Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Procyon Driver Installation

Default Re: Procyon Driver Installation

Hi Andy,

I do have an old Dell laptop that runs very slow (don't use it anymore). Will dust it off and will experience how well these downloads and Procyon work on it.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks,
    Charles M

Andy,

Got the old computer out dusted it off and turned it on. But for some reason it would not connect to the Internet?

Seems we are back to the Desk top Vista HP computer.

Blog Entries

10-4. Hopefully I can figure out how to completely get rid of the old driver.

You could try a system restore from before you installed the driver if you are comfortable with that process...

Or just hang tight. I will look into it and get back to you.

-Andy.

Hi Andy,

I'll hang tight.

Charles M

Unhappy Re: Procyon Driver Installation

Hi Andy,

Experienced the System Restore and Installed the Editor and downloaded the Driver. At that point I plugged in the Procyon. The system recognized it and started to install the Drive.

Then a window opened up stating "Windows requires a digitally signed driver". Did some more research and found out the 64bit versions of Vista require the driver to be digitally signed. Other Vista versions do not, and of course mine is 64bit.

I am about to uninstall what portions of the driver that are on this system. Will await your input before doing anything else after that.

Thanks again,
    Charles M

Charles M,

As Andy replied, one would eventually get to the bottom of the problem. As posted elsewhere on the BB, the driver is for 32bit windows operating system. Unless, things have changed there is no 64bit driver at this time.

- Jim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charles M View Post
    Did some more research and found out the 64bit versions of Vista require the driver to be digitally signed. Other Vista versions do not, and of course mine is 64bit.
    Oh brother! I completely neglected to ask if you were running 64-bit Windows. The Driver will not work under 64-bit.

I have to remember to ask this FIRST THING next time someone has a problem installing the driver!

So sorry for not asking that question sooner.

Nothing we can really do to solve your problem presently. There may be a solution in the future, but it's not worth waiting for. You will need a 32-bit OS to run the software for the forseeable future.

If you have no access to any 32-bit OS, then you can send the product back to MP and they will update it for you and send it back.

-Andy.

Hi Andy,

There is one more thing that I'll try. I'll save the Editor and Driver files on a flash drive. Then download them to the old Laptop I have. That unit is a Windows XP system. That system should then be able to update the Procyon.

If you have any tips on how to save those files to a Flash drive would appreciate them Will be borowing the flash drive from a friend on Tuesday. Will let you know how it goes.

Charles M

Blog Entries

Hi Charles;

You just need to save the 2 zip files that you downloaded from the support site. The editor: Procyon Editor & OS 2_2_05.zip and the driver: Rev 2 (SiLabs) Procyon Universal Driver v5.3.0.zip

Drag them to your flash drive, let the operation complete and remove your flash drive. Once you've got your laptop up and running, put that flash drive into that computer and drag those files to your desktop. Double-click the driver file and run the setup. Then double-click the editor file and run the setup.

Hope it all works!

-Andy.

Smile Re: Procyon Driver Installation

Hi Andy,

"HUSTON WE HAVE LIFTOFF"

Everything worked and now the Procyon unit is up to speed!

Thank you for all your help and assistance, and you to CraigT

Thankfully,
    Charles M

Thread Information