Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: kundalini awakening

Blog Entries

Default Re: kundalini awakening experience

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Yeah, I don't particularly think is a very good thread to be discussing kundalini... Things kind of took a 'left' turn here.... Far too many side issues to distract from the topic.

However, I do appreciate the helpful and reasonable stance that was taken here and the descriptions of the transformations that accompany the kundalini experience...

Still I hope that Andy will reconsider and not force this whole subject into this particular 'mess' of a thread.
    I'm not sure why you can't add to this thread, especially if the conversation you have in mind is related to the subject of Kundalini? I think that if someone is interested in reading a variety of positions on the subject, having it all in one place (one thread) is good. Less confusing.

Perhaps I'm not understanding how you think the conversation took a left turn? In the end, if it's something you feel strongly about, then let's think of a way to resolve this so you can post comfortably. Perhaps the solution is to start a different thread - with a different title that makes your thread stand apart from this one. I'll check with Andy and maybe we can change the title of this thread? Your contributions here are valued and I don't want a small matter such as this to stand in your way.

The way I see it is that the thread is about an emotional experience that resulted from the process the person undertook as a result of their method of kundalini awakening. There are many different "traditions" that use a process related to this as a form of spiritual or personal growth - hence some of Craig's and my comments.

There are lots of potential outcomes of Altered States of Consciousness (ASC) and sometimes the outcome creates mental or emotional obstacles. The Theta state is great for this kind of work but theta is notorious for unlocking and bringing to the surface memories, feelings and confusion. I think it's helpful for someone to be aware that this can happen and also have a place to go to understand what is happening.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: kundalini experience

Quote Originally Posted by makar View Post
    what kind of meditations?
    And are you a satanist or what
    It doesn't matter if the person was a satanist or not. What matters is the experience on the subject. Think about this: Kitty heaven = mousy hell. It's all perception.

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: kundalini awakening

My god.

All I can say is I am rather shocked.

I have come a long way with my healing that it is hard to believe some of the thing's I have written on my previous posts.

I do feel that after some time when you wash away the intensity of trauma your mind becomes clearer and more peaceful.

It's amazing and shocking how the unconscious mind can play chasey with your thought's.

In regards to Satanism. Really spirituality is a broad subject and can be put in many contexts. Spiritual Satanism is one path that you can take, especially if you have an aggressive outlook on life. But the ultimate goal is to release the conditioning and trauma and have a sensible approach to life. There are many avenues to this. From Krishna, to Buddhism, kinesiology, transcendental meditation, brain entrainment, etc.

I guess whatever gets you to where you need to be.

These day's I am very open to the views and opinions of others, without being vulnerable to misinformation. In the past I was affected by fear, fear of others, fear of myself, fear in general.

That would be the ultimate aim in life, to release ourselves from a state of pain and fear and needing, into a state of knowledge and love and sharing. Which all takes time.

Blog Entries

I take a slightly different position in regards to grouping items having navigated through hundreds of online forums. Most forums seem to suffer from threads that go way off the original topic and people that are looking for a specific bit of information have to weed through pages of irrelevant responses to follow the conversation.

I think smaller threads and more of them that are well categorized and available by search are better. When things get too far off topic, then moderators move these side discussions to new threads.

That is just my opinion and really it means nothing.

This conversation took place with a specific set of people around a topic that introduced a lot of room for disagreement and debate... all unrelated to kundalini except for the fact that it was the original impetus for the conversation and gave a good look into some of the possible outcomes of the experience.

It was handled well by all parties ultimately don't get me wrong.

I see that veeaye is a very self-observant and sincere individual and on a spiritual path. What more can you ask of a person really?

The thing that is of concern was the distracting factor of the hot button topic of Satanism. Not the ideology per se as in Western mystery traditions 'left' and 'right' hand paths are but different journeys up the tree. However, the connotations present in most people's minds do not foster reasonable discussion. And it is not what we are talking about... kundalini is what we are talking about.

I have no interest to debate the merits or viewpoints of, nor disregard, any particular spiritual way. Kundalini Yoga and Tantric traditions have a long history completely removed from the Western ideas of deity. They manifest as practices or 'paths of action'.

We can see that when makar was directed to this thread from his newer post he(she?) immediately focused entirely on the Satanist thing. And in each subsequent response what are we talking about? Not kundalini.

It is worth mentioning that the meditation that was being discussed was actually a 'Merkabah' meditation that has its roots in Lurianic Jewish Kabbalah but was marketed by 'new age' gurus such as Drunvalo Melchizedek. So see even this has nothing in particular to do with Satanism or historic kundalini practice besides as a 'path of action'.

Personally, I prefer the sentiment set forth in the statement: 'The methods of science, the aim of religion'.

I think AVS machines stand firmly and helpfully within this context.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-17-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Blog Entries

I take a slightly different position in regards to grouping items having navigated through hundreds of online forums. Most forums seem to suffer from threads that go way off the original topic and people that are looking for a specific bit of information have to weed through pages of irrelevant responses to follow the conversation.
    LOL Now we are definitely off-topic. The opinions of our members is important and I think that this should be discussed in a new thread. I'll ask Andy to set that up.

That is just my opinion and really it means nothing.
    You are a member of this forum and your opinion is valid and worth considering.

This conversation took place with a specific set of people around a topic that introduced a lot of room for disagreement and debate... all unrelated to kundalini except for the fact that it was the original impetus for the conversation and gave a good look into some of the possible outcomes of the experience.
    Debate - oh don't get me excited. I think a good traditional styled debate would be fun. I say "traditional" because there would be rules to keep it from degenerating into something less enlightening ... more like flames and BBQ. C'mon let's do it!

It was handled well by all parties ultimately don't get me wrong.

I see that veeaye is a very self-observant and sincere individual and on a spiritual path. What more can you ask of a person really?
    Veeaye's willingness to discuss his experience presented us with a unique opportunity to discuss a matter that is rarely discussed - the other side of mind work.

There is a lot of hype on "attaining higher levels of consciousness", enlightenment etc. and this all leads the candidate to believe that the process is simple and that change can occur without sweat and tears. Often people engage in these practices and achieve an altered state of consciousness and then crash when it doesn't hold or something else in the mind comes to surface and creates some problems.

It's not a topic specific to kundalini and so we could move this particular subject to another thread.

The thing that is of concern was the distracting factor of the hot button topic of Satanism. Not the ideology per se as in Western mystery traditions 'left' and 'right' hand paths are but different journeys up the tree. However, the connotations present in most people's minds do not foster reasonable discussion. And it is not what we are talking about... kundalini is what we are talking about.
    Ya but that gave you the opportunity to clarify something that is often misunderstood.

I have no interest to debate the merits or viewpoints of, nor disregard, any particular spiritual way. Kundalini Yoga and Tantric traditions have a long history completely removed from the Western ideas of deity. They manifest as practices or 'paths of action'.
    I don't know, having that discussion with an atheist (who has a background in related things) may be quite interesting.

We can see that when makar was directed to this thread from his newer post he(she?) immediately focused entirely on the Satanist thing. And in each subsequent response what are we talking about? Not kundalini.
    I saw it as an opportunity. Makar is looking for something and it doesn't matter what caught his/her eye, what matters is what comes of it. It's an opportunity for you or someone else to explain the difference between Satanism and Kundalini awakening. My knowledge on these two subjects is basic and any distinction between the two things doesn't really matter to me so I'm not the best person to do this ... however ... it seems to have triggered something in you so .... maybe you are the one to do something about this.

It is worth mentioning that the meditation that was being discussed was actually a 'Merkabah' meditation that has its roots in Lurianic Jewish Kabbalah but was marketed by 'new age' gurus such as Drunvalo Melchizedek. So see even this has nothing in particular to do with Satanism or historic kundalini practice besides as a 'path of action'.
    See, that's interesting. I recall studying the Merkabah (Jewish Mystic version not new age) years ago. Thinking about the Merkabah meditations and Kundalini practice - can you see a common denominator in the two? The practices may be different but think about the outcome?

Personally, I prefer the sentiment set forth in the statement: 'The methods of science, the aim of religion'.
    Wasn't that from our friend Crowley?

I think AVS machines stand firmly and helpfully within this context.
    Agreed.

M.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    LOL Now we are definitely off-topic. The opinions of our members is important and I think that this should be discussed in a new thread. I'll ask Andy to set that up.
    Agreed. It is entirely up to Andy and yourself in the end but I do have opinions and skills in this area.

You are a member of this forum and your opinion is valid and worth considering.
    Thank you. Openness to input is crucial to long term participation from all members.

Debate - oh don't get me excited. I think a good traditional styled debate would be fun. I say "traditional" because there would be rules to keep it from degenerating into something less enlightening ... more like flames and BBQ. C'mon let's do it!
    Debate is fine but in a strict sense the parties must be well-matched, have a common vocabulary, a framework for discussion, and a published set of rules to abide by. Otherwise I have found that it quickly devolves and really it is just an intellectual exercise often disguising thinly masked grandstanding.

Veeaye's willingness to discuss his experience presented us with a unique opportunity to discuss a matter that is rarely discussed - the other side of mind work.

There is a lot of hype on "attaining higher levels of consciousness", enlightenment etc. and this all leads the candidate to believe that the process is simple and that change can occur without sweat and tears. Often people engage in these practices and achieve an altered state of consciousness and then crash when it doesn't hold or something else in the mind comes to surface and creates some problems.

It's not a topic specific to kundalini and so we could move this particular subject to another thread.
    Yes, excellent observation and approach. This thread has a lot to offer in that regard. And you are correct, nothing comes without effort and hurdles. The realms of the subconscious are treacherous and few finish what they start.

I saw it as an opportunity. Makar is looking for something and it doesn't matter what caught his/her eye, what matters is what comes of it. It's an opportunity for you or someone else to explain the difference between Satanism and Kundalini awakening. My knowledge on these two subjects is basic and any distinction between the two things doesn't really matter to me so I'm not the best person to do this ... however ... it seems to have triggered something in you so .... maybe you are the one to do something about this.
    Maybe so. It is just that kundalini energy is a difficult concept on its own. When you take the imagery of the fire serpent and sexual energy and the risk of physical and emotional disturbances....
    then mix in radically unrelated concepts (from a historical standpoint) such as Satanism (and by that do we mean LaVey, Aquino, Nightside, Shadow Work, Qliphothic or just anything that is not Christian?)...
    you are creating a powder keg

Here's the thing... I have no bones to pick nor I do I feel the need to proselytize.

I am well-versed and can field questions in the Western Mystery Traditions and Esoteric Eastern practices. I also have knowledge in NLP, Hypnosis (stage and clinical), most branches of Psychology with an emphasis on Jungian (besides modern pharmacology based), Popular Science, Ethnobotanicals, Archaeology, Technology, and Physiology.

My knowledge on these subjects has been filtered through a Western mindset as English is my native language. My library is immense and I draw from both academic and mystical sources.

In the course of discussion these fields all play a role in the formation of ideas. However, as stated I am not keen on pushing a particular point of view nor do I have one billionth of the knowledge of some people or which I hope to someday achieve.

I want to learn as well as teach.

But if someone has a question or I can contribute in some way then I am more than willing.

Blog Entries

Maybe so. It is just that kundalini energy is a difficult concept on its own. When you take the imagery of the fire serpent and sexual energy and the risk of physical and emotional disturbances....
    then mix in radically unrelated concepts (from a historical standpoint) such as Satanism (and by that do we mean LaVey, Aquino, Nightside, Shadow Work, Qliphothic or just anything that is not Christian?)...
    you are creating a powder keg
    Perhaps the exercise itself is not related to what creates the problem. I think the problem stems from the emotional state of the person undertaking the exercise, including the reason they are doing this in the first place as well as their expectations on the outcome.

.... comments ... anyone .... Bueller ...?

M.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veeaye View Post
    My god.

All I can say is I am rather shocked.

I have come a long way with my healing that it is hard to believe some of the thing's I have written on my previous posts.
    It sounds like you have come a long way since.

I do feel that after some time when you wash away the intensity of trauma your mind becomes clearer and more peaceful.

It's amazing and shocking how the unconscious mind can play chasey with your thought's.
    Unconscious and conscious. Your conscious mind tells the u/c what to believe.

Beliefs are a very powerful thing and I think the thing that is often misunderstood is the point that - just because we believe it, doesn't mean it's real or true.

In regards to Satanism. Really spirituality is a broad subject and can be put in many contexts. Spiritual Satanism is one path that you can take, especially if you have an aggressive outlook on life. But the ultimate goal is to release the conditioning and trauma and have a sensible approach to life. There are many avenues to this. From Krishna, to Buddhism, kinesiology, transcendental meditation, brain entrainment, etc.
    I like the way you put this. Good point made.

These day's I am very open to the views and opinions of others, without being vulnerable to misinformation. In the past I was affected by fear, fear of others, fear of myself, fear in general.
    Just to play devil's advocate here (pun maybe intended). How do you discern information from misinformation?

That would be the ultimate aim in life, to release ourselves from a state of pain and fear and needing, into a state of knowledge and love and sharing. Which all takes time.
    True. I think the Buddhists have some good ideas on how to do this (in case anyone is wondering).

Thanks for checking in and once again sharing your thoughts about your journey. That takes courage.

M.

Blog Entries

Here's the thing... I have no bones to pick nor I do I feel the need to proselytize.
    I think you are capable of sharing knowledge and opinion without doing this.

I am well-versed and can field questions in the Western Mystery Traditions and Esoteric Eastern practices. I also have knowledge in NLP, Hypnosis (stage and clinical), most branches of Psychology with an emphasis on Jungian (besides modern pharmacology based), Popular Science, Ethnobotanicals, Archaeology, Technology, and Physiology.

My knowledge on these subjects has been filtered through a Western mindset as English is my native language. My library is immense and I draw from both academic and mystical sources.
    Oh now you're just scaring us. Ha ha poke poke Seriously, I'm glad to have such a good resource on board.

In the course of discussion these fields all play a role in the formation of ideas. However, as stated I am not keen on pushing a particular point of view ...

I think you are capable of providing information and opinion without being pushy ...

nor do I have one billionth of the knowledge of some people or which I hope to someday achieve.
    Okay, so you are not always going to be right. Noted. It's a good sign of your intelligence.

I want to learn as well as teach.
    And the best way to do both of these things is to engage.

But if someone has a question or I can contribute in some way then I am more than willing.
    Okay, I'm asking you to share your thoughts and knowledge and I think you can contribute by starting some threads of discussion on some of your interests. Share what you know - inspire the questions, comments and discussion.

It's difficult for someone to ask a question when they don't know what they don't know.

M.

Just to play devil's advocate here (pun maybe intended). How do you discern information from misinformation?
    Good Point. Now you got me thinking....

I guess there is no real way of knowing. I just tend to agree to points that fit into my view of reality based on the knowledge I have acquired, but I guess that also makes me a somewhat faulty human being. It's the best I can do.

I'm really wanting to go through this whole thread again, but it feels like a novel has been written and it feels like too much of an investment to read all the long posts.

One day...

Thanks for your insights Marissa.

Thread Information