried.

I am sorry for your loss. I hope your relative's suffering was brief. How are you doing with what you went through? It's hard to be unaffected in one way or another by such circumstances.

I have to concede not having to commit time to a stack of friends is something I wouldn?t part with.
    I can appreciate that.

I choose to be a loner most of the time. Socializing takes energy and with the Fibromyalgia - I have to consider carefully how I use the energy I have. There are usually more things to do and that I want to do than what I can do. We all have our obstacles.

Not really interested in changing, I?ve seen what being lonely can be like and I?d rather be able to be alone and not lonely.
    I think "lonely" is a state of mind that has more to do with unfulfilled expectations than the number of people around. I think "alone" without the "lonely" is good.

Yes, I?m more of a that didn?t work try something completely different person. I struggle to pursue things that fail.
    I agree with you here that if you have a desired outcome and you try one thing and it doesn't work, to try something else until you hit the right combo. Sometimes the method we choose is fine but we lack technique, so in that case, maybe it's prudent to turn to something else until we have acquired the skills we need to do the action

I agree with you that it's redundant to repeat the same process if you are not getting results. However - if you are not doing the process correctly, then you would do yourself a disservice to give up. For example, let's say you are learning martial arts and you are trying to learn a technique. You will get that technique wrong (likely) a few times before you get it right and in this case it would be good to continue to practice the same moves. If you are teaching yourself and are not getting the technique after several tries than it would make sense to change your method of being taught (buy a different DVD, get coaching etc.).

In the end, if the goal is really something you want badly, then it's important to keep trying to achieve it and to be flexible, open to alternatives in how to achieve the goal.

I?ve been in work projects where I have realized they won?t work so I?ve lost all enthusiasm while the others are still pressing on. To be honest, in that situation, I haven?t been proved wrong yet.

It's a bit difficult for me to comment on something that is this vague. I can think of circumstances and examples that support and refute both sides of this argument.

Mind. I?ll see how effective the Procyon is before I get excited about self hypnosis.
    I hope you enjoy the process. What's really fun to do (okay not everything has to have a therapeutic goal) is select Program 49 and just use the light frames and plug your headphones into some music you love and sit back and enjoy the light show.

I think there are some things I would like to change, hence self hypnosis, but I know them already. I?m not expecting to find them out first. Mind you, of course, as you say, there could be repressed memories attached to the things I claim to ?know? which are the actual cause.
    I don't know you so I can't assume anything, I just though I'd give you a "heads up" in case there are any surprises. Just in case you get in trouble and need a quick strategy to get you into a better state - you bring yourself into the present by changing your body position (if you were sitting, stand up, look up and tell your self things about the present that are okay. Example: At this moment here and now I am safe. The past is over (if it's a past memory). It is history and only exists in my memory. What is real is right now, this very moment, this very second. I can feel my feet on the floor ... I can see the color of ... etc. Let me know if you need more details on changing states.

Yes, machines usually don?t lie so if the consensus is they work it?s likely it?s true.
    I'm guessing you have experienced betrayal? Kind of a dumb question because we all have experienced having our feelings hurt by someone. Some people manage to get their hearts ripped out and handed to them by their "friends" ... that's always a fun time. LOL Dogs .... now dogs make excellent friends ... crows also (cuz they are smart).

If the user name ?Lucifer? is taken I normally use ?Light bearer? or the Chinese demon ?Mogwai.?
    Who is could kick bigger ass - Mogwai or Lucifer? I apologize for my comment if you are religious and my comment insulted you.

Well I have my Procyon now and have no adverse effects. I can see it will take time but it appears to work. It?s a little different than I thought. I never expected it to do what it does and I don?t know if other ?early? users find the same. So far (3 sessions) it?s worked mentally but not physically i.e. the relax programme relaxed my brain not body. The rejuvenation programme didn?t stop my eyes from feeling droopy but my brain was alert and there was no way would have been able to sleep.
    What sessions are you using?

I can see, until I get accustomed to using the machine, the excitement of ?does it work? will override the ability for it to relax me properly (I've been mentally monitoring the effects as the session runs). And getting used to relaxing and just watching the light without looking around or squeezing the eyes will take a few sessions.
    Once you finish analyzing it all, then allow your self to sit back and enjoy the journey - avoid thinking about relaxing, just enjoy the lights and see what happens when you squeeze your eyes tight or barely shut. See what happens if you look up , sideways or down .... do you get any different affects. Keep you eyes closed always though. The less you think about what stresses you , the more you will be able to think about relaxes you .... and the magick key is: The mind always goes towards the situation you are thinking about so it's always important to think about what you want instead of what you don't want or want to avoid.

M.

Thread Information