Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus

Default Tinnitus

Does anyone know what frequencies or programs would work to treat ringing in the ears please?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tinnititus

Quote Originally Posted by crisilton View Post
    Does anyone know what frequencies or programs would work to treat ringing in the ears please?
    Light and sound isn't used to treat Tinnitus, at least not directly, because it is not a problem that relates to your brainwaves so changing a dominant frequency isn't going to do anything. Having said that, any of the programs will likely mask the tinnitus and a relaxation program may give you a break from it and thus give you some relief (indirectly).

From what I could find on the subject - biofeedback and AVS (light and sound) are helpful in that they can help a person relax and the more relaxed you are, the less the tinnitus will bother you or the more relaxed you are, the more able you are of coping with tinnitus.

Hypnotherapy/NLP may be worth looking into. The Hypnotherapist can give you suggestions that can turn down the volume on the ringing you hear or perceive. There is also a few other things that an NLP practitioner can do that may also be helpful. If you can, find a Hypnotherapist that is also a certified NLP practitioner. It may cost a bit of money but you'll get the best results with someone who is skilled in both.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks Marisa, I have some more information I will have to dig around for on this.

Relaxation training does wonders! It wasn't an intended effect, but since I've been using entrainment, particularly alpha, regularly the tinnitus that I've learned to live with has reduced in volume significantly, and my right jaw which seems to have TMJS is barely ever noticeable.

Use of biofeedback, such as the Thoughtstream, can really help in targetting muscle relaxation.

Cheers,
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    Relaxation training does wonders! It wasn't an intended effect, but since I've been using entrainment, particularly alpha, regularly the tinnitus that I've learned to live with has reduced in volume significantly, and my right jaw which seems to have TMJS is barely ever noticeable.

Use of biofeedback, such as the Thoughtstream, can really help in targetting muscle relaxation.

Cheers,
    Craig

In the past I suffered from pretty bad tinnitus (loud high pitched humming noises for me). I had seen a number of ear/throat Doctors but nothing they did for me seemed to help. About 6-7 years ago I got a Proteus and started using the relaxation program (#11 - 60 min meditation) every morning when I woke up (set my alarm ~60 min ahead of when I normally got up) and after about 3 months, no more Tinnitus!

During that time I also found a little trick that worked helped me get to sleep faster. I got some hard waxy self-molding earplugs (something like beeswax would also probably work) from my local Pharmacy and found that by having a little pressure in my ear channel this seemed to lower my Tinintus volume level significantly.

Hope this helps and I hope you find a solution to this problem.

Best cheers,
    TomC

I visited Dr Jonathan Walker in Dallas last year for treatment for head injuries following being hit by a car while on my bicycle, and he suggested some QEEG-neurofeedback audio visual frequencies that would help or indeed cure tinnitus. I will have to see if I can find his notes and then figure out what Procyon programs would match. He was confident that QEEG would cure all. Not sure if this treatment is the same as AVS, but my initial reaction is positive and that AVS is indeed identical or at least very similar. The sessions with my Calgary based Doctor who recommended Dr Walker were $100 an hour and I needed an initial treatment of 30 sessions followed up by a reassessment by Dr Walker. If the effects are similar, needless to say the Procyon will save me a bunch of money and is perhaps more effective? For Dr Walker's papers please see http://www.neurotherapydallas.com/in...142&Itemid=211 (:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tinnitus

I wonder if Biofeedback would be more helpful for than AVS. I've seen write ups about it in some of my books. I don't think it's so much about changing the brainwaves as it is to learning how to minimize what you hear.

"Several studies and case reports suggest that relaxation and EMG biofeedback can at least reduce the subjective disturbance and annoyance resulting from tinnitus. Some reports suggest that these treatments may reduce the severity or loudness of the tinnitus, although this is much less clear. The methodological flaws in some of the studies are serious. ... Increasing physiological self-regulation of striated head muscles and ANS arousal may provide patients with a better sense of control. It can also help them focus their attention away from the tinnitus. However, we do not know whether relaxation and biofeedback have any direct effect on the physiological mechanisms of tinnitus." Pg. 765, Biofeedback: A Practitioner's Guide by Mark Schwartz & Frank Andrasik

A good Hypnotherapist/NLP Practitioner can induce a hypnotic trance and make it so that you associate the ringing with feelings of joy or peace and tranquility. If you can't structurally change the tinnitus, then you can (with the right help) change how you respond to it. If you choose to go this route, find a **certified*** Master Practitioner in NLP, they will also know hypnosis. Someone who is just a hypnotist, without the NLP, may produce results but does not have as many change tools and options as the NLP Practitioner.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

There seems to be an new cure for tinnitus. scientists in j?lich/germany fond a technique to ease pain permanently. patients are listening to acustic signals, which are adapted to the tinnitus frequency. this way, the synchronization of nerv cells shall be reoriented.
    they say, that there will be a device on the market next year.

it's german, but there is an email given too:
    http://www.fz-juelich.de/portal/inde...=707&index=163

Aurelius

Default Re: Tinnitus

Thank you for the link, I have emailed them requesting a translation. Will keep you posted. I have also corrected the title spelling. (:

Default tinnitus

Sorry to keep posting and asking for help. I have had my proteus for two weeks only and I am exploring possabilities. Is there a programme that can help with tinitus or am I asking to much from my machine. CAN ANYONE HELP? thanks. p.r.

Thread Information