Thread: Paraliminal CD's (dual induction)

Question Paraliminal CD's (dual induction)

Hi All,

Looking for information on commercial CDs that are presented in this way(Paraliminal/Dual Induction). I can only find CDs made by Paul Scheele. These are rather expensive. Does anyone else make these types of programs? Also is this method effective?

Thanks for any and all input.
    With Love
    Charles M

Default Re: Paraliminal CD's (dual induction)

"Paraliminal" is Paul Scheele's thing, his registered trademark. There's a few others that use the technique, such as http://www.hypnosis4change.com/shop-online without using the word "Paraliminal".

Transparent Corp's Neuroprogrammer 2 has specific support for creating dual induction sessions, and includes a sample script. There's been a few discussions on their forum about single vs dual induction and the jury is out on relative effectiveness.

For me the big thing weighing against dual induction is that I'm unconvinced that there is a sufficiently distinct left brain/right brain localisation of analytical and emotional processing to make targeted suggestions useful. If, however, the suggestions alternate between ears, as is done with some systems, the whole point of asymmetrical suggestions is lost.

Responsiveness to hypnosis seems to be a very personal thing and I'm inclined to believe that prerecorded one-size-fits-all strategies are less likely to be effective than sessions tailored to the specific needs of an individual, whether by writing your own sessions or by face-to-face with a trained practitioner.

Most websites promoting hypnosis CDs have the characteristic format of the hard sell by testimonial and fear. I have made the mistake of downloading samples from several sites, only to be inundated by a barrrage of "why haven't you purchased yet/still not convinced/this is the real deal" emails. Personally I have never known anyone who has had success with a hypnosis CD, however I have heard many happy stories from people who just use AVS for relaxation, stimulation and as a safe environment for introspection and change.

Ultimately I don't like the thought of letting just anyone mess in my head while I'm in a suggestible/vulnerable state.

Good luck, and I'll look forward to hearing how you get on.

Cheers,
    Craig

Well, I hate having an opinion based on little more than hearsay, so shortly after I made the last post I decided to try a dual induction CD. I chose one from Dr Lloyd Glauberman's Hypno-Peripheral Processing series, consisting of 4 distinct sessions.

Well, first of all, the quality is great and they are really enjoyable to listen to. The sensation of distinct stories being presented from left and right, with the occasional crossover of common words is most strange. The stories include the statement that only my subconscious will understand the message, and I've got to say, this is absolutely correct in terms of my conscious not understanding it.

Unfortunately that gets me to the point I've arrived at with a number of things I've looked at or tried. I'm not a "new-ager", I don't subscribe to the vast majority of "new-age" conceptions and I do not identify with "new-age" lingo. There is so much content in these sessions that triggers my "aaargh new-age" response that I'm forever brought back to "active listening".

The other, more disturbing aspect to this is that because I don't understand the message at a conscious level - they just sound like rather strange fairytales - I really don't know what values or ideals are being conveyed to my subconcious. Sure, I know the intent of the CD, but there's many ways to achieve a particular result, and a key part of my rejection of "new-age" stems from having much to do with people using "new-age" strategies - I do not wish to do as they do, or be as they are.

So, it was interesting. I don't know how many different products I would have to try before I could generalise, but I think I will not be going any further down the hypnosis/NLP track. I'm very happy with my own strategy of self-guided meditation and goal-focussed contemplation.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thanks CraigT for the input . If that series you metioned is downloadable could you send it my way. I'll give it a try and post my experience.

Thanks,
    CharlesM

Hi Charles,

I purchased it from http://www.mindperk.com/Glauberman.htm.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information