Thread: Neurophone and Echophone

Default Neurophone and Echophone

Sorry if this post is out of line. I'm not doing so well finding information out on the web with this technology.

I plan to use the Neurophone with the Proteus to ratchet up the sessions. The difference in price between the Echophone and the Neurophone is around $135 and the Echophone comes with headphones and a seperate volume control for the audio signal, I don't get the price difference.

Does anyone have any ideas or opinions about the differences between these 2 units?
    Is the technology the same?

Thanks
    Jerome

Default Re: Neurophone and Echophone

Hi Jerome, and welcome!

I guess the first question I would have to ask is why you believe it's better to drive the sound into your skull than just let in in through the ears like we're naturally built.

I am not being cynical or sarcastic. This is a question I ask myself. The sales pitch for these gizmos is really compelling, and it sounds like a real buzz having your cranium buzzing and making the brain jelly quiver.

My own conclusion is that it would make an awesome toy, and my friends would love it, and I would try to buy the best model I could afford. As a useful tool, I very much doubt it will be any better than the standard headphones. Entrainment is simple, it just works.

I'd certainly love to hear how you get on.

Cheers,

Craig

Ok, I'll cut right to the chase. I built a booth in my basement out of plywood. I put a stool in it, some electric and ventilation. I have sub-woofers on either side of my head and board with LEDs mounted on it that I can swing in front of my face. I have rotary switch that allows me to select 1 of 5 colors. I also have an mp3 player in there with different sound tracks (ocean surf, jungle, rainstorm....).

The sub-woofers can only be so loud before my ears hurt and if the lights are too bright I get sick to the stomach. I thought with the Neurophone I could intensify the whole experience, even if it only makes the waves or the raindrops more intense.

I've been a busy boy since my last post. I really appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    Jerome

Ahhh, the secret is out!!! How unbelievably way cool!!!

My suggestion would be that you look into the Bass Shaker Transducers. There's quite a few brands out there and they're used on therapy tables and by avid gamers to add full-on vibration without much noise. Most seem to want a standard 20-50W RMS amp. I have no opinion on the one in the link - it's just to show what I'm talking about...

http://www.moesrealm.com/hometheater/bassshaker.html

The neat thing about what you've built is that it's wireless - it would be a shame to have to wear or attach anything at this stage.

Please keep us infromed of your progress!!!

Cheers,
    Craig

Default neurophone

hi i am really curious to know if any one has ever used neurophone ??do thy really hear music inside there head?? i know many people here have a lot of experience and knowledge about the brain ... it is going to cost 99 dollars instead 800 .. cud i use kasina with it ?

Blog Entries

I've always been curious. I just know that it is way,way,way overpriced and well beyond my 'fordahellofit" range. Now, $99 I could probably stomach. I have seen circuits that claim to reproduce the effect but have never built one. Really, I think it is not at all dissimilar from a bone transducer although the claim some other organ is doing the decoding. Fascinating but I just put it out my mind when they cost that much. CraigT pretty much echoes my feelings on the subject.

However, again for $99 if it is a true Neurophone (and digital?) then maybe. It should work with the Kasina if it takes a standard audio feed.

Let us know if you get one and how it works for you.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

7. Default Re: Neurophone and Echophone

I have used a Neurophone. If you crank it way up, as a newbie, you can "hear" through the pads. I never had a chance to work with it much after the first week and a helpful family member packed it away... in a box headed to another continent!

I will be getting a next-generation model when they come out.

I intend to use it for things like affirmations while I have to be in 'hearing mode' and can't wear headphones and for streaming other data for self-programming.

Given the reputed healing nature of ultrasound waves, bombarding my brain with them might not be a bad idea.

is the pads make any noise with out touching the skin ?

did you try some session like isochronics tones?
    do you think makes any diference?

I would like to try with Kasina

Thread Information