Thread: Ruby/Sapphire Lightframes for the Proteus

1. Default Ruby/Sapphire Lightframes for the Proteus

Hello,

I would like to know under what circumstances the red and blue are preferable to red and green?

Default Re: Ruby/Sapphire Lightframes for the Proteus

The colours rank in order of stimulation, Red, Green, Blue, so red will be most appropriate for energising sessions (beta), green for mid range (alpha/theta) and blue for deeper relaxation (theta/delta). However, blue light at night can mess with the seratonin/melatonin chemistry and inhibit sleep, so green is probably the best for bedtime.

All that said, a lot of the sessions mix it up a bit, so it's partly color but mostly the frequency that delivers the results.

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. With Audiostrobe, a lot of sources don't do much to control the individual channels, so you're going to get red/green (amber) or red/blue (magenta) anyway.

On my Procyon, I've set up the AS colours so that right is red and left is green/blue, so for most ordinary AS sessions the overall color is pretty much white. So white glasses are a good option too, and you get a surprising amount of colors and patterns just with white (I've never actually used true white glasses, but I've experimented with a xenon strobe, and it's pretty good!)

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information