Thread: Excited About Procyon

1. Default Excited About Procyon

Hello, I just ordered a Procyon last week and am excited for it's arrival. Unfortunately, I didn't realize they were available from Mind Place until after I ordered it from a reseller. I found Mind Place after downloading the manual from another site. I wish I had ordered my Procyon directly from the source as I purchased my unit online Tuesday and as of today, Sunday, their websit shows it has not been shipped yet. (And they charged me $34.31 for regular UPS shipping! ) Oh well, good things come to those who wait.

In the meantime, I've been exploring this forum and have just ordered three Audiostrobe CDs from Mind Place, "Journey of the Drums," "Dreams in the Mind's Eye," and "Tibetan Highlands."

A bit of a backround on myself. I am an electronic technician and have been working in the business for 24 years now. I've always had an interest in the metaphysical and self-improvment. My first and only experience with L/S machines was way back when I bought a (please don't throw stones) Zygon Supermind. I was going through some personal problems and also trying to quit smoking pot at the time. I used the Supermind to augment self-hypnosis tapes and actually saw some results.

With the programming limited to a handful of presets and my glasses patched together several times, I abandoned the machine after a few years as I got into meditation. I still meditate and use self hypnosis. In fact, I have helped a friend produce some hypnosis CDs for sale in her business which I'm pretty proud of for a first attempt at something on that scale.

I think everyone's feeling the effects of the economy and out inept rulers. It seems like we're losing more of our freedom every day and frankly, I don't see that changing with the new regime in power now. Stress levels are going up and I started smoking again a few months ago as a release. Two month later, drastic changes are happening at work and they are implementing a random urine test policy.

So anyway, I looked back to see where my most rapid progress happened and it started when I was using the Supermind. I knew from the Mind-L Yahoo list when I was reading it regularly that it was an inferior unit and besides, I knew that L/S technology had advanced drastically since the early 1990s. After a bit of deliberation, I ordered a Procyon. I was attracted to the fact that you can write custom programs for it and I am really interested in making some SynchroMuse tracks once I'm familiar with the unit.

My intended uses for the Procyon is to augment my hypnosis recording collection and my meditation/enlightenment/manifestations. I also intend to use it for entertainment, relaxation, and a substitution for unapproved herbs. I have several hypnosis and guided meditation tracks that I am really looking forward to listening to with the Procyon. I'm also looking forward to participating at this forum and reading posts from the experienced users here.

Default Re: Excited About Procyon

Welcome aboard!!!

I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with your new beastie, and that it will be great for all your purposes.

Let us know what you think when it arrives, and feel free to dive in with any questions or great ideas you might have.

You'll find a good number of people here who share your particular interests and are always ready for a discussion/debate.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Playboy,

Quote Originally Posted by Interdimensional_Playboy View Post
    Hello, I just ordered a Procyon last week and am excited for it's arrival. Unfortunately, I didn't realize they were available from Mind Place until after I ordered it from a reseller. I found Mind Place after downloading the manual from another site. I wish I had ordered my Procyon directly from the source as I purchased my unit online Tuesday and as of today, Sunday, their websit shows it has not been shipped yet. (And they charged me $34.31 for regular UPS shipping! ) Oh well, good things come to those who wait.
    Ouch. Are you in the U.S.?

In the meantime, I've been exploring this forum and have just ordered three Audiostrobe CDs from Mind Place, "Journey of the Drums," "Dreams in the Mind's Eye," and "Tibetan Highlands."
    Very popular titles. I think you'll enjoy them.

A bit of a backround on myself. I am an electronic technician and have been working in the business for 24 years now. I've always had an interest in the metaphysical and self-improvment. My first and only experience with L/S machines was way back when I bought a (please don't throw stones) Zygon Supermind. I was going through some personal problems and also trying to quit smoking pot at the time. I used the Supermind to augment self-hypnosis tapes and actually saw some results.
    Alright, we won't hold the Zygon experience against you .... traitor. Ha ha just kidding. It's good to see that you have previous experience with the technology and you will be pleasantly surprised to see how the technology has evolved.

I still meditate and use self hypnosis. In fact, I have helped a friend produce some hypnosis CDs for sale in her business which I'm pretty proud of for a first attempt at something on that scale.
    Way to go. That's quite a big accomplishment!

I think everyone's feeling the effects of the economy and out inept rulers. It seems like we're losing more of our freedom every day and frankly, I don't see that changing with the new regime in power now. Stress levels are going up and I started smoking again a few months ago as a release. Two month later, drastic changes are happening at work and they are implementing a random urine test policy.
    It's really important right now, especially while things are rough, to focus on what you want to accomplish rather than on what is. This is really important because it attacks the root of your stress. The machine will help your brain relax, changing how you think about things will help maintain that level.

Drug test for tobacco or are you smoking something else? Either way, neither is good for your brain.

My intended uses for the Procyon is to augment my hypnosis recording collection and my meditation/enlightenment/manifestations. I also intend to use it for entertainment, relaxation, and a substitution for unapproved herbs. I have several hypnosis and guided meditation tracks that I am really looking forward to listening to with the Procyon. I'm also looking forward to participating at this forum and reading posts from the experienced users here.
    You may also want to look into Transparent Corp's Neuro Programmer programs which allows you to create your own hypnosis audio strobe or Synchromuse cds with embedded entrainment. Craig, on this forum, is the guy to talk to about that. I believe he found a way to make Synchromuse work with NP2.

We look forward to reading more about your thoughts and experiences. Welcome!

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default Re: Excited About Procyon

Thanks Marisa and CraigT for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Ouch. Are you in the U.S.?
    Yes, Arizona. I ordered from Enlightened Enterprises as that was the first vendor I found offering the Procyon under $300. Guess I should have shopped around more. I wonder if he's a reshipper and the cost of shipping the unit to him first is included in my shipping costs. If he didn't carry stock would explain why the unit hasn't shipped yet too. There's no info on the website about where they're located either. I'm not going to complain too much yet though, as I did get a free ebook, "Awakening Mind 1," which looks like it has some useful information. I downloaded the Procyon manual from another website after I placed my order at EE.

I'm like a kid when it comes to mail order. I don't want to spring for express shipping but at the same time I get impatient for my package to arrive. Still, $30+ seems quite high for something that looks like a small package traveling by UPS ground.

Way to go. That's quite a big accomplishment!
    I think they turned out pretty good considering that we recorded the scripts on a portable digital recorder and I then edited and mixed them with music using Audacity. I used to use Sound Forge but my version wasn't compatable with my computer after I upgraded to XP. Audacity is much easier to use and the best thing, it's free. Sound Forge would have cost me several hundred dollars to upgrade.

It's really important right now, especially while things are rough, to focus on what you want to accomplish rather than on what is. This is really important because it attacks the root of your stress. The machine will help your brain relax, changing how you think about things will help maintain that level.
    I know this but there is so much negativity in both the news and at work that it's so easy to join right in. I listen to Abraham CDs and he says that whatever you focus your attention on gets you more of the same. I know the Zygon unit helped me change my thinking habits back in its day so I expect the Procyon to be at least as effective if not more so.

Drug test for tobacco or are you smoking something else? Either way, neither is good for your brain.
    Not tobacco. This isn't something I do on a regular basis anymore, but after the last few months and seeing my 401(k) disappear, and running into the opportunity to buy a couple of month's supply, I went for it. I used to follow the adage of the Furry Freak Brothers' Freewheeling Franklin, "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." When I do smoke it, I get lazy(er) and stupid, my lungs suffer after a while, and I know it's been detrimental to my life's progress. I just resent the fact that I'm being forced to quit instead of through my own choice, so I'm having a harder time with not smoking than usual. They even told us we were lucky to have jobs right now when they announced the various poilcy changes that went into affect the first of this month.

Since my meditation teacher is from India, there is a lot of the Hindu mythology included in the teachings. So I'm trying to look at this as an obstacle in my life that Ganesha is removing. Anyway, my Zygon unit was an effective substitute for smoking so one reason I ordered the Procyon is for altered state entertainment while keeping a clear head and healthier body.

I realize that I'm numbing myself when I smoke and I heard a good analogy from Abraham a couple of weeks ago. He said that you don't shoot your hand full of novocane so you can place it on a red hot stove. I hadn't thought about it like that.

You may also want to look into Transparent Corp's Neuro Programmer programs which allows you to create your own hypnosis audio strobe or Synchromuse cds with embedded entrainment. Craig, on this forum, is the guy to talk to about that. I believe he found a way to make Synchromuse work with NP2.
    Thanks for the tip. What I saw with the software that Mind Place offers, it looks a bit difficult to use. I think I did read a thread about the NP2 program last night. Anyway, that's down the line a bit. Receiving the unit and familarization with it's functions is first on the agenda. From what I've seen in the manual, I have quite a bit to keep my hands full for awhile.

We look forward to reading more about your thoughts and experiences. Welcome!

M.
    Thanks again to you and CraigT for the welcome. I'm looking forward to giving my input on the Procyon once I finally get to play with it.
    Last edited by Interdimensional_Playboy; 03-29-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Blog Entries

Yes, Arizona. I ordered from Enlightened Enterprises as that was the first vendor I found offering the Procyon under $300. Guess I should have shopped around more.
    Retailers are allowed to set their own prices on the machines, providing they do not sell below the SRP, and shipping .... so ya, it does pay to shop around sometimes.

I wonder if he's a reshipper and the cost of shipping the unit to him first is included in my shipping costs. If he didn't carry stock would explain why the unit hasn't shipped yet too. There's no info on the website about where they're located either. I'm not going to complain too much yet though, as I did get a free ebook, "Awakening Mind 1," which looks like it has some useful information. I downloaded the Procyon manual from another website after I placed my order at EE.
    If you live in Yuma, then your machine went out on Friday. If this is you, you can PM me and I'll give you the tracking number for your shipment.

No, I'm not psychic ...

I import all of the stock for North America and so everything comes from Canada. The retailers do have the option to carry stock but some of them prefer the "drop ship" method. If they carry the stock, it still comes from me but it goes directly to them. All good things come out of Canada.

I'm like a kid when it comes to mail order. I don't want to spring for express shipping but at the same time I get impatient for my package to arrive. Still, $30+ seems quite high for something that looks like a small package traveling by UPS ground.
    Hmmm I see a life lesson here ....

BTW, If you wish to get hold of Enlightened Enterprises and can't find their contact information, please send me a PM and I'll find it for you.

I know this but there is so much negativity in both the news and at work that it's so easy to join right in. I listen to Abraham CDs and he says that whatever you focus your attention on gets you more of the same. I know the Zygon unit helped me change my thinking habits back in its day so I expect the Procyon to be at least as effective if not more so.
    Abraham is right. In that sense, you do create your own perception reality. You see examples of it all around you. There are people who have undergone horrendous things and yet they are happy and productive. How do they do it? They choose their attitude. You see other people who have experienced horrendous things as well and they do poorly - they don't recover. Why? They choose their attitude.

Give yourself a break and get away from the negativity. Walk away from people who have nothing better to do than complain about their life or the world. Nothing good comes from being part of that crowd .. they'll just drive you to drink ... or smoke.

Not tobacco. This isn't something I do on a regular basis anymore, but after the last few months and seeing my 401(k) disappear, and running into the opportunity to buy a couple of month's supply, I went for it. I used to follow the adage of the Furry Freak Brothers' Freewheeling Franklin, "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." When I do smoke it, I get lazy(er) and stupid, my lungs suffer after a while, and I know it's been detrimental to my life's progress.
    No lecture needed here.

I just resent the fact that I'm being forced to quit instead of through my own choice, so I'm having a harder time with not smoking than usual.
    That is perception. You could choose to look at it another way: The drug testing is actually a "blessing" because it has provided you with an opportunity to remind yourself how detrimental dope is to your life's progress.

They even told us we were lucky to have jobs right now when they announced the various poilcy changes that went into affect the first of this month.
    At the moment they may be right. That doesn't stop you from looking for a different job if you no longer like this one. Just make sure you find the new job before you quit the old one.

Since my meditation teacher is from India, there is a lot of the Hindu mythology included in the teachings. So I'm trying to look at this as an obstacle in my life that Ganesha is removing. Anyway, my Zygon unit was an effective substitute for smoking so one reason I ordered the Procyon is for altered state entertainment while keeping a clear head and healthier body.
    A clear head and healthy body is always a good thing. While an obstacle can throw anyone into the abyss, the way out is always a change of perspective.

I realize that I'm numbing myself when I smoke and I heard a good analogy from Abraham a couple of weeks ago. He said that you don't shoot your hand full of novocane so you can place it on a red hot stove. I hadn't thought about it like that.
    I'm liking this Abraham more and more. That's exactly what I mean about perception/perspective!

Thanks again to you and CraigT for the welcome. I'm looking forward to giving my input on the Procyon once I finally get to play with it.
    You should have your machine this week. I look forward to your feedback.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Playboy,
    I recently purchased a Procyon and I am very happy that I did, I hope you enjoy it half as much as I do mine. In fact I recently attained a level of meditation that I did not think was possible for some time. The best part is, I was not even trying to meditate in the classic sense. I had my own music playing and just drifted off and had a very profound experience. I have been experimenting like a madman since trying to replicate the session but have not been able to reach that sweet spot again, yet.

I am sorry to hear about your job, I can relate. I lost a job in the past because I chose to partake in nature's prescription. The good news is, the Night Voyage sessions on your new Procyon have been near narcotic for me. I have severe anxiety and insomnia and I have begun to treat these symptoms (Experimentally) with my machine with some great results thus far.

Good luck and I hope your Procyon finds you well. I too am like a child the day before their birthday when it comes to mail order.
    Last edited by Mental_Floss; 03-30-2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: misspelled

Thread Information