Thread: AC adaptor specs?

1. Question AC adaptor specs?

What are the AC adaptor specs? I used one with the following specs:
    Input: 110-240V 50-60Hz
    Output: 7.5V 300mA
    The problem is that, when on the AC adaptor, Proteus switches to download mode and freezes on it. It won't switch to any other mode. After i get back on batteries it still stays on download mode, the only way to ghet it back to work is to switch the power button on/off a few times..
    Any idea why this happens?

Blog Entries

Default Re: AC adaptor specs?

Here's a thread about the adapter: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=1872#post1872

If it's not the original adapter, there's a good chance that it's not putting out the correct voltage, or has the polarity wrong.
    The original adapter is not 110-240v, there are 2 different adapters, one for 120v, one for 230/240v.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: AC adaptor specs?

Thanks for the fast replay Andy. The polarity is correct (center negative), but i will check the voltage with a voltmeter to see if the output is correct(7.5V).

4. Default Re: AC adaptor specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelotti View Post
    After i get back on batteries it still stays on download mode, the only way to ghet it back to work is to switch the power button on/off a few times..
    Any idea why this happens?
    I had this problem too, but it doesn't seem related to the batteries as I have a MIndplace powersupply. I think its due to dirt in the push button contacts.

I had the problem badly a few years ago. The unit was switching to DL mode in the middle of an audiostrobe session, or locking in DL when I switched it on. I pulled the Procyon apart and cleaned the push button channel and blew compressed air into the button. It fixed the problem completely. It cropped up again a year ago but righted itself.

Self servicing is not recommended but I thought I'd have a go as it was a long way to send back from Australia.

Mark

5. Default Re: AC adaptor specs?

Mark, you seem to be right about it, since i got it to work with my adaptor by slideing the power button on/off couple of times, just like i did when i switched to batteries after my first attempt with the adaptor. I don't mind doing this every time i change from batteries to AC adaptor, as long as it happens only during startup. Thanks.

6. Default Re: AC adaptor specs?

Good to hear you have a fix. With my unit it was the mode button that had the problem, this is the one that seemed to make it default to DL mode.

Mark

Blog Entries

Default Re: AC adaptor specs?

FYI - If any buttons are pressed when the console powers up, it will flash dL to show you that there's a problem. Make sure that you don't have any sticky buttons as Mark says.

Thread Information