Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is BWE Habit forming.

1. Default Re: Is BWE Habit forming.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    [/font]

I am sorry for your loss. I hope your relative's suffering was brief. How are you doing with what you went through? It's hard to be unaffected in one way or another by such circumstances.
    18 months free of it then 2.5 weeks to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa
    I can appreciate that.

I like my free (except for my wife of course) time.

I choose to be a loner most of the time. Socializing takes energy and with the Fibromyalgia - I have to consider carefully how I use the energy I have. There are usually more things to do and that I want to do than what I can do. We all have our obstacles.

Well, at least it made me independent. Funnily enough both are afraid to cross me. I think I come across as explosive even though they never see it.
    I think "lonely" is a state of mind that has more to do with unfulfilled expectations than the number of people around. I think "alone" without the "lonely" is good.
    It’s good but people who get lonely won’t accept you can be alone without being lonely and try to address your problem of loneliness and arrange things for you. It’s where my famous phrase kicks in: “No, means no”. I always stick with it so people don’t keep asking me.
    I agree with you here that if you have a desired outcome and you try one thing and it doesn't work, to try something else until you hit the right combo. Sometimes the method we choose is fine but we lack technique, so in that case, maybe it's prudent to turn to something else until we have acquired the skills we need to do the action

I agree with you that it's redundant to repeat the same process if you are not getting results. However - if you are not doing the process correctly, then you would do yourself a disservice to give up. For example, let's say you are learning martial arts and you are trying to learn a technique. You will get that technique wrong (likely) a few times before you get it right and in this case it would be good to continue to practice the same moves. If you are teaching yourself and are not getting the technique after several tries than it would make sense to change your method of being taught (buy a different DVD, get coaching etc.).

In the end, if the goal is really something you want badly, then it's important to keep trying to achieve it and to be flexible, open to alternatives in how to achieve the goal.
    If I am certain something can work I will persue it until I solve it or reach the conclusion I can't solve it. Then I would write it down in case I decide I will challenge someone else to solve it.

It's a bit difficult for me to comment on something that is this vague. I can think of circumstances and examples that support and refute both sides of this argument.
    An example would be if you suggest a product and no one is interested so you present it a different way, there should be a limit to the number of ways you suggest before you get the message and move on.
    But I also end projects quickly i.e. if my role is to create, I create and move on, I get bored with being involved in the making and distributing as it ends up watching instead of doing.
    I hope you enjoy the process. What's really fun to do (okay not everything has to have a therapeutic goal) is select Program 49 and just use the light frames and plug your headphones into some music you love and sit back and enjoy the light show.
    I seem to get effects even if they are not the expected ones. For example I’m not sure yet but I think I’m not as explosive over little things like the photocopier jamming.

I don't know you so I can't assume anything, I just though I'd give you a "heads up" in case there are any surprises. Just in case you get in trouble and need a quick strategy to get you into a better state - you bring yourself into the present by changing your body position (if you were sitting, stand up, look up and tell your self things about the present that are okay. Example: At this moment here and now I am safe. The past is over (if it's a past memory). It is history and only exists in my memory. What is real is right now, this very moment, this very second. I can feel my feet on the floor ... I can see the color of ... etc. Let me know if you need more details on changing states.
    I get the impression regression will be fairly illusive to me but I did get a flashback to my home at age 4 in Session 22 hypnogogia, just the bay windows looking out. But thanks for the info.

What is a strange thing about me is I can't picture things especially faces e.g. I can give you a detailed description of my wife's face but I can't picture it. Same with "picture yourself going down the escalator", I know what it's like but I can't pull up an image of it so the going deeper and deeper is a bit of a problem..... Go figure!
    I'm guessing you have experienced betrayal? Kind of a dumb question because we all have experienced having our feelings hurt by someone. Some people manage to get their hearts ripped out and handed to them by their "friends" ... that's always a fun time. LOL Dogs .... now dogs make excellent friends ... crows also (cuz they are smart).
    No, I haven’t been betrayed that I can think of. It’s more the concept a machine can’t tell you what you want to hear, true or not.
    Dogs, I have 2 American Staffordshires, fabulous.
    Who is could kick bigger ass - Mogwai or Lucifer? I apologize for my comment if you are religious and my comment insulted you.
    Atheist. (Hope it's not "scary") Mogwai is just a demon. There was an old movie, forgotten it's name (maybe Gremlins), about a cuddly creature that multiplied and became a killer if you got water on it, the Chinese man who handed it over in his shop called it "mogwai".

What sessions are you using?
    I used 15, 24 and 36 as the first 3.

Once you finish analyzing it all, then allow your self to sit back and enjoy the journey - avoid thinking about relaxing, just enjoy the lights and see what happens when you squeeze your eyes tight or barely shut. See what happens if you look up , sideways or down .... do you get any different affects. Keep you eyes closed always though. The less you think about what stresses you , the more you will be able to think about relaxes you .... and the magick key is: The mind always goes towards the situation you are thinking about so it's always important to think about what you want instead of what you don't want or want to avoid.

M.

I’m already at the stage of just observing. Fortunately at the moment I’m free of any obvious stress but the fact I explode (inside) over small things indicates I’m not totally calm.
    Last edited by Lucifer; 07-15-2009 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is BWE Habit forming.

Hello, Sorry about the delay in responding.

I like my free (except for my wife of course) time.
    I can appreciate that. I also enjoy my alone/free time. I find I can get a whole lot more accomplished.

Well, at least it made me independent. Funnily enough both are afraid to cross me. I think I come across as explosive even though they never see it.
    They saw you explode at the photocopier and backed away quietly?

It?s good but people who get lonely won?t accept you can be alone without being lonely and try to address your problem of loneliness and arrange things for you. It?s where my famous phrase kicks in: ?No, means no?. I always stick with it so people don?t keep asking me.
    It is rather funny isn't it. I see this happen a lot with single people -- everyone else keeps trying to find them a mate when they are perfectly happy without one. If a person is more "social" than "solitary" then they likely won't be able to relate to the solitary person's lifestyle and vice versa. I think that many people forget that there are many ways to enjoy life than the ways they are most familiar with.

If I am certain something can work I will pursue it until I solve it or reach the conclusion I can't solve it. Then I would write it down in case I decide I will challenge someone else to solve it.
    That makes sense.

An example would be if you suggest a product and no one is interested so you present it a different way, there should be a limit to the number of ways you suggest before you get the message and move on.
    But I also end projects quickly i.e. if my role is to create, I create and move on, I get bored with being involved in the making and distributing as it ends up watching instead of doing.
    I'm guessing that they keep trying different approaches because somewhere inside of them, they are thinking that they didn't explain it right and so they try a different way. It takes a while for it to occur to them that you are just not interested. ... Or, they are sales people. LOL

I seem to get effects even if they are not the expected ones. For example I?m not sure yet but I think I?m not as explosive over little things like the photocopier jamming.

That's good news. Photocopies jamming ...ARG!

I get the impression regression will be fairly illusive to me but I did get a flashback to my home at age 4 in Session 22 hypnogogia, just the bay windows looking out. But thanks for the info.

What I make of this is that you may continue to get the odd flash of a memory by just using the machine and if you are not actively trying to do a regression, I doubt it would happen. I think this because .... (see after your next paragraph ...)

What is a strange thing about me is I can't picture things especially faces e.g. I can give you a detailed description of my wife's face but I can't picture it. Same with "picture yourself going down the escalator", I know what it's like but I can't pull up an image of it so the going deeper and deeper is a bit of a problem..... Go figure!
    All of us have a lead (dominant) system in how we translate what we experience in the world. Some people are highly visual and they think in pictures, are able to picture things in their mind and their memory tends to work like a movie. Auditory/Auditory Digital people tend to talk to themselves a lot. Recalling something will happen as a result of them taking themselves back to an event and describing it to themselves. These people may respond better to affirmations or self hypnosis because they are already use to talking themselves in and out of states of mind. Kinesthetic people have quick and immediate access to their feelings. When they remember something, they tend to relive the event in their minds.

In case you are interested in this and/or want to see if your lead system is indeed auditory, I've attached a few documents to this message that you can read.

No, I haven?t been betrayed that I can think of. It?s more the concept a machine can?t tell you what you want to hear, true or not.

... unless you program it to.

Dogs, I have 2 American Staffordshires, fabulous.
    That's a nice breed of dogs. I have a Belgian Tervuren.

[/QUOTE]
    Atheist. (Hope it's not "scary") Mogwai is just a demon. There was an old movie, forgotten it's name (maybe Gremlins), about a cuddly creature that multiplied and became a killer if you got water on it, the Chinese man who handed it over in his shop called it "mogwai".[/quote]

Ahh okay, I remember that movie! It was Gremlins. I think that you also couldn't feed them after midnight.

I?m already at the stage of just observing. Fortunately at the moment I?m free of any obvious stress but the fact I explode (inside) over small things indicates I?m not totally calm.
    It may help to do some introspection and pay attention to what you are saying to yourself about the event that you explode over. You may be able to change the outcome by changing your perspective on the event and you can do that by changing what you are saying to yourself.

For example: Machine jams. Typical response: "Stupid machine! I'm in a hurry and there it is jamming on me. Why does this always happen when I'm in a hurry." Resulting feelings: frustration

Alternative response: "Machine's jammed again ... well I guess it's time for a coffee break." or "Hmmm I wonder how fast I can fix it this time? Good thing I can fix it."

A perceptual shift will change your state of mind. If this interests you, then you can practice by taking anything that happens to you in a day and translate it in as many ways as possible. How many ways can you think about an event? How many different perspectives can you come up with? One perspective is from an observers position (if someone was watching you) or if you were outside your body watching you. Another is from a child's perspective, a dog's .... . It may sound dumb but it actually is an interesting experience because it gives you a working example of how we create our frames of mind (moods, responses, beliefs etc.) by our chosen perception of a thing or event. Make sense?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Is BWE Habit forming.

Marisa,

Wow slow responding.

Can you believe on one of the most agressive sites on the net I have around 4,000 posts!

Unfortunately I am in a period of resting from bloggging.

There's an error in the questionnaire: Question 7 has two "X"'s.

Strange that I can't picture things but I am visual 27, auditory 24 and audio digital 20. Mind you that fits with introverted.

What's curious is question 6., which I gave a 4 for appearance. To me that sounds shallow but the fact is I size people up by their looks (and I've been very accurate to date) so when I say appearence it was the way she looked at me and what I read in her face rather than beauty. If you saw her photo others would clearly disagree, but, for a time, she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

I couldn't be bothered talking with 99% of the models I see, to me they look hard and shallow and therefore basically ugly. Win a date with Claudia Schiffer? I'd be handing the prize to someone else as fast as I could, so "appearence" to me has a vastly different meaning to what others may perceive.

Here's something amusing, my father and I, many years ago, looked through a Miss world contestant book of around 90 faces. My father asked: "So who's your top 3?" We were identical in pick and order 1-3. It's pretty clear preference is genetic.

Thread Information