Thread: Sessions for aiding revision.

Default Sessions for aiding revision.

Hi everyone,

I have been observing the various topics in the forum for the last few months, most of which could help me with any problems that I encountered with my Procyon but now with important exams nearing closer in the next few weeks I was wondering if anyone could recommend sessions? Obviously I am drawn to sessions 1-8, but how should I use them, should I use the session before I learn and after I learn, use it while I am learning but not wear the earphones or any other possibility? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jon

p.s. The Procyon rocks.. And was it named after the star?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sessions for aiding revision.

Hi Jon,

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzky View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been observing the various topics in the forum for the last few months, most of which could help me with any problems that I encountered with my Procyon but now with important exams nearing closer in the next few weeks I was wondering if anyone could recommend sessions? Obviously I am drawn to sessions 1-8, but how should I use them, should I use the session before I learn and after I learn, use it while I am learning but not wear the earphones or any other possibility? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jon

p.s. The Procyon rocks.. And was it named after the star?
    Yes, it was named after the star.

Okay, study plan. It should take about an hour and here's what you do.

1. Begin with Program 5 (Lights and Sound) - this gives you 10 minutes to relax and prepare your mind and body for the study session.

2. Once you are finished with P - 5, Switch to Program 8 (It's a SMR program which will put your mind into a higher cognitive state - which is a good state for reviewing material. Use just the sound (no lights) while you are doing this.

3. No sound or lights - pick an object in a room where there is no one around or pick someone who is studying the same stuff as you and teach him what you just studied. What's important here is that you are able to repeat the information you just learned and in doing this, you will know which material you need to work on further.

4. Review the material you were weak on. Explain it to yourself why it's important and relevant to the course. (You don't need sound and light for this but if you want, you can use the headphones only on Program 5.

5. By now you need a break and your brain needs to process the information so, relax and put lights and sound on and use either program 2 or 4. Two is 15 min and four is 35 minutes.

Other important things to do and have.

If you are going to continue on with the studying after this session, take a break, go outside or somewhere where you can get a bit of exercise. You need the blood flowing through your body.

Drink water, tea or coffee (moderate the coffee to a couple of cups). Stay away from energy drinks that contain caffeine, the ones that have vitamins are okay. Caffeine is good to wake up the brain in small doses, too much caffeine and you just get too hyper - and you will not be able to study. We don't process information very well when we feel anxious or stressed. Avoid doing any drugs such as marijuana because one of the side effects of that drug is short term memory loss - it would make studying a waste of time. Same applies for alcohol.

Most important - make sure you get good sleep because your brain doesn't work very well when it's tired and it will be more difficult to remember what you studied.

The day of the test, do a quick session (lights and sound in P6). It's only 15 minutes but it will get you pumped and ready for the test.

Finally, while you are studying, do not let anyone or anything interrupt you. We lose information almost instantly if we get distracted or interrupted.

Hope this helps and please try it for a couple of days and see how it works. Let me know if there are any problems and we'll modify the program.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Talking Re: Sessions for aiding revision.

Marisa,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response . I will try this for a few days and post how it goes.

Thanks again,
    Jon

4. Default Re: Sessions for aiding revision.

This is a great study plan, thank you Marisa!
    But one question still arises, what do we use programme #3 that goes for 60 min. learning session, and maybe somebody tried it and can comment in this forum.
    Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sessions for aiding revision.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirill_Shaman View Post
    This is a great study plan, thank you Marisa!
    But one question still arises, what do we use programme #3 that goes for 60 min. learning session, and maybe somebody tried it and can comment in this forum.
    Thanks in advance.
    It's just a different length of time for those that want a longer session. Some brains want more time to process what they have learned.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information