Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory Sessions & Info

1. Default Factory Sessions & Info

Hi there

The Factory Sessions thread is closed so I thought I'd create a new one here. I noticed the pdf summary of the 50 sessions. This was VERY helpful. I noticed that the document isn't quite finished. Any plans to finish it off please?

A quick question. Is there any reason why there are no sessions below 3Hz (besides one of the experimental ones?) Although 3Hz is good for falling asleep etc, there is a large amount of the Delta range between 0.5 and 3, and indeed the Epsilon range between 0.5 and 0.1, which could be used for Delta type entrainment, I would have thought. Of 50 sessions, I would have at least expected a couple to delve deeper into deep Delta entrainment. I can understand some people not digging it as anything around 1Hz or lower wouldn't produce very interesting visual effects for them, but that's not really the purpose in this specific instance, in my opinion. But still, I can create my own sessions of this ilk, assuming I get the upload to work lol

Cheers

Pat (www.health-spy.com)

Default Re: Factory Sessions & Info

Hi Pat,

Low delta is an interesting area. Below 2Hz it's very difficult to cause entrainment - it's simply not fast enough to activate the brain in the same way as higher frequencies. That said, other mechanisms make these frequencies useful for migraines, chronic pain, fibromyalgia and high blood pressure, accelerated growth/HGH release.

I'd be interested to know what your "purpose in this specific instance" is.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Default Re: Factory Sessions & Info

Hi Craig, thanks for the information. My particular application in increased hormone/neurotransmitter release and increased brain circulation, specifically for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Best, Pat

Good choice! My wife has had fabulous results with sub-delta for arthritis and non-specific pain. We've found audio only to be more useful for this than photic - the slow rate makes the flashing a distraction. Can't provide any first hand info on the other two.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Hi Health Spy,

Quote Originally Posted by Health-Spy View Post
    Hi Craig, thanks for the information. My particular application in increased hormone/neurotransmitter release and increased brain circulation, specifically for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Best, Pat
    Hormone and neurotransmitter release decrease at lower frequencies (those associated with sleep). In particular, serotonin, norepinephrine, acetycholine and histamine.

In the Delta range, the hormone released is the Human Growth Hormone as well as the body's natural opiates.

I think what you may want is to have your serotonin increased which occurs in the Alpha frequency.

To increase brain alertness, you also want to have more SMR in your session.

Delta is good for sleep, regeneration and pain reduction but you don't want to do delta sessions during the day time (unless you work night shifts) because Delta is normally suppressed during the day and you don't want to mess up your Circadian rhythms. A session that does have some intervals of Delta is okay. Not to mention, a delta session in the middle of the day will likely leave you feeling more tired and foggy than you were before the session. I do not believe this is what you need.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I would think reducing histamines would be ideal given that's related to the chronic pain in such conditions (that's why it's "triggered" by food sensitivies for example).

Can you point to any information regarding, in specific, the delta range and growth hormone? Thanks in advance.

Best,
    RC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedCairo View Post
    I would think reducing histamines would be ideal given that's related to the chronic pain in such conditions (that's why it's "triggered" by food sensitivies for example).

Can you point to any information regarding, in specific, the delta range and growth hormone? Thanks in advance.

Best,
    RC
    The problem(s) with these kinds of things is that if you target one thing to reduce it, it will likely affect something else. For example, in the Delta state production of histamine may be reduced but that same state also slows down the firing rates of other subcortical neurons such as serotonin & norepinephrine. Both of those levels need to be higher for pain management, not lower.

You could just take an antihistamine however, I have my doubts that this would be useful for pain management.

The point that I'm stressing is that it may be more helpful to work with your body's natural rhythms and supplement them with AVS accordingly. So I'm saying, yes, use a delta program and you may find it very helpful and even more effective if you use the program at night before you go to sleep.

If you use a delta program during waking times because "delta" is an unnatural dominant wave during the day time, your brain may not follow or entrain to the delta frequencies and if it does, it may only do so fleetingly but likely not long enough to trigger or inhibit chemistry.

That is actually a good thing as delta is a natural state for sleep but it's prescience during wakefulness is also the hallmark of brain damage. Just to clarify, delta doesn't cause brain damage - it's presence (at the wrong time) is the red flag that says there is a problem.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hmmn. Thanks, that's very interesting (re the Delta). I had some experience with that (combining conscious work and deep delta together, repeatedly), and having seeming side effects of a whole "frequency bandwidth of reality that is not supposed to be perceived while awake" is how I'd put it. About a dozen years ago. It passed, but then my work in that state passed so that might be why. I wouldn't consider it brain damage in my case but it certainly took some getting used to. You have to learn to ignore things "not supposed to be in this reality" when other people are looking or it won't end well. I've never been into drugs, never medicated beyond antibiotic when ill, my brain apparently just didn't need drugs for some highly... atypical, and sometimes esoteric, experiences. Been a long time since, though.

Do you know of any refs re: the HGH generation for Delta? I do know this is correlated with delta "in general" -- about what, 3 hours after falling asleep, if carbohydrate intake isn't too high the hour or two before bedtime, this from the bodybuilding and lowcarb worlds is where I heard about it -- but I was unaware that there was any evidence for HGH actually being generated by, for example, a deep state of delta brought on by this kind of tech. The reason I wonder is because of the length of time in sleep required before it secretes, from what I've heard already; I don't know many who do 3-3.5 hours of solid lightsoundmachine exercises.

Best,
    RC (PJ)

I don't know how accurate this is, but I found a reference to the delta HGH I'd been wondering about in a few charts. Basically:

(frequencies)
    1.00 Feeling of well-being, pituitary stimulation to release growth hormone; overall view of inter-relationships; harmony & balance [MB]
    1.05 Helps hair grow + get its color back [RA]; pituitary stimulation to release growth hormone (helps develop muscle, recover from injuries, rejuvenation effects) [HSW]
    fwiw.

10. Default Re: Factory Sessions & Info

Hi Marisa, thank you for the information. I had suspected/read as much but had overlooked this by focussing too narrowly.

Just a quick question - Gamma frequency - whilst not readily entrained - is there an optimal time of day to entrain/stimulate Gamma?

Many thanks.

Best

Pat

www.Health-Spy.com

Thread Information