Thread: Disclosure of Interests

Default Disclosure of Interests

Up until a few days ago I was an extremely satisfied Procyon user. Now I'm an extremely satisfied Procyon dealer.

I have posted since I first got my Procyon last February or March thereabouts. There's been the good and the bad. I'm pleased to say, that with the vocal support of a couple of other members, I played a part in encouraging MindPlace to perform a minor miracle and upgrade the Procyon OS to provide the analog shaped AudioStrobe feature.

Edit - I just realised I forgot to mention 'the good' - I arrived here believing I was bipolar, and being medicated as such. Largely as the result of the clarity of mind facilitated by alpha meditation, along with some other therapeutic benefits of entrainment, I am no longer bipolar, it was a misdiagnosis, the symptoms being the product of a relatively benign personality disorder (OCPD). I'm now on a theoretically sub-therapeutic dose of fluoxetine, which I believe may well have become necessary as the result of years of therapeutic dose SSRIs. For whichever one of the many scientific supported justification, or any of the anecdotal ones, entrainment has been pivotal in some pretty substantial improvements to my life and that of my family. Note - I am in New Zealand - there is no constraint on me referring to therapeutic benefits.

As I've learned more about brainwave entrainment, audio/visual in particular, I have wanted to know more, so I've involved myself with aspect of the Procyon programming (I haven't actually managed to do anything useful yet) and been particularly intrusive here on the boards. By sharing what I know, and being challenged when I'm wrong, I have learned so much more that I could have from stuffy books.

The way it goes is this... the economic climate isn't great, and my design business is really only half a business now, so in the spirit of going out in a blaze of glory, if it is to be that I go out at all, I have taken on Transparent Corp and MindPlace dealerships. I now have a large lump more debt, and a bunch of Procyons and Proteuses and Siriuses and lots of different coloured glasses on their way.

I'm really looking forward to being able to answer some of the 'what colour' or 'what model' or 'what session' questions from first hand experience of all these machines.

I sincerely hope this financial attachment will not diminish my credibility or my usefulness. I am not an employee of either company and am under no obligation to say anything I don't believe. I will continue to support them only while I believe they are the product I would still choose to buy.

Anyway, that is my disclosure of interest.

Craig

P.S. If any part of what I have said above can be misconstrued as negativity, I assure you, every word is intended as praise of my past experiences and excitement at the new prospects that are opening up to me. As I have disclosed elsewhere I labour under some of the characteristics of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and therefore have an exaggerated sense of moral and ethical duty.
    Last edited by CraigT; 01-30-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Disclosure of Interests

Hi Craig,

I don't see your being a dealer for our products diminishing your credibility on the forum. If such was the case, then I'd be in big trouble because I'm a distributor.

Both you and I started out as just users of the product and we've grown to love them so much that we represent them in our businesses.

I don't sell the machines outside of Canada and I don't make any money from sales outside of Canada so what I'm doing on this forum obviously isn't to drum up sales. Because of where you are located, I know it's a similar situation with you. Even if it wasn't, your helping people on this forum isn't conditional on them buying products from you. They are free to shop around and buy from where they want - therefore, I don't think this will diminish your credibility at all. Maybe it'll add to it. I wish more of the dealers did participate in the forum.

It's all good.

We are lucky to have you on this forum and Mindplace is lucky to have you as a dealer not to mention that your contribution toward product improvement is highly appreciated!
    M.
    Last edited by Marisa; 01-30-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Congratulations, Craig.

You have been a great source of positive influence & I look forward to continued contact & learning from your questions & answers with other great contributors...

Re OCPD... (maybe just another judgment/label?)... Perhaps if the ethical & moral bar was raised a "bit" on this poor forsaken planet of our, you might just become "normal" or even a role model?! Balance & Harmony is my motto... just obsessive & compulsive enough to be great, while leaving the "disorder" at bay.

All the best of luck in your new endeavor with these two great companies... and thanks again for your honesty... I appreciate it!

Awwww, shucks, guys

Seriously, I'm a little embarassed now - that so wasn't meant to be such blatant attention seeking behaviour.

Well, I guess what's done is done, so anyway, thanks

Thread Information