Thread: Skeptic

Cool Skeptic

Hello everyone, I just purchased my first mind machine after much research and debate I am happy to say it is a Procyon.

My machine should be here tomorrow but I have not been able to contain myself so I am discussing it with my wife. She now thinks I am a complete tool cause this "Must" be some new age hippie crap that I just got ripped off on.

I can't wait to see what this thing can do, partly now just to spite her.

Since she is skeptic, what session should I expose her to first? I thought I would be nice and start out on a mild session but she has laughed at me so much I am thinking of putting it on pyromania and making her sit through the whole thing.

Since I myself have never experienced the mind machine do you think this is too much?

Anyway, I hope to have some good first experience stories for you all. Keep up the good work!

Default Re: Skeptic

Ha, what a laugh! My wife was unconvinced at first too - she's now well and truly sold on entrainment in general and the Procyon in particular. It's all been enough to finally persuade her she needed her own laptop too.

I'd go with the relaxation and regeneration type programs - they have a pretty much guaranteed feel good factor. Unless of course she likes roller-coaster rides, in which case Pyromania might be just the thing (it makes my wife nauseous!).

Hope your Procyon arrives safe and sound and you get as much pleasure form t as I have from mine. Beware! Entrainment is addictive - I now have one of everything from MindPlace, along with software and hardware from all over the place - variety and the joy of toys!!!

Cheers,
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    I'd go with the relaxation and regeneration type programs - they have a pretty much guaranteed feel good factor. Unless of course she likes roller-coaster rides, in which case Pyromania might be just the thing (it makes my wife nauseous!).
    Thank you for the suggestions! I was thinking along those lines myself as I do not want her to associate a bad experience with the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    Hope your Procyon arrives safe and sound and you get as much pleasure form t as I have from mine. Beware! Entrainment is addictive - I now have one of everything from MindPlace, along with software and hardware from all over the place - variety and the joy of toys!!!
    I know I will enjoy it, thank you. I have been wanting a mind machine for some time now and hope to use it for many avenues of my life.

You said you have used some related software, have you tried Neuro programmer 2 or can you suggest a better one that is similar?

I am also becoming interested in NLP, know of any good beginner books or even software?

Thanks for your input, it is very appreciated.

I have Neuroprogrammer and Mind Workstation, and both are absolutely 'best of breed'. (Disclosure - after being a satisfied user for some time, I became a reseller for both MindPlace and Transparent - with everything I come to know, I become happier with my choice of products/companies.)

Neuroprogrammer is an incredibly capable program with enough to keep you amused for a very long time. The preset sessions cover a great range of needs and are very effective, and it's pretty easy to develop your own sessions with the Pro version. The presets have a number of customisable settings, and a few fully editable samples are included with Pro. My wife, a declared technophobe, is using Neuroprogrammer quite happily - the fibromyalgia/chronic pain sessions work surprisingly well.

Mind Workstation is the 'Swiss army knife' of entrainment and it will do almost anything you could imagine. It's a vast and sophisticated application with an accompanying steep learning curve. It has less preset sessions than NP2, but they're all fully editable. If biofeedback is an interest, its support of devices like the Thoughtstream is excellent. MWS is my toy of choice, but it's a big step in price. Transparent have an upgrade pricing scheme, so there's no real risk in going with NP2 for a start.

If adding entrainment to your existing music library, or internet streaming audio, is a major interest, it's worth looking at Mind Stereo. It seems to be a much overlooked and underestimated program.

Obviously you've been looking at the Transparent site, so I won't ramble on about features. I love their products and the support is unmatched.

It's interesting to try other programs like BWGen and MindExplorer too, as different developers have very different ideas of what a good session should sound like.

The great thing is that they all offer free trials, or light versions, so you can have a bit of a taste and see what you like.

The Procyon does a great job as an Audiostrobe decoder with all of them.

NP2 and MWS both have tools for NLP, but Marisa, here at MindPlace is the NLP guru, so I'll leave it to her to comment more on this subject.

Cheers,
    Craig

CraigT, thank you for all the wonderful suggestions! I was on the Transparent website looking at NP2 and didn't even notice the other software they offered. MWS looks very interesting indeed. I think I will start with NP2 and work up but MWS was exactly what I was looking for beyond NP2.

I also searched Marisa's member name along with "NLP" and also came up with some good beginner books to start with. Thanks again, you too Marisa.

My Procyon is here too so I am going to go play with that for the rest of the evening.

Blog Entries

Hi Skeptic,

If you have any questions about NLP or anything else, please feel free to post them here. I'm more than happy to share what I've come across.

If you have the money, the best way to learn NLP is to take one of the Practitioner courses because it's one of those subjects that is best learned with an instructor. It's kind of like learning martial arts, you can buy books on it and watch videos but you really learn the moves best in class.

Two of the best beginner books I've come across on NLP are: The User's Manual for The Brain Vol 1 and Vol 11. by Bob Bodenhamer & Michael Hall.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    If you have any questions about NLP or anything else, please feel free to post them here. I'm more than happy to share what I've come across.
    I will do that, thank you!

If you have the money, the best way to learn NLP is to take one of the Practitioner courses because it's one of those subjects that is best learned with an instructor. It's kind of like learning martial arts, you can buy books on it and watch videos but you really learn the moves best in class.
    I would love to take a NLP practitioner course but alas, I am a starving college student Maybe one day when I am rich and famous I can become a master practitioner.

Two of the best beginner books I've come across on NLP are: The User's Manual for The Brain Vol 1 and Vol 11. by Bob Bodenhamer & Michael Hall.
    I put both books in my wanted list, thank you so much!

Have you read The Big Book Of NLP Techniques: 200+ Patterns & Strategies of Neuro Linguistic Programming by Shlomo Vaknin? If so, is it worth getting?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mental_Floss View Post
    Have you read The Big Book Of NLP Techniques: 200+ Patterns & Strategies of Neuro Linguistic Programming by Shlomo Vaknin? If so, is it worth getting?
    No I haven't read that one. The reason I would say that you shouldn't bother with this book (yet) is because doing techniques, patterns and strategies require some understanding of the basics of NLP. So this book may be useful at a later period but not at the moment. Vol II of the book I told you about is similar in that unless you read and understand Vol I, you would encounter difficulties doing anything in Vol II.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information