Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procyon First Impressions

1. Default Re: Procyon First Impressions

Well into the start of week three and still going strong. Took the Procyon to work to do my sheathing mod on the glasses and earphone cables (see CraigT's thread at http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=4532#post4532 ) as I didn't have a heat gun to shrink the tubing at home. That's changed now as I picked one up for the home yesterday that was on sale at Harbor Freight. Showed the device to a couple of coworkers and they were impressed. One even asked me for the URL from where I bought it. I gave him the MindPlace URL, so they may have another customer soon.

I have got to stop using this device with my hypnosis tracks. I listened to one today called "Trim & Sexy (for Men)," while running visualization session #45. Immediately after the session, I was up and exercising. Not only did I do a thirty minute DVD exercise routine with my Steel Bow (similar to the classic Bullworker), I then took an hour walk, my first in two months. If I keep this up, I may become mentally and physically fit.

So no regrets, no buyer's remorse in getting my Procyon. It has lived up to or exceeded expectations so far. My only problem is finding time during the day to do a session or two other than when I go to bed at night. And I still haven't taken the time to check out the software for custom programming or making Synchromuse CDs.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Interdimensional_Playboy View Post
    Well into the start of week three and still going strong. Took the Procyon to work to do my sheathing mod on the glasses and earphone cables (see CraigT's thread at http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=4532#post4532 ) as I didn't have a heat gun to shrink the tubing at home. That's changed now as I picked one up for the home yesterday that was on sale at Harbor Freight. Showed the device to a couple of coworkers and they were impressed. One even asked me for the URL from where I bought it. I gave him the MindPlace URL, so they may have another customer soon.
    I'm sure MP appreciates the referral.

I have got to stop using this device with my hypnosis tracks. I listened to one today called "Trim & Sexy (for Men)," while running visualization session #45. Immediately after the session, I was up and exercising. Not only did I do a thirty minute DVD exercise routine with my Steel Bow (similar to the classic Bullworker), I then took an hour walk, my first in two months. If I keep this up, I may become mentally and physically fit.
    Not to mention that you may end up "Trim and Sexy".

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Procyon First Impressions

Just checking in to report that I've just had my most intense session with the Procyon yet. I used #17, "Regeneration 45." Did two different meditations while in session, alleged to remove karma. Both involve chanting along with the track in (I think) the East Indian Tamil language.

I don't know about "Regeneration," but the "Tranquility" category is spot on. Half hour later and I'm still in slow motion. Almost feel like I'm moving through thick oil, sure glad I don't have to drive anywhere. Typing is a chore.

It's similar to how I felt after taking a day long Grace Light intensive last year. After several hours of group meditation, I had to drive from La Jolla, California, back to where I was staying in San Diego, about a 20 minute drive. I was sure glad to get back to the motel and veg out for the rest of the night. I will definitely be doing this one again, though I think I'll stick to the Rejuvenation presets, #s 36 or 37 for my morning meditations before work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    I will ask Janice if she has any spare manuals and can send you one from their U.S. office. Please let me know if you do not recieve one within two weeks.

M.
    Got the manual in the mail today, thanks for your help Marisa! Tell Janice "thank you" too.

Now a minor (so far) complaint with the unit. Monday morning, the lights dropped out a couple of times, which I found was due to a loose connector. I had to take an X-Acto knife and gently bend the metal tab on the connector and also the receptacle to make it fit tighter. No more dropouts, but it still seem looser than I'd like. I've mentioned before that the glasses cable on my old unit was the major point of failure and the unusual connector on the Procyon scares me a little. I'm planning to get a couple of spare cables when funds are available but for the next generation of AVS machines, I'd like to see a connector that fits a little more securely in the unit.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Interdimensional_Playboy View Post
    Now a minor (so far) complaint with the unit. Monday morning, the lights dropped out a couple of times, which I found was due to a loose connector. I had to take an X-Acto knife and gently bend the metal tab on the connector and also the receptacle to make it fit tighter. No more dropouts, but it still seem looser than I'd like. I've mentioned before that the glasses cable on my old unit was the major point of failure and the unusual connector on the Procyon scares me a little. I'm planning to get a couple of spare cables when funds are available but for the next generation of AVS machines, I'd like to see a connector that fits a little more securely in the unit.
    I will pass this information on to Mindplace. Thanks for letting us know about it.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information