Thread: Zero - The best session never written

Default Zero - The best session never written

I've just received some CDs from Transparent, the Beyond Being, Altered States collection. Now these are really, really interesting all by themselves, but they don't have AudioStrobe. As they are so complex, I couldn't think what type of standard Procyon session to run the lights, so I decided to try the 00 Random Session.

Excellent! (Said with the lustful intonation of Monty Burns)

I now have another useful tool for keeping my brain occupied while my mind looks around. I can see this working with any entrainment audio - any CD, any NP2 or MWS session - if you can't be bothered writing a custom synchronised session, just use Random 00.

Because it's random, it's essentially dissociative. So while it's not adding to the audio entrainment, it is levelling background noise.

Highly recommended!

Cheers,
    Craig

Default Re: Zero - The best session never written

Craig,

I don't quite understand what you are saying here. I thought the 'Randon 00' picks any old session. How does this add to the Transparent, or any CD's? I don't understand what you mean by levelling background noise.

Cheers,
    TomC

Yes, that's right. Because the lights are just random, they don't add to or hinder the audio entrainment. "Background noise" was a poor choice of words - I meant background mind chatter.

Rereading your question, I now see your point. 00 really is a randomly generated session - no single beat rate sustained for anywhere near long enough to entrain, and all over the place, which tends to disentrain. I find it unpleasant to listen to but with the volume turned down, I find the lights a very pleasing accompaniment for entrainment audio.

What has been interesting is that both my wife and I have repeatedly failed to notice when the light show ends before the audio, and just continued listening.

Cheers,
    Craig

Craig,

I understand what you're saying now, thanks. You know, after all these years, I always thought that session 00 picked an existing session randomly and played it. I did not realise that it was a random session generator. Learn something new every day eh. I'll have to give it a go. Thanks again Craig.

Best cheers,
    TomC

Thread Information