Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Np2

1. Default Re: Np2

You can add me to your list.

Carlos Barreto

Default Re: Np2

That seems like a pretty clear expression of interest! Thanks, all! I'll get onto the AS-to-Synchromuse Wizard as soon as all the info is at hand.

I started looking at doing the how-to for the manual approach, and realised that on the one hand it is incredibly simple, but on the other there's a zillion variables.

What I'd like to do for a start, rather than trying to document every possibility, is just give a general idea of how to use NP2 to create a Synchomuse track and then try to answer any questions that arise.

You can decide what order to do things in.

If you want to do the light show first, then you can do the Procyon Editor thing and note all the segment timings there, then use those timings to place the nodes in NP2's Session Editor.

Or you can design the Audio in NP2 first, noting all the node timings to determine segment lengths for the Procyon lights session.

At some point you will need do all the steps in the Procyon Editor to produce the RAW header file. Unfortunately RAW is not a supported format in NP2, so you will need to open Audacity one more time - to import the RAW (in STEREO) and then export it as a WAV. Also note the length of the header, rounded up (the sample is about 0.26 seconds).

You then go into NP2 Scripts/New Scripts. Add track/Use soundfile to place the WAV version of the header at time 0. You can also import other content or script soundfiles, just sure there is no imported or track content that will make any sound before the Header has ended (i.e. 0.26 seconds in the case of the sample).

When you select the session to play, select the script that has the related header, set your Procyon to dAS, and away you go. You can also export the whole session to WAV and it will work fine. Hi-res compression with OGG or FLAC will probably work, extremely hi-res MP3 (384k +) might work. The header signal is 19.6kHz, so you need a good top end.

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Cheers,
    Craig

Just a little progress report...

Information is gradually arriving from all necessary sources.

Reading NP2 session files is rather more tricky than I had anticipated. I'm going to need to spend a bit of time working out if I can do it in a satisfactory manner.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if there would be similar interest in a Mind Workstation-to-Synchromuse wizard? Reading the MWS session files is a much more straight-forward matter.

Cheers,
    Craig

Craig,

I could be wrong, but I think this wizard will attract a lot more people with an NP2 interface. For me, MWS is too complex (for my needs) and expensive. Just my $0.02 worth.

Cheers,
    TomC

Hello,

I agree with Tom C. Also I already have NP2. Am currently experiencing some of their Sessions. Will soon be ready to dive in to creating some Sessions. Am extremely interested in experimenting with colors and the Ganz effect.

Charles C

Yet another update on the NP2/Synchromuse wizard...

Unfortunately I still don't have all the information I need, but the information I already have has made it clear that this project is more trouble than it's worth to me, so sadly, it has made it to the scrap heap.

I'm always interested in ideas for applications/utilities, so if there is anything you'd like me to have a look at, please feel free to let me know.

If you're interested in non-frequency specific brain training, I've written a little application that generates pulses and AS light flashes in vague mimicry of one well known and publicised device. I say vague because that device uses neurofeedback whereas mine does not (yet), so it's anyone's guess whether it's good for anything. If nothing else it can generate some pretty wild light shows. Email me if you'd like a copy.

Cheers,
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    Yet another update on the NP2/Synchromuse wizard...

Unfortunately I still don't have all the information I need, but the information I already have has made it clear that this project is more trouble than it's worth to me, so sadly, it has made it to the scrap heap.

I'm always interested in ideas for applications/utilities, so if there is anything you'd like me to have a look at, please feel free to let me know.

If you're interested in non-frequency specific brain training, I've written a little application that generates pulses and AS light flashes in vague mimicry of one well known and publicised device. I say vague because that device uses neurofeedback whereas mine does not (yet), so it's anyone's guess whether it's good for anything. If nothing else it can generate some pretty wild light shows. Email me if you'd like a copy.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Craig,

Thanks for the update Craig. I kind of thought that this interface would be pretty difficult. Adam at Transparent Corp told me that he has tried to get Procyon RGB to talk to MWS and NP2 but he has been unable to do so (maybe due to the Procyon USB port protocol?).

I think that the real key is to figure out how to get the mws/np2 rgb talking together first. In my case, I will gladly upgrade from np2 to mws if the Procyon RGB was supported.

Cheers.
    TomC
    Last edited by TomC; 03-03-2009 at 03:34 AM.

Thread Information