Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Procyon Driver Installation

Unhappy Procyon Driver Installation

HELP PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

After reviewing the posts and checking my Procyon Rev.2 I noticed that it would not toggle between AL and DL (hope these are the right codes, but you get the idea) while in AS mode.

So I determined that I had not updated the Procyon. Then going through the instructions (had already downloaded the current software revisions to the computer) tryed to update the Procyon. No luck. Changed USB ports, no luck. changed USB to Procyon cable, No luck. Uninstalled the driver and new Editor. Then reinstalled them, after which I again experienced the same problems in attempting to update the Procyon.

Help is needed. What have I missed or done incorrectly? HELP

Thanks
    Charles M
    Last edited by Andy; 02-12-2009 at 01:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Driver Installation

You'll need to give some more information so I can help.

At what step exactly are you getting stuck?

Hi Andy,

After opening the Proycon editor V2.2.05 with the Proycon pluged into the computer it sometimes (most of the time) gets a hick-up when I go to select and open port. It does not recognize the port until I have it search for the port.

After that is resolved then go to "Utilities" and select "Update Procyon OS" This is where it really gets stuck. A small screen comes up saying something to the effect "communicating with Procyon" or "dowloading to the Procyon". I did not write down the wording so please excuse the lack of detail regarding that screen.

It just sits there showing the dowload status of being like one tenth and not moving at all. Not moving even after waiting 5 or more minutes. The Procyon display does not change to dl1 and does not flash.

Also have experienced the above by pluging into each USB port on my computer and attempting update at each one, no luck. Have attemped the above with the unit in dl1, no luck.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Charles M

Hi Charles,

I believe you'll find if the very, very first thing you do after launching the editor is 'open com port' everything should be fine after that. If necessary, select the correct com port, close the editor and start again, opening the com port immediately.

Cheers,
    Craig

Hi Craig,

Have tryed the recommended fix but still no go. It remains stuck at the download screen.

Charles M

I still keep a copy of the 2.1 editor on one my my machines that still isn't wildly fond of the new editor. All the others are okay, but one machine just isn't happy about it. Maybe you've also got a 1-in-? machine. Uploading the new OS with the old editor works fine.

Cheers,
    Craig

Hello again CraigT,

Have tryed the fix again a few more times. A couple of times after getting stuck at the little screen that says "Sending data to the Procyon unit" another little screen comes up saying "The Procyon is not responding. Check to see if the unit is on. Check the USB connection"

So I tryed it on another USB port on the PC(Vista). Still no go.

Just say your latest input. I will uninstall the new editor and download the old. Should that do it?

Charles M
    Last edited by Charles M; 02-12-2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: New infor from CraigT

You've said the magic word - it's my Vista machine that still has probs too. Mostly the 'fix' works, but not always. Just use the old editor - should be fine.

Cheers,
    Craig

Hi CraigT,

Have uninstalled the Rev. 2.2 Editor. Installed the Rev. 2.1 Editor and tryed the fix. This time it won't even open the com port

I'm getting more and more used to installing software

Charles M

Charles,

I'm sorry to say that's me all out of puppy tricks. I'll have to leave this one to the real gurus of such things.

All the best,
    Craig

Thread Information