Thread: Improving Memory and Learning

Default Improving Memory and Learning

Hello MeOw and Marisa
    I have read your postings in this thread with interest and wish you all the best, although it sounds as if you are doing very well! One of my main interests is also to improve my learning skills and my short and long term memory - although where as you are lucky to be very young, I am due to retire shortly ;o) This is my first posting on your site, so if I am not fitting in with etiquette I apologise ;o) If I should start a new thread and not cloud yours - please advise me.

I found your thread due to a search I did on "photoreading"

Quote:
    The stuff about memory is highly helpful, I have a friend who is a photoreading instructor and she taught me a lot of things, one in particular is the memory decay graphs. Which shows how a memory will decay if you don't 'bring it up' in your mind over the week or over the month etc.

I only received my Proteus in the mail today, so although I have had a Galaxy for nearly a month, I am thus very new to mind entrainment. I am trying to learn photoreading and I hope that the Proteus will help me. Are there any programs written for the Proteus to assist with photoreading that you can recommend? or maybe advise me which standard programs would help me?

Thank you for letting me break in.
    Regards.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The 6month challenge

Hello Agodney,

Quote Originally Posted by agodney View Post
    One of my main interests is also to improve my learning skills and my short and long term memory - although where as you are lucky to be very young, I am due to retire shortly ;o)
    There is an excellent book(s) on improving the memory. It's called, "Mapping the Memory" by Rita Carter. This book is good because it gives you techniques to use on improving long and short term memory. It also explains a lot about how memory works.

http://www.ayrmetes.com/Books/books.htm (If you can't find it at your local book store.)

Another book that really helped me was "The Better Brain Book" by David Perlmutter, M.D. (you can also find it on the above website if you can't locate it at your local bookstore). This book was really good because it lists supplements that help improve brain function. For example, as we age we lose Coenzyme Q10 and this needs to be replaced by a supplement. Also, if you are not a big meat eater, you need to take extra B12.

In my case, I'm a vegetarian and I didn't know about the B12 and over time my cognitive process grew worse. My memory diminished and I had problems speaking (finding the words). I read the book and started taking the supplements suggested and thankfully, my brain is now back to normal. It was scary there for a while!

I only received my Proteus in the mail today, so although I have had a Galaxy for nearly a month, I am thus very new to mind entrainment. I am trying to learn photoreading and I hope that the Proteus will help me. Are there any programs written for the Proteus to assist with photoreading that you can recommend? or maybe advise me which standard programs would help me?
    Programs P17-22 are mostly Alpha/Beta frequencies. Beta is very helpful in improving concentration and Alpha is really good for memory and learning. You may want to use these programs before studying.

Programs P23 - 27 are mostly Theta based. Theta is very good for long term memory and cognitive processing. You would want to use these programs after you study as they will help your mind process and remember the information.

Program P20 - I found very useful to use with just the sound portion while I was studying.

I've attached a chart that tells you what Brain Wave frequencies are targeted in each session. I hope you find this helpful.

M.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Improving Memory and Learning

Hello Marisa

Thank you for information, it is much apreciated. Also thank you for starting the new thread which I will keep an eye on. My Immediate interest is Photoreading, this was the reason I joined you as MeOw knew a Photoreading trainer and I thought that maybe she had done the course with her friend and could give me first hand information of how the Proteus helped her. I think I will wait a short while and maybe start a new thread on Photoreading.
    BTW I live in a small village called Longstanton near Cambridge in the UK.
    Stay well. Regards Allan Godney.

It occured to me that you may be able to change the name of this new thread to Photoreading?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Improving Memory and Learning

Hi Allen,

Greetings from Canada,

I started a new thread for you called "Photoreading". Perhaps you can draw some conversation on the topic?
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...?p=509#post509

M.

Greetings--though I've heard of "photoreading" we don't have experience with that package. Ideally, a session or sessions could be created to complement it--but that would require some understanding of the goals and the pace of the process.

--Robert

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Greetings--though I've heard of "photoreading" we don't have experience with that package. Ideally, a session or sessions could be created to complement it--but that would require some understanding of the goals and the pace of the process.

--Robert
    Does this help? (Allen wrote up some criteria under the PhotoReading link) http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hread.php?t=81

M.

7. Default Re: Improving Memory and Learning

Hello agodney, marisa and robert austin.
    Firstly im a guy. As what robert austin said, what you want to do is use the different programs for the different purposes in photoreading. For example when you are photoreading the book, you may want to use a calm relaxed state program. Then when you are activating you may want to use a focused program. Etc.

However, in my opinion I would learn how to PR first without the proteus. Learn to read your own signals without interferance from other things. Grasp how PR works and improve your PR skills. You can still use the proteus but use it at another time when you are totally focused on that. This way you will experience the differences in both and then later when you know the effects and workings of each, you can combine them and see if they are doing you good or harm etc.
    For eg, if you have got each step of the PR process working, then you add proteus you can see if it improves on your originally working PR or if it in someway inhibits you.

Anyway good luck, PR does work it is just a matter of practicing and trying.

Thread Information