Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Achieving a hypnotic state

Default Re: Achieving a hypnotic state

Marisa:

I appreciate your offer of assistance.

I have used many other hypnosis tapes besides the one I mentioned.

Some of the techniques I have learned I incorporated into my regiments.

Such as: I notice if I imagine I'm laying in a hammock rocking back and forth
    my brain actually simulates this, letting me relax more thoroughly.
    (this may also be due to the fact that I'm usually doing this in my waterbed and may subconsciously be moving the bed)

Usually the hypnotist requires you to count backward from 300 or perform
    some form of reverse math calculation to stimulate relaxation during their suggestions. I try to replicate this method whenever I go under.

If you have the time let me know what you think of the program I posted.

I will be creating many more.

I plan to map out the current session I am using to tailor it to the key hypnotic suggestions, like when the hypnotist says imagine sunlight running up and down parts of your body, I will add an effect so the program will ripple like sunshine or if he says imagine an orange ball of light glowing in your abdomen, I will try and create a ripple of frequencies at that time mark.

Thanks again,
    Dave

Craig:

Thanks for your input and encouragement.

Dave

Blog Entries

Hi Dave,
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDave View Post
    Usually the hypnotist requires you to count backward from 300 or perform
    some form of reverse math calculation to stimulate relaxation during their suggestions. I try to replicate this method whenever I go under.
    The progressive body relaxation is also a fairly popular method. That's the one where you start at your toes (tense and relax) and work your way up your body.

The boat floating on the water, rocking in waves, is much like your hammock metaphor. The waterbed definitely adds to the physical sensation, deepening the trance.

If you have the time let me know what you think of the program I posted.
    Are you referring to the SMR program? How did you like the results?

Please add a copy of whatever programs you want to share with the forum users to the Library/Sessions section on the forum http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...splay.php?f=13 . Other wise, something others may really enjoy will get lost in the posts.

I will be creating many more.
    Awesome! The measurement of a program is whether you get favorable results from it or not. Some people may not get the same results, some people may get even better results.

I plan to map out the current session I am using to tailor it to the key hypnotic suggestions, like when the hypnotist says imagine sunlight running up and down parts of your body, I will add an effect so the program will ripple like sunshine or if he says imagine an orange ball of light glowing in your abdomen, I will try and create a ripple of frequencies at that time mark.
    It would be easier to do this with a program such as Neuroprogrammer or Mindworkstation - especially when you are trying to line up visual effects with words. Craig is the best person to talk to this about.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Marisa:

Thanks again for your assistance!

It would be easier to do this with a program such as Neuroprogrammer or Mindworkstation - especially when you are trying to line up visual effects with words. Craig is the best person to talk to this about.
    I don't think I'll be buying Mindworkstation anytime soon, for $499, I'll tuff it out my way.

Originally Posted by: Craig T
    At present I don't have a Proteus and know pretty much nothing about its sessions. Marisa is the expert on picking the right sessions
    I believe Craig stated that you were the resident aficionado on Proteus sessions, and he was the Procyon man, I'm not sure if that pertains to aligning visual effects with words for the Proteus.

I'll ask Craig if he has any tips, but, I feel it will not be a challenge for me.

Kind regards,

Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDave View Post
    Marisa:

Thanks again for your assistance!

I don't think I'll be buying Mindworkstation anytime soon, for $499, I'll tuff it out my way.
    I think you could do it with NP2, which is a lot cheaper. Craig would be able to tell you if this is possible.

I believe Craig stated that you were the resident aficionado on Proteus sessions, and he was the Procyon man, I'm not sure if that pertains to aligning visual effects with words for the Proteus.
    It's going to be a matter of timing. You'll have to do a lot of having the Proteus editor in open session and playing the cd and matching up the words to effects. I think this would be a very challenging prospect. I don't know of a better way to do it than with a program such as NP2 or MWS.

Other than the "wow" effect, it really isn't essential for a good hypnosis cd. So it depends on whether you want to take the effort or not. Cudos to you in the realm of patience if you do. I'd be hucking my machine (or something) through the window in frustration.

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hello Dave, you are asking the most important question as far as i am concerned. I just purchased the proteus thinking i would be able to induce a deep state for the purpose of programable hypnosis. I have operated a hynotherapy clinic in the past and have some knowledge of its usage. I assumed (programable) ment having a script accompany the proteus sessions. My mistake! Since you have already been down this road and reading your comments leeds me to belive that you may have saved me hours of frustration on the internet, So from what i gather here is you can import a hypnotic CD and run a proteus program together. But cannot creat a hypnotic behavioral modiification on the proteus itself. I would like to know more of your experiences with this if possible Thanks Swan

Hi Swan,

I don't know if Dave is still around, but I just thought I'd dive in and give you a bit of a reply.

Marisa, here at MindPlace, is a hypnosis/NLP expert, and I'm sure she'll have some words for you in due course, but another forum you may find valuable is at http://www.transparentcorp.com/community/forum

There you will find lots of people using Neuroprogrammer and Mind Workstation in conjunction with their mind machines to do all manner of things along the lines you're seeking.

To give the short answer to your question, you can use a CD player, MP3 player or computer to play any material you wish through the Proteus alongside the Proteus session. The Proteus is also an excellent Audiostrobe decoder for sessions created with applications such as those I mentioned above.

I hope you're not disappointed with your purchase, because you've just opened the door to an amazing world of self-development.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Hi Swan,

Are you looking to do this to yourself or others?

If you are looking to use the Proteus in hypnosis sessions (for others), what I did when I was practicing, was to run a microphone, two sets of headphones, cd player and my proteus through a small mixer. By doing this, I was able to use a variety of scripts and cds as well as provide entrainment through the Proteus and induce very deep states in clients.

If you are looking to create audiostrobe like cds for yourself, then Craig's method with Neuroprogrammer or Mind Work Station is probably the best option.

M.

A thank you to Craig and Marisa for your help. My experience with the Proteus has been exceptional so far. I am using P18 and a program, Hypnotic and have noticed deep trance phenomena. Very exciting!! Thanks Again Swan

Thread Information