Thread: usb advantage!

Blog Entries

Default usb advantage!

I love the fact that we now have 2-way communication between the console (Procyon in this case) and computer!!

I updated the firmware on the Procyon, but I couldn't verify that it had taken. Sure enough, under help/about, it polls the procyon for it's firmware revision. Very cool!!

Just a suggestion, though, that it might be good to have the firmware revision flash on the LED screen of the Procyon the same way as the Proteus for quick verification of the firmware version.

Great work, MindPlace!

-Andy.
    Last edited by Andy; 11-14-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Default Re: usb advantage!

Hi! USB advantage is a great adendum to mind-machine features. Concerning other types of m.m. rather than Procyon - why there has been no effort to advise users what usb-serial converter to buy, due to seldom PC nowdays equiped with a serial port.
    Regards
    Max Danilushkin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crepuscule creature View Post
    Concerning other types of m.m. rather than Procyon - why there has been no effort to advise users what usb-serial converter to buy, due to seldom PC nowdays equiped with a serial port.
    I think that there is only a very small percentage of people who actually do spend the time to learn the software and then go on to program the light and sound machines. Of those that do take the effort, I expect many of them know about USB->Serial converters. For those that don't, I posted this bit of instruction: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hread.php?t=37

Of course the easier we can make it, the more people will give a try to doing their own programming. That's why having usb is a one of the great advantages that this product has.

Thanks for the suggestion--we will add the flashing OS version in the near future. Our engineer didn't do that this time because he assumed that people would use the editor to query the Procyon...

Robert

Thread Information