Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus

Blog Entries

Default Re: tinitus

Quote Originally Posted by peter rankin View Post
    Sorry to keep posting and asking for help. I have had my proteus for two weeks only and I am exploring possabilities. Is there a programme that can help with tinitus or am I asking to much from my machine. CAN ANYONE HELP? thanks. p.r.
    Hi Peter,

The key to tinnitus is masking the ringing sound and therefore any of the programs that you like will work. During the day, if you are working at your desk, you can use just the sound (not lights) of your Proteus. Choose a program in the Learning section or download the programs that I have attached. I set these programs up, specifically for the sound and targeting focus and concentration (mostly SMR).

Let me know how this works for you.

P.S. Please feel free to ask as many questions as often as you want. This is what we are here for.

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Tinnitus

marisa thanks for your reply on tinitus I have downloaded your files and will keep you posted, If I could turn down the volume in my ears just a little it would be a bonus. thanks again. peter.

thanx to everyone that posted replys on tinnitus it is a great help. peter.

One thing I have found helpful is massage of the neck and back of the head. We are hunched over way too much and this pulls the membrane which surrounds the brain, in an unnatural way. So if can relax those tensed muscles and make the head move more upright and unrestricted, the membrane is released reducing the tinnitus. I am working on this right now and it seems to be helping.

thanx for the tip I will try that, at the moment I am using programme 11 on my proteus machine in the hope that can help, I have had tinnitus for over twenty years it drives me to distraction at times so any advise is appreciated, for that reason this site has been great some good people on here.

marisa sorry but I cannot open your files re tinnitus I have windows 7 what am I doing wrong?

Blog Entries

Hi Peter;

These are Proteus Sessions. You need to open them with the Proteus Editor. If you haven't used that it's available here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm.

Please download and read the editor manual as well. If you run into any difficulties with the editor, please start a new thread in the Proteus forum.

-Andy.

Hi Crisilton, I?ve heard that Ginkgo Biloba the herb can alleviate tinnitus. If you do go down the herbal root, give it a chance for Ginko Biloba takes a few months to take effect. It works by increasing the blood flow to the capillaries in your ear, and any other part of your body. It is also very good if you suffer from cold hands and feet in the winter months. There is also a side affect ? it will boost your mental skills.

The three main things that will aggravate tinnitus are smoking (particularly cannabis), and drinking alcohol and coffee.

9. Default Re: Tinnititus

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Light and sound isn't used to treat Tinnitus, at least not directly, because it is not a problem that relates to your brainwaves so changing a dominant frequency isn't going to do anything. Having said that, any of the programs will likely mask the tinnitus and a relaxation program may give you a break from it and thus give you some relief (indirectly).

From what I could find on the subject - biofeedback and AVS (light and sound) are helpful in that they can help a person relax and the more relaxed you are, the less the tinnitus will bother you or the more relaxed you are, the more able you are of coping with tinnitus.

Hypnotherapy/NLP may be worth looking into. The Hypnotherapist can give you suggestions that can turn down the volume on the ringing you hear or perceive. There is also a few other things that an NLP practitioner can do that may also be helpful. If you can, find a Hypnotherapist that is also a certified NLP practitioner. It may cost a bit of money but you'll get the best results with someone who is skilled in both.

M.
    There is no known "treatment" for tinnitus.

Masking, sound therapy and relaxation using your Proteus or similar is your best bet.

In my opinion, Hypnotherapy/NLP is bunk.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tinnititus

Quote Originally Posted by mftinvermont View Post
    There is no known "treatment" for tinnitus.

Masking, sound therapy and relaxation using your Proteus or similar is your best bet.
    Hmmm well that would make it a "treatment". Perhaps you meant there is no cure?

In my opinion, Hypnotherapy/NLP is bunk.
    I think such a big statement should come with a reason.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information